Summer storms forecast until Wednesday in north-east and east

webfact

image.png

Thailand’s Meteorological Department has advised people living in the north-east and east to brace for summer storms from Sunday until Wednesday.

Attributing the storms to a moderate cold front from China colliding with the hot weather in the north, the weatherman says that the east and north-east will be the first to be hit by thunderstorms and strong winds, with hail in some areas. The storms will spread to other areas.

People living in southern provinces should be prepared for rainstorms. Fishermen and sailors in the Gulf of Thailand are advised to exercise extra caution and to avoid stormy areas, where waves are expected to be over two metres high.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/summer-storms-forecast-until-wednesday-in-north-east-and-east/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-04-22

image.png
IMG_0621.jpegIMG_0624.jpegIMG_0625.jpegIMG_0623.jpeg

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 1

Given up bracing for rain, the forecasts are not exactly spot on. Changed my old weather app that was useless to AccuW which advised me yesterday that it was raining and that it would continue for at least 90 minutes in a quite specific area of Chiang mai. It wasn't it didn't.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Given up bracing for rain, the forecasts are not exactly spot on. Changed my old weather app that was useless to AccuW which advised me yesterday that it was raining and that it would continue for at least 90 minutes in a quite specific area of Chiang mai. It wasn't it didn't.

Yesterday had first significant rain for at least a month in Loei but go 25km in either direction they have had it regularly 

42 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Nice job to have, weather forecasting. No-one really expects you to get it right, and when you get it wrong you never get fired because of it.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Nice job to have, weather forecasting. No-one really expects you to get it right, and when you get it wrong you never get fired because of it.

I once read that the weather bureau accuracy is about 60%. But the chance the weather will be the same the next day is 70%. ????

• Haha 1

Had a strong wind, rain and some hail storm on Thursday late evening near Pua in northern Nan province. (Plus a 5.5 hour blackout. Sleeping was sticky.) Then last night starting at midnight we had ninety minutes of lightning/thunder storms roll through with heavy rain for at least thirty minutes. Believe or not but green shoots appearing in the brown and seemingly dead malay grass already. Been the hottest, driest and most air polluted of my five summers here.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s Meteorological Department has advised people living in the north-east and east to brace for summer storms from Sunday until Wednesday.

West of Bangkok dry as a bone and 41C mid afternoon all this week.

Need a cool shower here for sure.

3 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Been promised rain everyday for the past week here in Prakhonchai..Buriram province.  Still waiting!!!!!!!!

Yes me too same same in Prasat . Problem being is that your town and mine do not have weather stations and have to rely on Buriram or Surin weather forecasts . Those towns 40 km away and as we know , the rainy weather is often localised . I have been fishing on a lake and a friend who was 50 meters away was getting soaked by heavy rain and his umbrella sucked up to the sky by a typhoon type wind . All the time I am in the sun with no rain or wind

Weather Advisory

Subject: Summer Storms in upper Thailand

No. 2 (112/2023) 

----------------------------

From 23 to 26 April, another moderate high pressure system from China will cover the Northeast of Thailand and the South China Sea. Meanwhile hot to very hot weather cover the upper country where the southwesterly and the southeasterly winds prevail across. Summer storms will be possible with thunderstorms, gusty winds, isolated hail and lightning strikes, affecting first the Northeast and the eastern East, then the rest. People should beware of the severe weather by keeping off outdoor places, big trees, unsecured buildings and billboards. Farmers should prevent for crops damage. 

In addition, the easterly and the southeasterly winds prevail across the Gulf of Thailand and the Andaman Sea, leading more rain in the South. People should beware of the severe conditions. The waves in the Gulf are about 1 meter high and in the thundershowers more than 2 meters high. All ships should proceed with caution and keep off thundershowers. 

Affected areas are as followings:

On 23 April 2023

Northeast:  Udon Thani, Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Sakon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanom, Mukdahan, Chaiyaphum, Khon Kaen, Kalasin, Maha Sarakham, Roi Et, Yasothon, Amnat Charoen, Buriram, Surin, Sisaket and Ubon Ratchathani.

On 24 April 2023

North:         Nan and Uttaradit.

Northeast:  Loei, Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Sakon Nakhon, Chaiyaphum, Amnat Charoen, 
Nakhon Ratchasima, Sisaket and Ubon Ratchathani.

East:           Prachinburi, Sa Kaeo, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat.

On 25 - 26 April 2023

North:         Chiang Mai, Lamphun, Lampang, Phayao, Nan, Phrae, Uttaradit, Tak, Sukhothai, Kamphaeng Phet, Phichit, Phitsanulok and Phetchabun.

Northeast:  Loei, Nong Bua Lamphu, Udon Thani, Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Sakon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanom, Mukdahan, Chaiyaphum, Khon Kaen, Kalasin, Maha Sarakham, Roi Et, Yasothon, Amnat Charoen, Nakhon Ratchasima, Buriram, Surin, Sisaket and Ubon Ratchathani.

Central:      Nakhon Sawan, Uthai Thani, Chai Nat, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi, Suphan Buri, Lop Buri, Saraburi, Sing Buri, Ang Thong, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Samut Songkhram, 
Samut Sakhon, Nakhon Pathom, including Bangkok and its vicinity.

East:           Nakhon Nayok, Prachinburi, Sa Kaeo, Chachoengsao, Chonburi, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat.

The advisory is in effect on 22 April 2023, at 5.00 p.m.

This next issue will be at 22 March 2023, at 5.00 a.m.

(Signed)   Chomparee Chompurat        

(Miss Chomparee Chompurat)                            

Director-General                         

Thai Meteorological Department

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/22/2023 at 12:46 PM, Thailand said:

Accuweather has been saying it IS Currently Raining in Nong Khai for the PAST 3 Days,It Isn't & It Hasn't been either !!

On 4/22/2023 at 5:02 PM, superal said:

Yes me too same same in Prasat . Problem being is that your town and mine do not have weather stations and have to rely on Buriram or Surin weather forecasts . Those towns 40 km away and as we know , the rainy weather is often localised . I have been fishing on a lake and a friend who was 50 meters away was getting soaked by heavy rain and his umbrella sucked up to the sky by a typhoon type wind . All the time I am in the sun with no rain or wind

I am about 3km east of Prasat and we had some rain about a week ago. For about 30 minutes one day, not too hard but enough to be soaked up quickly. And then just an ever so light sprinkle, so little it was barely noticeable.

The real bad thing is our electric went off for about 3 hours a couple days ago. No AC or fan power really sucks in weather like this. 

I see, looking at the weather site I use, they show a 50% chance of rain in the middle of the night tonight <fingers crossed>

My friends in the USA were posting pics with having nearly a foot of snow a week or so ago. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

I am about 3km east of Prasat and we had some rain about a week ago. For about 30 minutes one day, not too hard but enough to be soaked up quickly. And then just an ever so light sprinkle, so little it was barely noticeable.

The real bad thing is our electric went off for about 3 hours a couple days ago. No AC or fan power really sucks in weather like this. 

I see, looking at the weather site I use, they show a 50% chance of rain in the middle of the night tonight <fingers crossed>

My friends in the USA were posting pics with having nearly a foot of snow a week or so ago. 

Indeed there was some light rain in the night but no trace of it in the morning . Power cuts are a bummer and occur quite often and always at an inconvenient time . When the cuts are prolonged , I get in the car for a run around with the air-con working . How some folk live without air-con up here in Issan is mind boggling . Yesterday my lady told me that within the next 3 or 4 weeks the temperature may hit 50 c in parts of Thailand ,   according to some Thai news channel . Roll on the real rainy season when I sit outside in the early evening with an ice cold beer watching the lightning and storms. .

ps , We have probably met at sometime as you are very close to me .