Prayut Might Prolong Rule With Minority Government: Academic

webfact

5 minutes ago, SoilSpoil said:

I was there as well. Walked though the 'fort' a couple of times. All the red, yellow, blue and white uprisings have the Shinawatra clan and their policies at heart. 

Conservative refusal to accept democracy is at the heart of all the political strife of the past 20 years.

But don’t worry, the good guys have finally won and democracy is now here to stay.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, h90 said:

I know several were shot by the military....and also several military were shot by the protestors.
But that does not justify to burn some random houses.
And my point was: I don't want to have that again, no matter if the red shirts, the man in Dubai or the military is the greater evil. I would rather don't have any of it and boring peace instead.

Accept democracy and there is no street violence.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

As long as the outcome of that democracy suits your agenda.

That would be a democracy that includes a 10,000 Baht inducement to vote for you?

Edited by hotandsticky
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Conservative refusal to accept democracy is at the heart of all the political strife of the past 20 years.

But don’t worry, the good guys have finally won and democracy is now here to stay.

Which good guys? 

8 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

As long as the outcome of that democracy suits your agenda.

That would be a democracy that includes a 10,000 Baht inducement to vote for you?

As long as it is a free and fair election I care not who wins. Why is it so hard for you junta fanatics to simply accept the will of the people (i.e. democracy). You all twist and distort yourselves into gordian knots trying to defend the indefensible. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

should he decide to go that route, there just might be a top military guy who thinks otherwise - and step in and boot him out - remember this is Thailand, the hub of coups. 

35 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

sure, if all play fair and don't brake any laws, everyone should accept it. And I hope you'll think the same when the parties will be disbanded for braking the law. The 10.000 Baht for everyone has the potential and Future Forward also has something already at the court.
I am sure if they get disbanded the Red Shirts get angry. If not the yellow...No one will accept the outcome and all will believe they alone are right.

1 minute ago, Artisi said:

should he decide to go that route, there just might be a top military guy who thinks otherwise - and step in and boot him out - remember this is Thailand, the hub of coups. 

I think we are already over the average time between coups or? If Thailand would make a public holiday for every new constitution we wouldn't need to work anymore

1 hour ago, h90 said:
3 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

If I can recollect, those implicated red shirts were aquitted by the Courts. You have new evidence? 

my evidence is, I was there and saw the burned houses and everything still smell like burned things.....The evidence were my own eyes.

Your evidence is that there were burned buildings, and nobody will deny that.

Where is your evidence that they were burned down by the red shirts acquitted by the courts?

5 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

If I can recollect, those implicated red shirts were aquitted by the Courts. You have new evidence? 

Evidence has never been a requirement for acquittal here

3 hours ago, h90 said:

Sure there are many.....but big demonstrations without payment? Sure some people will demonstrate but not many.

Wait and see, if the election goes against the public vote it will not sit well with the people who voted for change.

Also wait to see it the Pheu Thai or move forward party are dissolved after the election.

That will be the catalyst to set things off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Prayut cannot be stopped. He is in office until his heart stops. President for Life.

now that is very very unlikely.

10 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

Yes and no. This rule was voted in by a majority of Thai through a referendum on the latest constitutiion. Not a lot of people read the constitution before they gave their vote.

61% of a 59% turnout.

Campaigning for a no vote was not allowed, and in less than "reliable areas" it was made as difficult as possible to cast a vote.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

As long as it is a free and fair election I care not who wins. Why is it so hard for you junta fanatics to simply accept the will of the people (i.e. democracy). You all twist and distort yourselves into gordian knots trying to defend the indefensible. 

I don't think you have the slightest idea what democracy means as far as Thailand is concerned.

36 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

61% of a 59% turnout.

Campaigning for a no vote was not allowed, and in less than "reliable areas" it was made as difficult as possible to cast a vote.

The 59% is irrelevant of course. Fact is that a majority voted yes, whether we find that democratic or not.

I believe if he tried to steal the election, the response would be overwhelming. It could be the last thing he ever does. He and the army are despised like never before. And any moral authority is gone. Everything has changed. 

See ya, Prayuth. Nobody is going to miss you. 

7 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

What kind of democracy...?