Thaksin Shinawatra's imminent homecoming: A risky move for Pheu Thai

webfact

3 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I guess we never know since military leaders and their political allies rarely see a day in court. The investigative agencies and the courts tend to give them a wide berth. 

.....as they're all presently controlled and managed by the same highly illegal Junta gang - so makes sense that they wouldn't be eating their own. 

Imagine the possibilities of a solid opposition majority that might see it fit to pursue criminal charges towards the illustrious and criminally organized coup makers/Junta. Though, in our hearts we all know that would never come about. Which should really shed some light on the truer nature of the "opposition" coalitions. 

Welcome home! I hope you can once and for all rid Thailand of the corrupt old elite and help Thailand on its way of becoming a true democracy.

I would absolutely LOVE to see the coup leader in handcuffs! And imagine seeing his no. 2 right next to him wearing a orange jumpsuit and an extremely cheap and scruffy Timex.:clap2: 

Edited by Phoenix Rising
  • Love It 2

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Great idea!

Come home, go to jail, and give all your money to your grandchildren. And please don't involve them in politics if you care about them.

And if you live long enough not to die in jail then maybe you will be able to live in a decade or two together with your grandchildren.

Come home. Now. You will get free accommodation and food for years. We are waiting for you! What are you waiting for? 

Surprise!!!!

The nutters come out of the woodwork whenever Thaksins name is mentioned

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Can’t pursue any criminal charges towards the coup leaders as they have written their own amnesty in the constitution. Just show how bent these military crooks are. Politics have been in state of decline in Thailand since democracy was given to the people in 1932. The main corrupters are the military  and the elites and their desire for their preservation. I still have confidence that people power will prevail like in Indonesia and Philippines 

I might correct you [and most others] regarding your take on 1932 events [military/civilian coup] and the false history presented.

Definitely, had nothing whatsoever to do with creating a democratic state - just an exchange in repressive regimes. 

Do some real investigative and objective research on the subject matter.  

This ever-repeated dreamy domain of the beloved and bookmarked 1932 is most amusing to observe. 

5 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

I might correct you [and most others] regarding your take on 1932 events [military/civilian coup] and the false history presented.

Definitely, had nothing whatsoever to do with creating a democratic state - just an exchange in repressive regimes. 

Do some real investigative and objective research on the subject matter.  

This ever-repeated dreamy domain of the beloved and bookmarked 1932 is most amusing to observe. 

The reason that year and day in 1932 is still celebrated as Constitution Day and the dawn of democracy. Not a perfect constitution but still the first constitution necessary for democracy to begin. Learn from this momentous event. 

2 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Well.....actually there is.

An illegally placed and operating Junta that designed his and his sister's forced exiles is preventing his [their] return. 

The same illegal and immoral circle that dreamt up charges [whether guilty or not, doesn't stand as a legal writ] of reputed distinction.....

Actions by the junta is not the only thing stopping his return.

He broke serious laws, was convicted and sentenced, that's why he fled. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wombat said:

is there a statute of limitations on what he was busted for?

I guess you mean for each and every crime he committed, was charged for, found guilty and sentenced, here's several. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, DjSilver said:

I think I speak for most people, no matter Thai or expats, that we would rather have Thaksin as Prime Minister than Prayut. However, Thanathorn would would have been the best Prime Minister for Thailand. Sad, that Prayut is controlling the courts in Thailand.

"I think I speak for most people, no matter Thai or expats,..."

I don't agree, I don't want to see the pymster of the general as the next PM.

Both are unacceptble to any country as a PM. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Welcome home! I hope you can once and for all rid Thailand of the corrupt old elite and help Thailand on its way of becoming a true democracy.

I would absolutely LOVE to see the coup leader in handcuffs! And imagine seeing his no. 2 right next to him wearing a orange jumpsuit and an extremely cheap and scruffy Timex.:clap2: 

Hopes springs eternal 

5 hours ago, soalbundy said:

regarding your last sentence ;- Like, that matters?

It was one of their promises and I am willing to bet that if students don't get the money that and the loss of the 10,000 will set them off.

Thais want what they are promised and add those things along with the wage increase and for those that drink the Thaksin Kool Aid will get upset if he does not return.

2 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

What laws?

Convicted by who?

Why is Interpol not involved?

The last thing that Thailand needs is Thaksin coming back.  

Right now, he is the voice and money man, BUT if he comes back and is arrested and taken to jail or under house arrest would be a lightning rod.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Brought by an illegal coup government. If the military coup was illegal, then so are the warrants.

Exactly. Pot...kettle...black and these things.

All of the said charges tend to contradict themselves in falsehoods. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kickstart said:

It might not have affected you, if you were here, but it did affect most of the farangs living in the Kingdom at that time.

When he was PM, overnight he just doubled the amount of money needed on deposit for marriage and retirement extensions.

Perhaps he doesn't care for Farang.

Rightly so. 

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, Red Forever said:

When I saw the subject I knew who would reply with their accustomed venom and I wasn't disappointed.

For what it's worth; Thaksin was already a very wealthy businessman before entering politics so didn't need to rob the Thai people.

While I agree that "Thaksin was a very wealthy businessman before entering politics", I cannot agree with the rest of the sentence. He became very wealthy by selling overpriced computers to the Police and the Army, and then by obtaining a monopoly for satellite communications and sale of mobile phones at elevated prices. That was all robbing the Thai people. Unfortunately, as often seems to happen with the very rich, they can then never have enough, so Thaksin needed to continue to "rob the Thai people" to try to increase his already considerable wealth.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1