Multiple Songkran Revelers Fall Victim to Bag Thieves in Pattaya

snoop1130

342208977_176843935268369_5623363418769252996_n-696x313.jpg

PHOTO: มุมข่าวพัทยา

Over 18 Songkran revelers filed reports at the Pattaya Police Station saying their bags had been cut open by thieves who subsequently stole their property.

On April 19th, during the celebration of Wan Lai in Pattaya, 18 individuals, including foreigners, filed reports with the Pattaya Police.

They said their bags and backpacks had been cut open by thieves while they were engaging in Wan Lai activities on Beach Road.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/04/20/multiple-songkran-revelers-fall-victim-to-bag-thieves-in-pattaya/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-04-20

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

The victims said they were disappointed with law enforcement officers for being unable to protect their property.

They also urged the police to capture the culprits as soon as possible, saying the incident had ruined Pattaya’s reputation as a safe tourist destination.

1. Normal.

2, Believed the brochure without checking it

• Thanks 2

Come on guys Pattaya is not worse than any other big Thai city I've'. been there 17 times never got robbed or threatened. Having lived in another city in Thailand I have been threatened with a shotgun, being robbed twice, my place being burned down so what that tells you? 

• Sad 2

doesn't matter which country you're in, if you make a potential target of yourself someone will take advantage.

mate came to thailand, went to an atm and put his bank card in his back pocket. it was stolen. i asked him would he do that back home? his answer 'no'.

8 hours ago, still kicking said:

Come on guys Pattaya is not worse than any other big Thai city I've'. been there 17 times never got robbed or threatened. Having lived in another city in Thailand I have been threatened with a shotgun, being robbed twice, my place being burned down so what that tells you? 

You are a trouble maker?

8 hours ago, Joe Farang said:

I was on Beach road for Songkran yesterday. I wore a plastic pouch around my neck, with enough cash for the day and my door key, nothing else. Don't really understand why people need to go around with back packs that have valuables inside.

They don't trust leaving items in their rooms...... or locked in their motorcycle. 

Edited by jacko45k

8 hours ago, Joe Farang said:

I was on Beach road for Songkran yesterday. I wore a plastic pouch around my neck, with enough cash for the day and my door key, nothing else. Don't really understand why people need to go around with back packs that have valuables inside.

Same here, never understood why people walk around with bag packs and what in them that are so important to lug it with them everywhere the go.

11 hours ago, Joe Farang said:

Back packs? I thought they were parachutes. Base jumpers looking for a high spot.