Caution urged as disappearing road puts drivers at risk in Yasothon province

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai media Sanook news reporters who inspected the site found the road to be 6 meters wide and 2,350 meters long, with clearly marked traffic lines. However, the problematic section near Nong Bo Moo sees the road surface suddenly disappearing without warning signs for unsuspecting drivers.

The road resumes on the opposite side, but with a difference in elevation of over 2 meters.

Thai style at it's best.

The road has never been completed as the " missing section " is on land belonging to a different Authority.

My guess would be the PWA, as it appears to be over some kind of spillway

Same issue here where I reside

The Local Tasiban put in a new Concrete road to replace the old dirt Track, but it stops 3 Meters short of actually joining up with the main Highway ( Highway agency responsibility ) and the other end stops before crossing a Reservoir Dam Wall ( PWA responsibility )

Pathetic isnt it

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I suppose drivers paying attention is out of the question? You know, looking ahead, stuff like that?

Looking ahead? Thai's cant read the road.  I laugh driving along Sukhumvit road and coming to a U-turn which has been sign posted at 500 and 100metres prior, and sometimes even more times if the previous one is closed, and seeing the the amount of stopped cars with indicators attempting to go back to the second lane. Most of the time its courier drivers too.. Just no awareness. Same with red lights, or other hazards, or merely the car in front breaking, you would expect to see breaking, but never before its hard breaking or 50metres of the lights

Thus Im not sure sign posts will help. You need something they can feel like those bumps before the pay tolls, visual cues dont work here

Edited by Snugs08

15 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I suppose drivers paying attention is out of the question? You know, looking ahead, stuff like that?

You are talking about common sense right,

Hard to come by in this neck off the woods.