Man is heartbroken after boyfriend steals over 200,000 baht of gold accessories

snoop1130

On 4/27/2023 at 5:16 PM, spidermike007 said:

It takes a long time to get to know someone. 6 months and you have barely scratched the surface. Best to continue being cautious, and guarding your valuables. I have a friend who let himself get taken for his life savings of over $250,000 in gold. He gave her the combination to his safe. Why, one would ask? 

I gave my wife the combination to the safe.  For some reason, she still asks me to open it!

13 hours ago, radiochaser said:

I gave my wife the combination to the safe.  For some reason, she still asks me to open it!

I did too. Some of us are fortunate to be living with someone we actually trust. In my case she proved her worthiness of that trust a long time ago. It should not be freely given. Trust, like respect, has to be earned. 

On 5/1/2023 at 10:57 AM, spidermike007 said:

I did too. Some of us are fortunate to be living with someone we actually trust. In my case she proved her worthiness of that trust a long time ago. It should not be freely given. Trust, like respect, has to be earned. 

I also loaned my wife $120,000.00 to start a restaurant.  She insisted that I draw up a loan contract.  Contract stated that two years after she received the loan, she was to start payments of $1000.00 a month until the loan was paid off.  

Instead of waiting two years to start the $1000.00 a month payments, she started making payments one year later.   At the end of two years I gave her a "Paid In Full" receipt for the $120,000.00 loan.   She paid every penny of the loan back!

That isn't what Thai people do, according to once Thai Visa and currently Asian Now, comments about Thai people.   

Now, would I loan my sister, an American woman, money?   No!  Not her or the American guy that used to be my best friend.   They took the loaned money and never made a penny of payment!

There is a friend of my Thai wife's family, that is trusted to handle family money.   Wife gave her $20,000.00 to deposit into a family bank account, for some reason there was extra money deposited with the 20k.   Seems that I left over $500.00 at the apartment, laying on the dining table.   She deposited that with the with the money my wife gave her!

It must not be Thai's that are untrustworthy.  It must be the people that you know who are or are not trustworthy!

Edited by radiochaser

27 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

I also loaned my wife $120,000.00 to start a restaurant.  She insisted that I draw up a loan contract.  Contract stated that two years after she received the loan, she was to start payments of $1000.00 a month until the loan was paid off.  

Instead of waiting two years to start the $1000.00 a month payments, she started making payments one year later.   At the end of two years I gave her a "Paid In Full" receipt for the $120,000.00 loan.   She paid every penny of the loan back!

Sorry I don't understand your maths,  did you loan her $12,000 or did she pay the loan back at $10,000 pm? 

In August 2021 I loaned my GF 1Million Baht to buy some land & told her she can pay me back at 10k pm (+ I knock off 20K as 1/2 of her Xmas/Birthday presents so she's paying it back at 160K pa), I didn't feel like a loan contract was needed as we'd been together for 2/1 years already & besides, if she ran away with the money it would save me a fortune in the long run!

3 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Sorry I don't understand your maths,  did you loan her $12,000 or did she pay the loan back at $10,000 pm? 

In August 2021 I loaned my GF 1Million Baht to buy some land & told her she can pay me back at 10k pm (+ I knock off 20K as 1/2 of her Xmas/Birthday presents so she's paying it back at 160K pa), I didn't feel like a loan contract was needed as we'd been together for 2/1 years already & besides, if she ran away with the money it would save me a fortune in the long run!

It was as I wrote it. 

Edited by radiochaser
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

So you loaned your wife $120,000, after 1 year she started paying you back at a rate of $1,000 pm & after the 2nd year she had paid it off in full ????

Silly me, never knew that 12 months x $1,000 = $120,000

Silly you indeed, he didn't say that her actual repayments were $1000pm, that was just the original agreement's amount.  She apparently paid more monthly and paid it off sooner.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Silly you indeed, he didn't say that her actual repayments were $1000pm, that was just the original agreement's amount.  She apparently paid more monthly and paid it off sooner.

And that's why I asked if he'd made a typo & lent her $12,000 OR if she'd paid it back at $10,000 pm.

Not that it's any of my business so will leave it at that ????  

2 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:
14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

And that's why I asked if he'd made a typo & lent her $12,000 OR if she'd paid it back at $10,000 pm.

There was no typo, it was as he described it, she paid it off early. 

13 hours ago, radiochaser said:

That isn't what Thai people do, according to once Thai Visa and currently Asian Now, comments about Thai people.   

Now, would I loan my sister, an American woman, money?   No!  Not her or the American guy that used to be my best friend.   They took the loaned money and never made a penny of payment!

There is a friend of my Thai wife's family, that is trusted to handle family money.   Wife gave her $20,000.00 to deposit into a family bank account, for some reason there was extra money deposited with the 20k.   Seems that I left over $500.00 at the apartment, laying on the dining table.   She deposited that with the with the money my wife gave her!

It must not be Thai's that are untrustworthy.  It must be the people that you know who are or are not trustworthy!

It depends on the person. My Thai wife comes from a very good family. Solid, hard working, honest folks. Have lent money her sister, brother and folks money, over the years. Always been paid back. Not always on time, but always paid in full. Honest is honest. A crook is a crook, no matter the nationality. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/4/2023 at 11:07 AM, spidermike007 said:

It depends on the person. My Thai wife comes from a very good family. Solid, hard working, honest folks. Have lent money her sister, brother and folks money, over the years. Always been paid back. Not always on time, but always paid in full. Honest is honest. A crook is a crook, no matter the nationality. 

Now wait a minute bub...    my sister is not a crook!   She is a pain in the butt sometimes though!

• Haha 1