Thai Cupid - anyone sign up recently and get a ton of spam emails daily?

I got a Gmail last week introducing me to my "hot" Russian girlfriend.

It is  a shame that I never asked for the email and deleted it as soon as I saw it.

I wonder if she knew that I am 78, been married the second time for 23 years this week and have an 18 year old son.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, billd766 said:

I got a Gmail last week introducing me to my "hot" Russian girlfriend.

It is  a shame that I never asked for the email and deleted it as soon as I saw it.

I wonder if she knew that I am 78, been married the second time for 23 years this week and have an 18 year old son.

I told her. 

• Haha 1

On 4/17/2023 at 2:49 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Anyone else get the same?

Nothing new. It had the same problem 7 years ago. This is what they do. It was a  great site 15 years ago when there were genuine members and no smart phones, but it went down year after year. 

Edited by The Theory
  • Like 1

A friend of mine tried Thai Cupid for a while and said it did not have the "quality" of Thai Friendly, which he now uses fairly exclusively. Although he did mention that he was also using the RSVP dating site again. I asked him, "WHY???" ????

It's probably best to stay away from dating sites and meet women the old fashioned way. Through friends, at work, in a mall, etc. Dating sites are full of scammers and a lot of the "women" are really ladyboys or scammers that will ask for money. I know two guys that got swindled out of thousands of dollars. One told me exactly how much he sent them and the other said he was too embarrassed to say. One found out that the "woman" he was supposedly chatting with was actually a group of people that would work in shifts so one of them was always available when he was logged on.  He found out as at any given time the person he was chatting with had no idea about things he apparently told one of the others. It took him a few weeks (and thousands of dollars) but he figured it out. Unfortunate.

• Like 1

yep...used TC last year and noticed its gone to h*ll......same as TF i suspect many fake profiles as TF was bought by what seems to be a chinese co...and im actually currently calling out a "gal" on TF who i assume is a scammer but her single pic...empty profile and "responses"  

note TC has other sites so consider HOW does a sister site launch with "pre-installed" members and the #s have grown as TF gets many new members and toggles back between premium and non if you keep an eye out for "patterns"...

also if TC could sell your info such as emails for cash to companies do you think they would have any qualms about the ethics of it over profit.....

both sites have really gone to the dogs..quite literally......i just waste my time trolling the trolls unless they are willing to do a video call....

seems the easiest way to flush them out and how the new members post a single pic--empty profile with 172737Th kind of usernames

as it seems the fakers have certain styles and get bored posting fake accounts explains these patterns......just my opinion --theory

was gonna join TC again but did a quick search and was reminded how junky it is and the price seems to have gone up too.....pass

also long profiles in perfect english is a sign as thais are terrified to speak it and google translate always messes up the translation/language

4 hours ago, Dexxter said:

A friend of mine tried Thai Cupid for a while and said it did not have the "quality" of Thai Friendly, which he now uses fairly exclusively. Although he did mention that he was also using the RSVP dating site again. I asked him, "WHY???" ????

Thai friendly definitely has much better lookers but most are freelancers, thaicupid is mostly not freelancers

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

also if TC could sell your info such as emails for cash to companies do you think they would have any qualms about the ethics of it over profit.

TC say they are regulated by Australia and it's illegal to provide email addresses to 3rd parties, maybe so but still could have happened, but they are denying it's them

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

It's probably best to stay away from dating sites and meet women the old fashioned way. Through friends, at work, in a mall, etc. Dating sites are full of scammers and a lot of the "women" are really ladyboys or scammers that will ask for money. I know two guys that got swindled out of thousands of dollars. One told me exactly how much he sent them and the other said he was too embarrassed to say. One found out that the "woman" he was supposedly chatting with was actually a group of people that would work in shifts so one of them was always available when he was logged on.  He found out as at any given time the person he was chatting with had no idea about things he apparently told one of the others. It took him a few weeks (and thousands of dollars) but he figured it out. Unfortunate.

one the other day on thaifriendly, who was of course pretty and we did a video call was probably a scammer, she was working towards a crypto currency scam I'm sure, I didn't stay around to find out

• Like 1