Italian Man Has a Meltdown on His Balcony in Pattaya, Blames Marijuana

webfact

12 minutes ago, Screaming said:

Marijuana may be driving a surge in schizophrenia cases among young men, a major Government-funded study suggests.

...  researchers warn it could become more common as marijuana becomes increasingly legal. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12046605/Marijuana-30-PERCENT-schizophrenia-cases-young-men.html

Here is a more informative article that supports what you are saying but gives more context and doesn't seem so biased to me.  https://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/schizophrenia-marijuana-link. Their recommendations: 

• It’s wise for teens to avoid marijuana or delay using it until they are adults.
  • If you have schizophrenia, don’t use marijuana.
  • If you have a family history of schizophrenia or other psychotic illness, avoid marijuana.
  • If you are a caregiver for someone who has schizophrenia and uses marijuana, encourage them to quit.
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Screaming said:

Marijuana may be driving a surge in schizophrenia cases among young men, a major Government-funded study suggests.

Researchers backed by the National Institute on Drug Abuse estimated 30 percent of schizophrenia cases in men aged 21 to 30 are linked to cannabis addiction.

Overall across all age groups, the analysis of 6 million people found 15 percent of diagnoses in men and four percent in women could be attributed to the drug.

Dr Nora Volkow, NIDA director and co-author of the study, said the results called for 'urgent action' and demanded people think twice before smoking marijuana.

Schizophrenia cases have been rising in recent decades, linked to growing and aging populations. But the researchers warn it could become more common as marijuana becomes increasingly legal. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12046605/Marijuana-30-PERCENT-schizophrenia-cases-young-men.html

Tell that to Keith and Bob! Never read such undiluted rubbish in my life. But coming via the Daily Mail, what did I expect?

Edited by bradiston

25 minutes ago, smew said:

in thailand, to increase the effect, all drugs are spiked with more potent substances 

Another very sweeping statement with its origins firmly founded in ignorance,   What, would you have us believe, is the magical  ingredient that can be added to  increase the pleasurable experience of consuming cannabis ?  and more to the point where can I buy it?   Answers on a post card please 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, smew said:

in thailand, to increase the effect, all drugs are spiked with more potent substances 

35 minutes ago, jollyhangmon said:

... just wishful thinking, unfortunately ...

I'm going with that's possible for some of the edibles.

5 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

Marijuana does tend to trigger latent psychoses in some people, Alcohol triggers violence in some people, in me it just makes me sleepy.

I can't honestly say whether you are right about there needing to be an underlying psychosis to be triggered for violence to erupt, I'm not qualified to do that.  I can say though that there is an increased incidence in violence where Marijuana has been consumed.  

Even though you state you are not qualified, as a magistrate did you find alcohol induced crimes were more common than cannabis induced crimes? 

10 minutes ago, sungod said:

Even though you state you are not qualified, as a magistrate did you find alcohol induced crimes were more common than cannabis induced crimes? 

Yes.  Many more drink driving than drug driving.  But many more possession crimes for cannabis.

8 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Yes.  Many more drink driving than drug driving.  But many more possession crimes for cannabis.

I was talking about violence, sorry i did not make that clear.

17 hours ago, 2baht said:

Well, who does'nt throw refrigerators out the door when high on weed? Almost got hit by 3 fridges just yesterday, damn pot smokers! 

I got hit by 4 last time in Patts. Havent been back since.

If he were really high on weed, he would likely have been watching TV, abs snacking with a bag of chips, or some chocolate. It is more likely a result of getting off his meds, not smoking some weed. 

An example of the powerful investigative skills of the RTP. 

If a refrigerator or TV lands on you, it can cause alot of problems. Glad nobody was injured. 

Just another nutter having a bad day. 

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Another very sweeping statement with its origins firmly founded in ignorance,   What, would you have us believe, is the magical  ingredient that can be added to  increase the pleasurable experience of consuming cannabis ?  and more to the point where can I buy it?   Answers on a post card please 

cheap Yaba 

2 hours ago, smew said:

cheap Yaba 

The addition of methamphetamine to cannabis ?  what would be the point?   Cannabis users are not looking for a meth experience and it is not so cheap that it would be worth using to increase the weight , The only reason I could see this happening would be as an incredibly malicious, stupid and dangerous prank akin to spiking someone's drink with something like rohypnol . 

I'm not saying it has never happened  but it would be extremely rare and hardly a way of engendering repeat business or increasing profit I am certain it would never happen at any cannabis dispensary .

Perhaps a particularly unscrupulous and sadistic person might consider doing it, maybe to one of their "mates" as a sick joke,  but to a stranger? what would be the point unless they were going to stick around and see the effects?

Edited by Bday Prang

On 5/4/2023 at 7:34 PM, bendejo said:

I've been smoking that stuff for years, not a day has gone by when I haven't thrown a refrigerator out the window. 

Before I started that, when I was a kid, every day the dog would eat my homework.

I was going to ask my rocks if stuff like you wrote were true, but my dog ate my rocks.   ????

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2023 at 4:49 AM, Bday Prang said:

I don't know about today, but back during the Vietnam war era, both in Vietnam and Thailand, you could buy marijuana with either heroin or opium added to it.   Some people knew it was added and some did not.   Some people would add the heroin to the marijuana after buying it.  

But from my observation, none of the people that smoked marijuana with either heroin or opium added to it would become violent. 

On 5/5/2023 at 4:02 AM, wealthychef said:

Here is a more informative article that supports what you are saying but gives more context and doesn't seem so biased to me.  https://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/schizophrenia-marijuana-link. Their recommendations: 

• It’s wise for teens to avoid marijuana or delay using it until they are adults.
  • If you have schizophrenia, don’t use marijuana.
  • If you have a family history of schizophrenia or other psychotic illness, avoid marijuana.
  • If you are a caregiver for someone who has schizophrenia and uses marijuana, encourage them to quit.

Your post reminds me of a man I knew in Houston Texas.   He seemed like a nice guy.  He told me he was diagnosed with schizophrenia.  He showed me pictures of a very nicely built cabin he build and lived in in a forest someplace.  I asked why he moved out of it.  He told me that storm troopers would parachute onto the roof and march around it all night keeping him awake.   He said they followed him from the forest and he would see and hear them in the boarding house some nights.  

I stayed away from him and his room in the boarding house after discovering he had a 12 gauge shotgun to protect himself from storm troopers. 

• Confused 1