Is slippery bathroom tile mandated by law?

7 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Certainly got me beat,but that's not hard as I'm pretty thick myself, but cleverer than a lot of those who claim to be. At least I don't have a slippery bathroom floor, you should think about that and maybe praise me for my out of character demonstration of common sense

Could you please correct your grammar so I may understand what you are trying to convey?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ThaiFelix said:

Schools here are notorious for deadly foyer floors seemingly designed to flatten kids running in out of the rain.    But the important thing is they look real good for the parents.

They don't shower there though.....????

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, DudleySquat said:

His entire paragraph made no sense to me. 

I dumbed it down to help you!  I even wrote it slowly so you didn't have to read it too fast, looks like I didn't go far enough,   Never mind I'm off for a shower now  you should take one too,   If you dare

If you are unable to retile your bathroom floor why not fit some grab handles to hold on to, either that or nail a pair of speedos to the wall and simply slip into them

This whole thread brings to mind Michael Crawford in the 70's sit com "some mothers do have 'em" where he played an inept DIY enthusiast. He was renowned for doing his own dangerous stunts but I think even he would give showering in your house a miss after filling in a risk assessment.

Sounds more dangerous than the shallow end of Michael Barrymore's swimming pool 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I dumbed it down to help you!  I even wrote it slowly so you didn't have to read it too fast, looks like I didn't go far enough,   Never mind I'm off for a shower now  you should take one too,   If you dare

If you are unable to retile your bathroom floor why not fit some grab handles to hold on to, either that or nail a pair of speedos to the wall and simply slip into them

This whole thread brings to mind Michael Crawford in the 70's sit com "some mothers do have 'em" where he played an inept DIY enthusiast. He was renowned for doing his own dangerous stunts but I think even he would give showering in your house a miss after filling in a risk assessment.

Sounds more dangerous than the shallow end of Michael Barrymore's swimming pool 

I could do with much less rambling. 

12 minutes ago, DudleySquat said:

Slippery tile is the topic. 

And specifically (from the OP)     "is there one idiot that we can point to who shoulder's the blame for choosing slippery tile for bathrooms? "  in your own home    lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

And specifically (from the OP)     "is there one idiot that we can point to who shoulder's the blame for choosing slippery tile for bathrooms? "  in your own home    lol

I debated about whether I should help you.  Frankly, I think any help sent your way is wasted. 

You, Sir, are a one-hit-wonder.  You only have one answer.  It's boring. 

I understand that thought might be something new. Too bad. 

Change your answer.  I rent.  I wonder why you couldn't figure this out.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, DudleySquat said:

I see the problem clearly.  A whole bunch of "me too" trolls want everyone to disbelieve what they know to be true because you a foreigner chose your tile. 

My condo was built prior to taking control.  

I'm not writing about foreign builds. 

lol doesn't look like you have taken control of very much mr Newbie not even your bathroom floor, I repeat my advice give up trolling and insulting people, we have all been at it a lot longer than you

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

A shower or bathroom floor will of course get a bit slippery with water and soap on it, but the question is more why can't you adjust your balance and movement so it's not an issue? 

I am 78 and in both shower rooms the tiles ARE non slip. Also I can hold on to either the sink or a 200 litre blue plastic water barrel (it weighs about 200 kg when full) to keep my balance.

I also walk slowly heel first and then toe before I put any weight on my leg for walking.

• Thumbs Up 1

My partner and I have lived in at least a dozen different condo projects in Pattaya, plus 1 in Rayong and 2 in Bangkok.  We've never had a problem with slippery bath tile.   Had there been slippery tile, we just would have put down a bath mat made for that purpose--problem easily solved.   Would that everything was that simple.  

• Like 1