Carlson’s Text That Alarmed Fox Leaders: ‘It’s Not How White Men Fight’

onthedarkside

10 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

The "message", copied from the OP's linked article....

Tucker Carlson January 7, 2021 — 04:18:04 PM UTC
A couple of weeks ago, I was watching video of people fighting on the street in Washington. A group of Trump guys surrounded an Antifa kid and started pounding the living <deleted> out of him. It was three against one, at least. Jumping a guy like that is dishonorable obviously. It’s not how white men fight. Yet suddenly I found myself rooting for the mob against the man, hoping they’d hit him harder, kill him. I really wanted them to hurt the kid. I could taste it. Then somewhere deep in my brain, an alarm went off: this isn’t good for me. I’m becoming something I don’t want to be. The Antifa creep is a human being. Much as I despise what he says and does, much as I’m sure I’d hate him personally if I knew him, I shouldn’t gloat over his suffering. I should be bothered by it. I should remember that somewhere somebody probably loves this kid, and would be crushed if he was killed. If I don’t care about those things, if I reduce people to their politics, how am I better than he is?

Is this what the right-wing nut jobs mean by "Virtue-signalling"?

Hard to believe this message was the straw. The "white men" thing is racist-y for sure, but hardly worth firing him for as he has probably said soemthing similar hundreds of times before.

Wow man, Tucker is one sick puppy.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Wow man, Tucker is one sick puppy.

It sounds like he was trying to come to terms with the fact that he really is a horrible person, almost as if he were confiding in a therapist or something. This doesn't come as a surprise to me at all that he wanted the kid to die.

Edited by earlinclaifornia
  • Like 1

From the linked NYT article...

It remains unclear how the text escaped more notice earlier, given that the Fox legal team was aware of it and other offensive texts written by Mr. Carlson. Fox’s lawyers had produced the text as part of the discovery process and were involved in the redactions. Mr. Carlson had even been asked about it during a deposition, according to several people who have read the unredacted transcripts of his deposition.

Not sure why Fox's lawyers leaked this story to the NYT? And why now?

My guess is that it is cover established now to support other legal strategies in other Fox cases, like Smartmatic and Abby Grossberg, et al.

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

From the linked NYT article...

It remains unclear how the text escaped more notice earlier, given that the Fox legal team was aware of it and other offensive texts written by Mr. Carlson. Fox’s lawyers had produced the text as part of the discovery process and were involved in the redactions. Mr. Carlson had even been asked about it during a deposition, according to several people who have read the unredacted transcripts of his deposition.

Not sure why Fox's lawyers leaked this story to the NYT? And why now?

My guess is that it is cover established now to support other legal strategies in other Fox cases, like Smartmatic and Abby Grossberg, et al.

My guess is to establish probable cause for his termination.

Should have been pistols at dawn?  Is that white enough?

To play devil's advocate here, if someone in this Thai forum said "that's not how white men fight" I would think it was a comment on Thai machismo only fighting when you have the other guy outnumbered (like the MAGA goons), as opposed to settling it 1-on-1.

More texts get dropped

All the Texts Fox News Didn’t Want You to Read

In more urgent texts to Bret Baier, Carlson wrote ““I continue to think the company isn’t taking the [sic] seriously enough. We need to do something to reassure our core audience. They’re our whole business model.” Carlson floated various ideas, including interviewing Fox News Decision Desk Director Arnon Mishkin on his show, to “help calm our viewers down.”

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/05/all-the-texts-fox-news-didnt-want-you-to-read.html

• Like 1

Before we all start celebrating, you should know that Tucker has NOT been fired yet. His show was pulled off the air, but he is still an employee of Fox.  He and Fox are currently in negotiations as to the terms of his departure, that is why he can't just fire back at whatever allegations come up.   He has one year left in his contract with Fox, it is possible that Fox will just string him along for that year, keep paying his salary, and hope that the passing of time will hurt his chances to land another plum job somewhere else. 

As for bringing up skin colour the way he did, that is nothing. It is common for people of all backgrounds to do the same thing, especially to show either their pride or their disappointment in members of the  group they belong to. 

19 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

As for bringing up skin colour the way he did, that is nothing. It is common for people of all backgrounds to do the same thing, especially to show either their pride or their disappointment in members of the  group they belong to. 

‘bringing up skin color’.

As is overtly racist comments.

Well yes we all understand you think ‘that is nothing’.

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

‘bringing up skin color’.

As is overtly racist comments.

Well yes we all understand you think ‘that is nothing’.

How is it racist in any way? He was not maligning anyone, he was just showing his disgust at members of his OWN group.  Wishing they would do better.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just to be very, very, very clear...

It is Fox which fired parted ways with Mr. Calrson.

It is Fox which is leaking these texts.

It is Fox which is releasing the embarrassing behind the scenes video, even though they have sent a cease & desist order.

You can find these by searching Fox Tucker Carlson leaked videos Media Matters. Hard-core fanbois should NOT watch these videos as you will twist yourselves into a pretzel "explaining" them, once you've reassembled your exploded head.

Fox is flexing to keep Mr. Carlson in line while a settlement is negotiated.

I have no doubt that his fans think he is sincere, once you've drunk the Kool-Aid you're hooked. I think he acts with sincerity, but his texts and words, off the air prove he is just acting.

The Abby Grossberg case will settle obviously, so we'll be deprived of Tucker's sincere depravity. I guess we'll just have to wait for his eventual melt-down resulting in the police having to be called to his home.

Edited by bamnutsak

Just now, bamnutsak said:

Just to be very, very, very clear...

It is Fox which fired parted ways with Mr. Calrson.

It is Fox which is leaking these texts.

It is Fox which is releasing the embarrassing behind the scenes video, even though they have sent a coverr cease & desist order.

You can find these by searching Fox Tucker Carlson leaked videos Media Matters. Hard-core fanbois should NOT watch these videos as you will twist yourselves into a pretzel "explaining" them, once you've reassembled your exploded head.

Fox is flexing to keep Mr. Carlson in line while a settlement is negotiated.

I have no doubt that his fans think he is sincere, once you've drunk the Kool-Aid you're hooked. I think he acts with sincerity, but his texts and words, off the air tell everyone prove he is just acting.

The Abby Grossberg case will settle obviously, so we'll be deprived of Tucker's sincere depravity. I gues we'll just have to wait for his eventual melt-down resulting in the police having to be called to his home.

I’m very mindful of the fact it is FOX (confessed liars) who are leaking these details.

I maintain my belief that FOX are lying about why they have pulled Carlson.

I look forward to hearing the real reason.

16 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Wishing they could do better than who?

He has high standards for his own group. Is that a bad thing?  TBH it may be more of a generational thing.  No respect for a 'fair fight' like in the past.  People complain about it in Thailand all the time- the way Thai men all pile on when a fight breaks out.  No honorable single combat.  

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

He has high standards for his own group. Is that a bad thing?  TBH it may be more of a generational thing.  No respect for a 'fair fight' like in the past.  People complain about it in Thailand all the time- the way Thai men all pile on when a fight breaks out.  No honorable single combat.  

"His own group". Says a lot about your view of racism. For me, stating I'm caucasian is limited to medical questions at a doctor's office and nothing more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

"His own group". Says a lot about your view of racism. For me, stating I'm caucasian is limited to medical questions at a doctor's office and nothing more.

Perhaps it does.  I would hope to feel the same as you, but these days it is hard to ignore how race gets injected into every possible nook and cranny of life. 

Yet imagine if a black man saw a group of blacks swarming and attacking someone, and he said, "hey, that's not how black men fight", would HE be racist too?  By expecting better behavior from his fellow African Americans?