Koh Bon

rod_kalashnikov

at 30 million baht, is the island worth consideration and a trip to check it out ?
Nah, don't bother, just buy it sight unseen, pah whats a 1,000 dollar weekend trip when you're going to casually drop a million bucks for an island...

Seriously, you'll need to check out water supplies on the island, if you can drill your own well then thats aces, shipping all water in will be expensive.

Power, probably looking at generator power but could find out the cost of getting a cable laid from Phuket.

What are the legalities (for a foreigner) of purchasing a Chanote title ?

Please see a lawyer, let him talk you through the process - I have the details on file if you wish to PM me but its in lawyerese

Good luck.

Does anyone have recent firsthand knowledge of Koh Bon ... terrain/buildings/facilities/etc ... is it still being used for dive trips/etc ?

What are the legalities (for a foreigner) of purchasing a Chanote title ?

Most important ... at 30 million baht, is the island worth consideration and a trip to check it out ?

I own some property on Koh Bon that I have for sale actually - if your interested PM me. I was told when I bought it 6 years ago that a bridge connection was pending. I have since learned that this idea had been squashed. The terrain on that Island does not lend itself to internal roads as it is quite mountainous in the middle of it and to sheer to build infrastructure. The land I have is beautiful, but only accessable by boat.

If you are looking for an Island with infrastructure and is close to some of the best diving, look at Koh Yao Noi or Koh Yao Yai. My best Thai friend owns over 3000 Rai on these Islands and it is also better priced than Koh Bon. Koh Yao Noi also won the gold eco tourism medal last year and is absoultely the most beautifull place I have ever seen in Thailand. It is located 30 minutes by boat to Phuket, 30 minutes to Krabi, 10 minutes to James Bond and 45 minutes to Phi Phi. The beaches and views are beautifull!

I am not a broker, but rather a developer, if you are interested in more info, I can point you in the right direction.

You have been misinformed, Koh Bon has over 30 owners and is not for sale as a whole Island, my land cost more than thirty and I only bought 12 Rai.

There is only two full Islands for sale in southern Thailand, 1 is near Krabi and one near Phuket (if you would like to purchase one, PM me :o ) and both are priced well above 30 mil.

Sorry mate, you are being cheated or have been misinformed.

sounded almost too good to be true.

Golden rule number 1: Always play darts with her first.

Golden rule number 2: Never believe an indicator on a vehicle unless you saw it come on. (someone else said that)

Golden rule number 3: If it sounds too good to be true, it is too good to be true.

Update:

I phoned this con artist as I was/am very curious about what they are actually selling. Typical Farang (French Woman) that has ben here about 1 week, telling me it is not all the Island, just 80 Rai of it.

BTW The Evason Resort also have 5 star bungalows on this Island.

The con artist then tried to tell me it was a title just under a chanote. I enquired more and I said "Nor Sor 3 Gor" = NO, "Nor Sor 3 Tamada" = NO, "Nor Sor 3" = No, "Nor Sor 2" = No "Sor Kor 1" = NO - "well what the ###### is it con artist" I said and then she said = Tor Bor 5. (Tax paid land), which you cannot build a concrete structure on and the government can take it off of you, at any time and place back into forestry.

I told the con artist to get out of the business and sell timeshare!

you owe me 5 baht for the follow up Rod :o

probably one of those women who purchased this forest just 1 hour after having watched "The Beach", still dreaming to live in the wild island with Leonardo di Caprio....

Than she woke up, she never liked anything less than a ***** resort and now is looking to cash it back.

:o

another sorry story

• 4 weeks later...
If you are looking for an Island with infrastructure and is close to some of the best diving, look at Koh Yao Noi or Koh Yao Yai...

Hello Tornado,

You speak highly of Koh Yao Noi and Yai, and being close to some of the best diving. I sailed around both in January, albeit at a distance, and somehow I remember the water being quite cloudy pretty much everywhere north of, say, the southern third of Yai. I didn't encounter any particularly good diving until south of Laem Nang/ Ko Dam Hok. (These are, of course, on the western coast near Krabi, so maybe the distance matters.) Was I experiencing some kind of January/seasonal phenomenon, or was I just too busy focusing on my depth sounder and with navigating unfamiliar waters to pay attention to water clarity? Anyway, I have not spent nearly enough time in this whole area, so am certainly speaking from ignorance. But could you please tell me where the good diving is located around the two islands? I have a full-size 1:200,000 naval chart of the area, so I think I can locate in sync with you. Fun experiment for me ... if you have time.

Thank you very much, z