How to get rid of soi dogs the legal way

moogradod

21 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well, I suspect the dogs do not own it either.

I deterred the dogs that were using the front of my home as a toilet too..

If they use the front of your home as a toilet, that is not acceptable and you have a right to deter them. 
We haven’t heard that they have done any such thing from the OP. Their mere existence irks him. 

Not to put too fine a point on it, but has anyone noticed the correlation between people’s aversion to dogs and their general nature? 
There are some genuinely hysterical, bordering on abusive, posts from the people who appear to have an aversion to dogs. Calm down, before you give yourselves a heart attack. Live in harmony with nature and you won’t be quite so anxious and angry. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NextG said:

Not to put too fine a point on it, but has anyone noticed the correlation between people’s aversion to dogs and their general nature? 
There are some genuinely hysterical, bordering on abusive, posts from the people who appear to have an aversion to dogs. Calm down, before you give yourselves a heart attack. Live in harmony with nature and you won’t be quite so anxious and angry. 

The topic is about soi dogs, not domestic dogs

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, proton said:

Get it right- soi dog hating, some things should be hated, millions of noisy, stinking diseased mutts cluttering up the streets and shop doorways is one of them. Frightened to defend them? up to you.

Thanks for writing, but still not interested in anything you have to say on the subject. So won’t be reading..

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, proton said:

The topic is about soi dogs, not domestic dogs

Short enough for me to read unintentionally. 
The responses from the people to whom I refer, including yourself, border on pathological. I’ve made my point. No need for me to elaborate further. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NextG said:

Short enough for me to read unintentionally. 
The responses from the people to whom I refer, including yourself, border on pathological. I’ve made my point. No need for me to elaborate further. 

Not interested in justifying stray dogs then, but rather vilify posters who think they are pests that should be dealt with properly.

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, NextG said:

Thanks for writing, but still not interested in anything you have to say on the subject. So won’t be reading..

Why be on a forum only to read opinions you agree with, what are you afraid of?

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, proton said:

Get it right- soi dog hating, some things should be hated, millions of noisy, stinking diseased mutts cluttering up the streets and shop doorways is one of them. Frightened to defend them? up to you.

Hating the dogs for doing what? Trying to survive? It is a crises created by humans without understanding or power to handle a situation out of control. 

It is a politician problem, even a  bright 5 year old understand this is a cause of human ignorance, lack of resources and willingness to deal with in proper manner. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Hating the dogs for doing what? Trying to survive? It is a crises created by humans without understanding or power to handle a situation out of control. 

It is a politician problem, even a  bright 5 year old understand this is a cause of human ignorance, lack of resources and willingness to deal with in proper manner. 

For barking at all hours, crapping in the street, running after cars and bikes, peeing up your tires causing a traffic hazard, being a disease risk and sometimes attacking people. But it's worth hating the idiots as well who feed them so they can carry on and breed more. it's a religious and a book problem. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, proton said:

For barking at all hours, crapping in the street, running after cars and bikes, peeing up your tires causing a traffic hazard, being a disease risk and sometimes attacking people. But it's worth hating the idiots as well who feed them so they can carry on and breed more. it's a religious and a book problem. 

You have a serious problem when you exaggerate as bad as you do, and on top of it manage to hate something that is 100% innocent. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It seems me that soi dogs are only a problem in towns/cities where the residents are transient and have not formed a local community. From my observations the locals will band together and move them on. 

That being said the dogs are simply living where they were born. Not their fault. 

Legal? Contact the local Amphur office or talk to the local village headman.

Edited by VocalNeal

there is no legal way, just cut their dkkk off or kill them no other easy way as they will come back....

was bitten there (Ao Nang) 2 years ago, police removed or has been trying to remove them, take 5-6 away and 10 new ones arrive, was there last month and same old same old..... 2 years ago while posting I had the "smart" idea of saying they should be killed but some "keyboard warriors" here got into arguments and insults, too many bad things happening, TAT (if concerned about tourists)  should be concerned

Stray dogs intimidate foreign tourists at Krabi’s Ao Nang Beach

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, NextG said:

As I alluded to earlier… these are not ‘normal’ reactions. Multiple over-excited posts. Way over the top. Perhaps time for a talk with a professional. 

Quite normal to point out why soi dogs are pests, but instead of explaining why you think they are not a problem you attempt to turn the discussion into a personal one, which has nothing to do with the topic. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, proton said:

Quite normal to point out why soi dogs are pests, but instead of explaining why you think they are not a problem you attempt to turn the discussion into a personal one, which has nothing to do with the topic. 

This isn’t normal…

15 minutes ago, proton said:

Millions of soi dogs is not normal

Neither is your obsession with them. They don’t concern me at all. But you seem to have a pathological obsession with them. It’s going to hurt you ultimately. 

36 minutes ago, NextG said:

Neither is your obsession with them. They don’t concern me at all. But you seem to have a pathological obsession with them. It’s going to hurt you ultimately. 

Finding millions of filthy soi dogs unacceptable is not an obsession. You are just trying to personalise the issue by continually making personal remarks which have nothing to do with getting rid of soi dogs. Have you actually any ideas on how to go about it?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, proton said:

Finding millions of filthy soi dogs unacceptable is not an obsession. You are just trying to personalise the issue by continually making personal remarks which have nothing to do with getting rid of soi dogs. Have you actually any ideas on how to go about it?

You do know that you are coming over like a stalker/Troll, don’t you? I’m clearly not interested in reading your posts nor engaging in any way with you, but you still persist. You obviously have a bit of a ‘problem’….as I alluded to earlier. I haven’t put you on ignore yet… out of pity. Please stop embarrassing yourself. 

• Confused 1

On 4/24/2023 at 8:10 PM, moogradod said:

Thank you. Maybe you are right and I will try the idea with the sonic device.

If you can't get the local Auth to pick them up then Pepper spray them once then pepper  spray the ground and vegetation around front of your house

• Like 1

On 4/24/2023 at 7:12 PM, moogradod said:

Who is talking about 2 ? There are at least 5. Just now. But they multiply. A burglar alarm while we are at home is not needed. And who cares if they would (they even would not I suspect) bark if someone tries to enter our home while we are away ?

If they would belong to someone in the soi, why would they not stay there. Not one is wearing any identification either. Som nam na.

We live on the edge of our small village and have " acquired" a dog in addition to our own. Undoubtedly he came from another home where presumably the owners simply lost interest and don't care. He started by visiting at meal times for our own dogs and gradually staying longer and longer as we didn't drive him away. Fortunately he is very good natured and very placid here, never fights with ours although often has wounds from fighting with others in the village and after a timid start now greets me when I get out of the car, responds to the name I gave him " Big Guy" and allows me to stroke his head whilst we make direct eye contact.

Changing tack a little, I was amazed when a few weeks ago a veterinary team turned up and said they were attempting to neuter all the bitches in the area with owners ( if found) consent and this was a free service sponsored by our village. I leapt at the offer as we now have 5 bitches from a dumped and abandoned litter of 6 pups that my wife perhaps unfortunately successfully nurtured. They'd already been on heat once which was an utter nightmare I never want to experience again. Nana Plaza came to mind. But our persistent and many visitors during this time paid nothing for sexual servicing. Capturing our bitches for this neutering was not so funny either as the Thais thought frantically running after them shouting and waving their arms was the way. I appealed for calm and quiet and one assistant. One by one each animal let me approach and get a hold whilst the assistant fitted a muzzle and gave a tranquilliser injection. Even so one escaped again drunkenly running off until collapsing in a panting heap in the adjacent field. By the time all were captured I too collapsed in a heap. All were returned comatose and with a neatly stitched belly wound. All are fine. So am I now!

• Like 1