shop selling off-the-rack reading glasses ?

tgw

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Instead of looking in shops , you can just ask other people where to get them 

damn, I didn't think of that.

do you know any good forum where I could ask ?

• Haha 2

A quick follow up.

The ocean side of the Soi Bukahaow Market is open most (all? ) days of the week.  You can buy prepared food, fresh fruits and vegetables, some clothing, and reading glasses there.  Don't know if you can buy meats or not daily.

The size of phone screens can vary so the size of the letters on a vision test chart on your phone can vary, which may effect the results.  It is better to use a printed reading chart.  This printable PDF chart is for 8.5"x11" paper but A4 can be used.  In both cases specify print actual size if possible:  Vision Source Free Eye Chart - Download, Print, and Test

A short distance further North on the shore side of Soi Bukahaow is the Harry House bakery.  A great place for a morning coffee and croissant and to buy breads and pastries.

5 minutes ago, HarrySeaman said:

This printable PDF chart is for 8.5"x11" paper but A4 can be used.  In both cases specify print actual size if possible:  Vision Source Free Eye Chart - Download, Print, and Test

But this thread is about reading glasses - not normal distance vision.  This could be used - or just take some small print with you and try different glasses.

https://www.readers.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Rea-Updated-DiopterChart-1.pdf

• Thanks 1

okay, I tried out some recommendations from this thread.

Mr. DIY - the shop in my area (Rattanakorn Market) doesn't sell reading glasses

Big C Pattaya Tai: 2 rotating stands, piss poor selection, nothing below 1 dioptre and expensive: 199 to 259 baht.

Tesco Pattaya Tai: same as Big C, but only 259 baht.

so it seems my question still stands.

I tried out some glasses and it seems I need 1 and 0.75 correction, I'll check if I can find something on Lazada. 0.75 is a guess because they didn't sell it.

EDIT: So I ordered 2 pairs with different corrections from Lazada for 94 baht. Let's see if that solves my problem.

Edited by tgw
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, tgw said:

okay, I tried out some recommendations from this thread.

Mr. DIY - the shop in my area (Rattanakorn Market) doesn't sell reading glasses

Big C Pattaya Tai: 2 rotating stands, piss poor selection, nothing below 1 dioptre and expensive: 199 to 259 baht.

Tesco Pattaya Tai: same as Big C, but only 259 baht.

so it seems my question still stands.

I tried out some glasses and it seems I need 1 and 0.75 correction, I'll check if I can find something on Lazada. 0.75 is a guess because they didn't sell it.

EDIT: So I ordered 2 pairs with different corrections from Lazada for 94 baht. Let's see if that solves my problem.

Did you allow for your head size?  Most frames are for smaller I have found.

27 minutes ago, tgw said:

yes, the photo shows the frame can extend

Can you share a link?  Never found any like that myself.  Had to search for the small minority that even mentioned size for something wide enough.

A selection of frames to choose from.

Eye sight measured, lens made to measure (simple lens of course).

Ready in less than 30 minutes.

(please ignore post if not interested in "lecture")

3 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

A selection of frames to choose from.

Eye sight measured, lens made to measure (simple lens of course).

Ready in less than 30 minutes.

(please ignore post if not interested in "lecture")

is a part of your post missing ?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, tgw said:

is a part of your post missing ?

Left from the Soi Buakhao >fresh< market (R-con corner) next to the 7/11 is a small optician shop.

One man business. The woman just does selling of the rack (which is also available for 100 Baht).

I had one done second week of March and it does the job and feels better than off the rack stuff.

It's this one:

glasses.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Left from the Soi Buakhao >fresh< market (R-con corner) next to the 7/11 is a small optician shop.

One man business. The woman just does selling of the rack (which is also available for 100 Baht).

I had one done second week of March and it does the job and feels better than off the rack stuff.

It's this one:

glasses.jpg

thank you, interesting