Girlfriend of Australian tourist found dead in Thai police custody suspects foul play

webfact

45 minutes ago, d4dang said:

they got tired of his drunken antics and disciplined him and it went too far and was probably an accident.....suicide would be the best explanation for the police.

another hypothetical with no evidence whatsoever....

On 4/26/2023 at 1:57 PM, Bday Prang said:

"Normal" people do not just get drunk and become suicidal, generally speaking

.........or smother their face in tattoos. I got the impression from reading this and from the way it read & from what she said that a) she was his estranged g/f anyway b) she is looking for an angle to get some compo (yes, cynical I know but sadly people these days are always looking for compo/easy money)

Edited by Jackbenimble

2 hours ago, DavisH said:

Do you honestly think there will be no autopsy done,

Yes as I keep telling people ALL dead FALANG have an autopsy by the Police Forensic Dept. in BKK. I feel like a broken record. The embassies want it. :post-4641-1156694572:

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, RickyJB said:

Race baiting? What planet are you on?  Are you some typical lefty that likes to throw in one of your favourite buzz words every comment? Are we also fascists and xenophobes too?  In my opinion, in this incident the only people i could think of being racist are the police, believe me, the cops here hate foreigners. 

That's a right load of tosh, just because they don't like you or your attitude, doesn't mean the same for the rest of us................:ermm:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stevey said:

20 years in the police is nothing to brag about, do you still proudly inform  people if asked that you were/are in the mob ?  The disgraceful way all police have acted, all disguised with masks, will never be forgotten by the people , except the Thai police who simply took a backseat for 2 years. 

Reads like a jailbird member..................????

On 4/26/2023 at 1:09 PM, aldriglikvid said:

Not entirely uncommon that very drunk people, left unattended, die in custody (suffocation etc.). Perhaps something similar happened here, and BiB thought it would be better if it was a suicide? ????

Could have a point, if he chocked on his own vomit, this nonsense about going to buy food and leaving the station unattended sound's ominous.

Edited by Jiggo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Jiggo said:

Could have a point, if he chocked on his own vomit, this nonsense about going to buy food and leaving the station unattended sound's ominous.

The sarg must eat, ya know......................:ermm:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

He could have mouthed off and they killed him.

Maybe he made them lose face?

Possibly it was over money, as it so often is in Thailand?

We will likely never know the truth, and that's the way the Thais like it. 

What absolute nonsense, all of it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Yes as I keep telling people ALL dead FALANG have an autopsy by the Police Forensic Dept. in BKK. I feel like a broken record. The embassies want it. :post-4641-1156694572:

In my experience that is not always the case. I had a close friend from belgium who died last year from prostate cancer. he died in his house, he was cremated 3 days later in his local temple, I can assure you his body went straight from his house to the temple and no autopsy was carried out

Another close friend, this time from Germany died around 5 years ago from a brain tumour, again he died at home and went directly to the temple, however his cremation was interrupted literally at the last minute, they were actually carrying him up the steps to the oven when a police pick up pulled into the temple grounds, one of the officers after a respectful wai, halted the proceedings, the coffin lid was removed, and they took his fingerprints then they all waid again and drove off, it was a little surreall to say the least. but again definitely no autopsy

Neither of those guys died in  what could be considered suspicious circumstances, that is probably why no autopsy was required

A bit off topic but there was another guy I knew well who was killed on his motorcycle, not sure if they autopsied him or not but I'm pretty sure he was not taken to Bangkok, however there was some problem with paperwork and his next of kin in Germany were difficult to find, causing him to be kept in the mortuary for about two weeks. His funeral was proceeding normally until it was time to put him in the oven, then one of the funeral officials noticed he was still frozen solid , and as such would have been impossible to burn, the solution was to leave him in his coffin at the oven doors  overnight, and we were told to return  at am 8 the next morning if anybody wanted to say a last goodbye, I didn't bother going the next day but those who did were a bit disappointed as they had already fired him up at 6am

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brianthainess said:

The two I knew well, one English and one Australian, definitely did not have an autopsy, I was involved with both families through the process up to cremation.

Both had been undergoing cancer treatment, neither of them died in a hospital. 

Perhaps their medical records were sufficient to confirm cause of death;  there was certainly no autopsy in either death.

The Australian Embassy site states:

If the death occurs outside of hospital or by accident, the police officer in charge will conduct any necessary investigations and may request an autopsy to determine the cause of death.

Edited by gomangosteen
  • Like 1

Drunk and feel the need for attention , just his own fouls,  

when someone dye in a police cell people always think it’s no his foult.
just a drunk fool who like to kick ass during holiday…

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, d4dang said:

they got tired of his drunken antics and disciplined him and it went too far and was probably an accident.....suicide would be the best explanation for the police.

Definitely something along those lines. As I said before we will never know the whole truth and that's par for the course here. 

20 hours ago, DavisH said:

Do you honestly think there will be no autopsy done, either here or in Australia? A severe beating will be evident. Or was he "made" to hang himself? Let's just wait to see is there is any actual cctv footage. And where were his mates? Stoned in some bar somewhere? This guy was just looking for trouble and he found it. Tourists should really learn to fly under the radar like the rest of us. 

Who said he was beaten?

The Police perform most of their own autopsies, and if there was a third-party involved, do you really think they are going to go against what the Police want?

No, they are going to collude.

What are the odds that there will be a swift 'cremation' and the body is never returned to Australia? It's happened before. 

Some of you really need to waken up to the way this place really works. 

As to those saying British Police don't remove shoelaces, belts etc when you are in the cells that is nonsense they always do for whatever reason you are there, and in the absence of cctv they check on you every 30 minutes.

11 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

The two I knew well, one English and one Australian, definitely did not have an autopsy, I was involved with both families through the process up to cremation.

Both had been undergoing cancer treatment, neither of them died in a hospital. 

Perhaps their medical records were sufficient to confirm cause of death;  there was certainly no autopsy in either death.

The Australian Embassy site states:

If the death occurs outside of hospital or by accident, the police officer in charge will conduct any necessary investigations and may request an autopsy to determine the cause of death.

Correct, I recall this discussion coming up several times before. 

Hence, quick cremations at the wat and no autopsy to reveal any foul play. 

On 4/26/2023 at 3:26 PM, cncltd1973 said:

must have tried the new drugs here, and couldn't hang on

He looks quite muscular and works in a "Bong shop" and has friends who also like tattoos, and sad to say, many guys who hang around places like that are into experimenting with drugs and steroids, and mixed with alcohol, sometimes can cause mental instability.

Just saying.............

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/26/2023 at 8:57 AM, MrJ2U said:

I think he shouldn’t have been left alone in the state he was in

You are obviously the epitome of goodness and never been arrested. Police are not there to babysit everyone brought into custody which is why shoe laces, belts etc are removed so that people can not harm themselves,  custodians are checked on, maybe on an hourly basis.

He was placed into a detention cell to calm down  according to reports indicating that he had already upset a few people 

Bad things can happen in the spur of the moment when you upset people, both in custody or not in custody, especially in Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Dene16 said:

You are obviously the epitome of goodness....

Thanks, but.......

10 hours ago, Dene16 said:

I think he shouldn’t have been left alone in the state he was in

That wasn't my quote. 

That was from the girlfriend In the article.