Free circumcision program for young Muslim in Pattaya a cut above the rest

snoop1130

45 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You're wrong. There was nothing religious about it for the vast majority. I don't know about American Muslims but even among American Jews the medical procedure is often done in a hospital rather than a bris ceremony.

Currently I think it's about 50 50 as the medical establishment has taken a more neutral stance on the topic.

Sorry you are wrong here. I don't wish to be argumentative.  If you do some research into the culture of circumcision in America....which is also linked to the quaker breakfast cereal stuff, you will see it was Christian values and agenda, which was also disguised as a health thing to mask why they were really wanting boys be to cut. 

Edited by jak2002003
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, bignok said:

Less risk of several diseases and cancers. Better hygiene. Women prefer it.

How many times do I need to repeat the facts to you?

It's not a fact. Only women from countries where men are usually cut 'prefer it' just because that is what they are used to. 

Ask the average European women if she prefers men intact or not and you will get a very different answer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bignok said:

So true, women do like the cut. I have asked many women if they enjoy a useless piece of skin hanging over the Schwartz and they said no, it just gets in the way.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Interesting the voracity surrounding this topic.

Mine was done as an infant, and I'm happy for that. Anyone who argues I experience less sexual pleasure might as well argue men experience less sexual pleasure than women. There is no contrafactual way to know this. If you enjoy the act, then all is well with however one is hung.

Mine, as it is, has been very good to me. Perhaps it's a natural bias, but I much prefer the appearance I happen to have. Easy to maintain, too. To each his own.

Readers might want to Google HIV and circumcision, as medical and health entities such as the US CDC and NIH, the WHO, and others report that circumcised males are far less likely to contract HIV and other STDs.

Here's a quote from a Year 2000 article that appeared in the British Medical Journal:

"compelling epidemiological evidence from over 40 studies which shows that male circumcision provides significant protection against HIV infection; circumcised males are two to eight times less likely to become infected with HIV."

And one more quote from the Cleveland Clinic*:

What are the benefits of circumcision?

Circumcision has several benefits. Not only does it help aspects of penis health, but it can improve hygiene. That’s because a circumcised penis is simpler to clean and wash, especially for children.

The specific health benefits of circumcision include a lower risk of:

• Certain penis conditions: · These penile disorders include balanoposthitis (inflammation of the glans and foreskin), paraphimosis and phimosis, when the foreskin gets stuck out of place.
  • Cervical cancer for partners: Female sex partners of circumcised men are less likely to get cervical cancer.
  • Penile cancer: Men who had circumcisions are less likely to get cancer of the penis.
  • Sexually transmitted infections: Men who had circumcision have a lower risk of certain STIs, including HIV.
  • Urinary tract infections: UTIs are more common in uncircumcised males.

*For those who don't know, the Cleveland Clinic is one of the most famous hospitals in the world. The average well-to-do Middle Easterner might come to Bumrungrad for treatments and care, but Middle East monarchs and princes regularly go to the Cleveland Clinic.

Edited by Walker88
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Circumcision would be indicated as some kind of primitive defense against these, perhaps a 100 or more years ago when we didn't have:

- HPV vaccine for cancer

- antibiotics for UTIs

- condoms for STDs

Talking about circumcision now for these things just sounds ridiculous.

It's a cosmetic and religious practice nowadays.

False again. Hygenic, less disease risk. Woman like it.

Accept the facts. 

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

By labelling the procedure as a contributing factor to overall health,

For reference:-

The possible medical benefits of circumcision include:

https://medlineplus.gov/circumcision.html#:~:text=The possible medical benefits of,tract infections and penile cancer

I was "cut" 78 years ago and not for religious beliefs. I am Church of England.

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2009 said:

Circumcision would be indicated as some kind of primitive defense against these, perhaps a 100 or more years ago when we didn't have:

- HPV vaccine for cancer

- antibiotics for UTIs

- condoms for STDs

Talking about circumcision now for these things just sounds ridiculous.

It's a cosmetic and religious practice nowadays.

We may differ in our opinion, but getting circumcised as an infant seems infinitely easier than getting vaccines, hoping my sex partners have been vaccinated, and either enduring a course of antibiotics (that disrupt gut bacteria for upwards of a year) or being responsible for someone else having to endure that.

Incidentally, my circumcision had nothing to do with religion nor cosmetics, and I wasn't born 100 or more years ago.

Enjoy your foreskin, and I'll enjoy my lack thereof, as well as being "2 to 8 times less likely to catch HIV from heterosexual sex" (per the quote in my earlier post from the BMJ).

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Some of these arguments are very weak. 

In their logic they would be in favour of castration of baby boys.....as that would offer 100 percent protection from testicular cancer, and also lower the risk of HIV as they would not be having sex. 

Seriously, their argument is basically that they like being cut as they can't be botherd to clean their bodies, and don't want to practice safe sex by wearing a condom. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, jvs said:

Accept most of us who had it not done don't feel the least bit bad

about it at all,and in fact are happy it was not done.

I accept that.

You're happy in your own (fore) skin, and I'm happy in my lack of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Some of these arguments are very weak. 

In their logic they would be in favour of castration of baby boys.....as that would offer 100 percent protection from testicular cancer, and also lower the risk of HIV as they would not be having sex. 

Seriously, their argument is basically that they like being cut as they can't be botherd to clean their bodies, and don't want to practice safe sex by wearing a condom. 

Most people don't like condoms and washing 5 times a day is not practical. Guys are happy no skin, women are happy no skin. No problem here except from skin guys trying to force their views onto others.

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, bignok said:

Most people don't like condoms and washing 5 times a day is not practical. Guys are happy no skin, women are happy no skin. No problem here except from skin guys trying to force their views onto others.

Hang on,

We don't need to wash 5 times a day, once is enough.

Muslims actually do wash 5 times a day, funnily enough, before each prayer session -- or at least they are supposed to.

You can't speak for all guys and all women on if they like foreskin or otherwise. Its obviously subjective.

Regarding people "forcing their views on others": some people happen to consider male circumcision as child abuse, just like female circumcision (which is illegal in most countries), and we have every right to voice that opinion.

We also have every right to participate in the discussion about how it's an ineffective defense against diseases (compare with modern medicine) and has limited benefits.

And yeah, we can agree on many people hating condoms, but that does not indicate circumcision as a prevention of STDs

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Hang on,

We don't need to wash 5 times a day, once is enough.

Muslims actually do wash 5 times a day, funnily enough, before each prayer session -- or at least they are supposed to.

You can't speak for all guys and all women on if they like foreskin or otherwise. Its obviously subjective.

Regarding people "forcing their views on others": some people happen to consider male circumcision as child abuse, just like female circumcision (which is illegal in most countries), and we have every right to voice that opinion.

We also have every right to participate in the discussion about how it's an ineffective defense against diseases (compare with modern medicine) and has limited benefits.

And yeah, we can agree on many people hating condoms, but that does not indicate circumcision as a prevention of STDs

So hot and humid you wash once a day? That is unclean. 

• Confused 1