Mysterious death: Australian tourist found dead in police station cell

webfact

4 hours ago, PeeJayEm said:

There is no difference between a belt and a cord in his pants when it come to this sort of calamity.  Whichever,  it should have been taken off him at entry to custody. - Standard good procedure everywhere.

Why flame someone on such a detailed irrelevancy?

That's a speciality of that particular poster unfortunately, ime.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Shocking !

Why wasn't his belt taken from him ?

Why wasn't he watched ?

Neglect of care !

Why wasn't he given the care and attention 

I hope the family Sue over this

It's the same with Bali,  Aussie kids head there on their end of  school vacations to party and most times are neglected by the authorities who are supposed to take care of them 

Where were you in his hour of need you have plenty of spare time on your hand,s

1 hour ago, AustinRacing said:

If the poor kid really hanged himself, could it be due to something like yaba that is supposed to to play havoc with the mind?Only if he was allowed to sober up maybe this would’ve not happened. 

Maybe don't do drugs. Don't do crazy things overseas. Maybe stop blaming others. 29yo is an adult for 11 years.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

I've never had any problems accessing CCTV footage anywhere. Maybe they just didn't like you. 

no doubt about that..is why they messed with my bike to begin with.....

is like the friend that takes your wallet then helps you look for it.....

i was just trying to call them out on it as they played possum

17 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Shocking !

Why wasn't he watched ?

Neglect of care !

It's the same with Bali,  Aussie kids head there on their end of  school vacations to party and most times are neglected by the authorities who are supposed to take care of them 

I hardly think the "authorities" anywhere are expected to provide a welfare service for every drunken holidaymaker,  the police however do thoeretically have some responsibility for those who have been arrested and are in custody. Regardless of that there are numerous stories of people mysteriously dying whilst in police custody here, some of whom were of the of the highest social status and I believe at least one of which was alleged to have fallen from an upstairs window! So it's not surprising that drunken young tourists have "accidents" too if they step out of line and unlikely that any police will be having any difficulty sleeping tonight.

I have no idea what exactly was captured on CCTV  but there seems to be a bit of vagueness surrounding that to say the least, 

If the guy was totally out of it and aggressive it's a possibility that he might have landed a few punches himself, if he had got lucky and sparked out a senior officer in front of his subordinates, the loss of face could well lead to severe, "extrajudicial," consequences and I'm certain the sort of police who would resort to such tactics are well versed in covering their tracks

The last I heard, in the UK there were about 800 police officers currently under investigation, many for serious sexual assaults and that was just in the Metropolitan police force.

We have to remember where we are, and the fact of the matter is, that the police here operate under completely different rules to those in western countries, those who can't accept that should stay away.  it's  well known  that there are more than a few really  "bad apples" out there  Rightly or wrongly that's how it is,

There is no independent police complaints commision and no legal aid funded human rights lawyers to take care of things, and nobody in authority  here really cares at all

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Love It 1

14 minutes ago, 3STTW said:

All this duty of care nonsense makes me puke, it's not like Thailand is hiding the fact that drug offenses carry significant penalties. Just like that Brit loon who set fire to a hotel last week - what are they expecting - free and benevolent counseling for their imploding mental health?

I was at a restaurant last year and some chick had a complete meltdown because she found a prawn in her pad thai. Once she realized nobody gave a sh!t, she had to escalate the issue by breaking a few plant pots etc. Meanwhile, the boyfriend, replete with his nativity-play beard, was filming the whole episode on his phone.

I know, boomers are to blame. They're responsible for raising a generation of narcissistic, entitled idiots. Yet the notion that the Thai police should pander to their tantrums and soothe them with a nice warm cocoa is, frankly, absurd.

Could not agree more, and I loved your description of the guy..  "nativity play beard"  lol I know just the sort of tw@t  you mean, Not sure we can put all the blame on the boomers though, many of these snowflakes develop their self entitled "woke" narcissistic personalities at the lower end "universities" whilst studying for their useless degrees.

I find it quite refreshing that Thailand has not yet sunk in a quagmire of human rights and wokery, something that those coming here need to bear in mind.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs it is what it is

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bignok said:

Maybe don't do drugs. Don't do crazy things overseas. Maybe stop blaming others. 29yo is an adult for 11 years.

I think you have difficulty comprehending the feedback people provide. I put it in the form of a question. No blame. Take a chill pill. 

21 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Shocking !

Why wasn't he watched ?

Neglect of care !

Deaths can sometimes be mysterious.

Sue who?

Unlucky.????????

11 hours ago, Purdey said:

Sounds like a case for a serious investigation by someone who has a lot of experience in mysterious deaths in gaol. (Not Joe Ferrari). 

If the postmortem reveals bruising, damaged internal organs, will that be made public?

Poor family back home. No one deserves this. 

After reading a report about this in the Australian media, I can't accept he committed suicide. He came to Thailand to get more tattoos. Had a good looking girlfriend in a good relationship back at home. He seemed to be a healthy, upbeat guy with lots of energy.

I'm starting to think he was getting very boisterous at 11:30 am (as you would expect a young Australian to be in a small holding cell at the cop station after 5 hours) when his guard went for lunch and the police touched him up, accidentally killing him, and strung him up to cover it up. He probably insulted the police who couldn't resist getting stuck into him.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

A young man who was off-his-head intoxicated, you left that rather important part out.

Off his head was not written in the article and I never saw where there had been a test made while alive  on the deceased regarding being intoxicated .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JensenZ said:

After reading a report about this in the Australian media, I can't accept he committed suicide. He came to Thailand to get more tattoos. Had a good looking girlfriend in a good relationship back at home. He seemed to be a healthy, upbeat guy with lots of energy.

I'm starting to think he was getting very boisterous at 11:30 am (as you would expect a young Australian to be in a small holding cell at the cop station after 5 hours) when his guard went for lunch and the police touched him up, accidentally killing him, and strung him up to cover it up. He probably insulted the police who couldn't resist getting stuck into him.

You should write novels.

• Haha 1

On 4/25/2023 at 8:49 AM, webfact said:

The 29-year-old was discovered hanging from a rope, with no signs of assault.

If his hands weren't tied behind his back as I have read of others in the past, then it could be possible that he hung himself.

Must have been a long rope for his belt, did anyone look for any plastic bags in his cell.

RIP way to young to go.

On 4/24/2023 at 3:56 PM, georgegeorgia said:

Shocking !

Why wasn't he watched ?

Neglect of care !

This better be sarcasm 

23 hours ago, steven100 said:

Well you seemed to have missed the point about monitoring CCTV 24/7 .......  the idea of having CCTV in cells is to prevent things like this happening ......       it's not like your netflix so you can watch it later.  

you think it only records if someone is watching?