Will government hospitals and offices be open on 1 May?

topswijaya

43 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

It IS a holiday for government offices including Immigration and banks It also a holiday on the 4th and 5th.

https://www.officeholidays.com/countries/thailand/2023

Hospitals will be open. Hospitals do not close on public holidays.

Not for government offices, including Immigration.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

The BKK Bank's list of bank holidays for this year has May 1 National Labour Day and May 4 Coronation Day listed as bank holidays.

5 May is also mentioned elsewhere as a public holiday added by the Government (presumably to make a lovely 4-day weekend for the adoring populace, while reducing the nation's abysmally low productivity levels even lower).

Bank holidays, not Government holidays. 1 May is a bank holiday but not a government holiday. 4 May is both. 17 May is a government holiday but not a bank holiday. 

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

One of the weirdest questions I've ever seen on this site.

Of course emergency room never closed but still a chance that no regular outpatient treatment possible (doctors on call for urgent cases, mass accidents etc. like on weekends).

• Like 1

Probably best to assume govt and banks closed May 1 ,4,5,

I was in CM immigration last week and they said they would be open on the 5 th but closed on the 4 th .but then he asked his colleague and the impression I got was that no one was quite sure...

So  the from April 29 to May 8 th there are only two days you can be sure banks and govt etc are open.May 2nd and 3 rd

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bwanajohn said:

I was in CM immigration last week and they said they would be open on the 5 th but closed on the 4 th .but then he asked his colleague and the impression I got was that no one was quite sure...

I was at Bangkok market last week and my chicken lady said she would be there on 5 th but not on the 4 th.  But then asked the fish guy 2 shops down and he wasn't so sure. 

25 minutes ago, bwanajohn said:

So  the from April 29 to May 8 th there are only two days you can be sure banks and govt etc are open.May 2nd and 3 rd

As has been explained. Today, 1 May, is not a government holiday.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Of course emergency room never closed but still a chance that no regular outpatient treatment possible (doctors on call for urgent cases, mass accidents etc. like on weekends).

My little village hospital is always open, 24 hours, and if necessary they consult a doctor on-line after asking relevant questions. Quite impressive.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ripstanley said:

It IS a holiday for government offices including Immigration and banks It also a holiday on the 4th and 5th.

https://www.officeholidays.com/countries/thailand/2023

Hospitals will be open. Hospitals do not close on public holidays.

Nope. Just back from immigration. Apparently the 1st of May is a holiday only for the private sector (including banks). Just as well, otherwise it would be like another Songkran.

1 hour ago, mokwit said:

So are Post Offices open today?

No.

Regular post offices closed.

From own experience and they are not government officers. No nice khaki color uniform with golden stripes ????

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bwanajohn said:

It will also affect any money transfers from offshore too.

Bangkok Bank holiday schedule from bank website. May 1,4,5 

Had two branches until one was closed in Market which was open 

7 days.

The lone branch is Closed on Saturday and Sunday. 
Open Tuesday and Wednesday… only other choice is drive 90 km one way to Udon Thani and always crowded… it’s in the mall..

My US Social Security it sent on 3 monthly… most likely

won’t post here until the 8th…

598E9BE3-EAEE-481E-860D-E661CD1A13A7.jpeg