How to get rid of soi dogs the legal way

moogradod

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

Totally nuts. 

Nobody with half a  brain wants stray dogs wandering around outside there house.

It's just not in the realm of normal thinking. 

Your love for these  stray dogs borders on insanity. 

You are new in Thailand aren't you? 

If dogs sleeping outside your gate upsets you so much, you are going to give yourself a nervous breakdown here, because, believe me, this will be the very least of things which will bother you. 

I don't feed or pet stray dogs.  I don't love them... I don't really like them at all. But for the life of me I find it pathetic for a grown man to be so upset and botherd by a couple of dogs only sleeping outside his gate......

and, BTW this is technically a 3rd world country, so you are living in one. 

Surosied you aren't getting bothered my roosters crowing, cows mooing, noise of people of scooters or parties, or birds calling. 

If you live in a Thai village you have to learn to put up with stray dogs and much more, or you will not fit in here and you will get yourself a bad name, and also be very unhappy and frustrated with how things work here. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Why is it disturbing to you that 2 dogs are sleeping outside your gate? 

They probably belong to someone in your road / street / village.

Unless they are barking and howling all night keeping you awake, why not let sleeping dogs lie? 

They could be an advantage to you. They will bark and alert you to potential  burgers.  They will deter people from trespassing, and they will drive off cats, other dogs and even snakes. 

Yes. It's a double edged sword.

Until one of the dogs attacks a child.

They are soi dogs.

Vermin.????????

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dante99 said:

I think it is a very poor inconsiderate idea because it would clearly negatively affect other animals who are not causing any problems.  If my neighbor put such a device in I would take action to get it shut down or removed promptly.  

if it gets rid of the soi dogs then that's good.   They are pests and can be dangerous to kids and elderly.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

They could be an advantage to you. They will bark and alert you to potential  burgers. 

Make your mind up....... now they are disturbing him!

Yes they will bark at other dogs!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Most Thais just throw rocks or coconuts at the soi dogs. 

Best just let the lethal project fly and worry about legal  (won't be any)  repercussions later. 

You might tell your neighbors first just in case it's there stray dog so there forewarned.  

There was a Thai girl in Beach road a few years ago who kicked a stray dog ,

a very big  muscular New Zealander expat saw this and .. "sorted her out" ......so I wouldn't be doing that in Pattaya ,

I'm not sure if he is still around but he apparently every night feeds the homeless dogs ...he is very big tattooed bikie guy who used to get big donations on Facebook 

Edited by georgegeorgia

18 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

a very big  muscular New Zealander expat saw this and .. "sorted her out" ......so I wouldn't be doing that in Pattaya ,

I'm not sure if he is still around but he apparently every night feeds the homeless dogs ...he is very big tattooed bikie guy who used to get big donations on Facebook 

If it is the guy who claimed the police took his gold from his condo he has gone from here. 

9 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Just throw some rocks at them. 

It's some soi dogs,  not the queen of England. 

They'll move on to deficate, spread ticks, and perhaps bite someone else down the road.

Unfortunately Thailand has a major problem with stray dogs.  

Absolutely disgraceful way to treat an animal. Suggesting throwing rocks at some lovely doggies. Why don’t you set up a K9 Extermination company ? 

My MO for any dog I don’t want around is to coax it onto my Sidecar ‘Saleng’ with a chicken carcass. Then once secured drive about and an hour away leave it there to start a new life with new friends and family. I had to do that with Mama one of our females that killed one of her own daughters newborn pups out of jealousy after the day before attacking one of the others that I had petted a little too  much for her liking. She’s never made it back here. Females are brutal. I will take next doors dog for a holiday one day to BeungKan ???? 

If it is not a large area, you can lay down some chilli/pepper powder (or other irritant) to move the dogs along. Similarly you can get various dog repellant sprays from larger stores that might work. The sonic alarms are not permantly on, but they usually seem to work (e.g. point and click at the dog within about 10 meters). If you do this often enough the dogs will move on.

The above will not work if somebody is feeding or watering the dogs at that location. But if there is no rubbish and waste food scraps lying around that would seem unlikely.

13 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

i used to huck water balloons at the ones outside my place....and screamed happy songkran!   ka-blam!!! SPLASH!!!!!!!!!  chok dee!!!

You've just hit upon the best and most humane way to get them to move on. Spray them with a garden hose. It won't take long before they find another place to hang out and sleep. If no hose, a bucket of water will do the trick.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Local Amphur office.

In CM they come right round in a pickup and remove the dogs forever.

You must have a very good soi dog disposal unit .

Amphur here doesn't give a toss.????????

Edited by Lucky Bones

9 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

He needs sorting out. 

Pattaya has been trying to clear up the soi dog problem. 

He's probably been sorted out by nearby businesses that realize stray dogs are bad for business and dangerous. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2