The Coronation.

41 minutes ago, stoner said:

how tone deaf can one be in the modern world. i bet the money used for this coronation could of paid every pub in england's electric bill this past winter. 

What an Ignorance post but usually.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

39 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Actually, the global TV rights alone have apparently paid for the coronation!

With all the tourist income generated it's definitely a net-profit event.

i think you can arrive at the point i was trying to make. 

6 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Hold up mush how would you understand or are you English and been brought up in a time when Kings Charles was born. 

I'm proud of Englands history what do you have.  

So @OneMoreFarang polite and reasonable comment upsets you because he isn't English? Fortunately not all we Englishmen are as xenophobic as you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RayC said:

So @OneMoreFarang polite and reasonable comment upsets you because he isn't English? Fortunately not all we Englishmen are as xenophobic as you.

No one upsets me on a forum but let's go come on it's well known of the ignorance of American people knowing of the history of the UK royal family or would onemanfarang disput that. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm not a Royalist, I really couldn’t care any less than I already do about the British Royal family...  I give them as much passing thought as any other person I do not know in person. 

That said, neither am I anti Royalist, I believe they bring an economic advantage to the UK through Tourism, they also do solid work on behalf of the UK to promote the British interests. 

Thus: while sat on the fence, I only see imbalance and unhinged responses from anti Royalists such as the comments above with twisted words and phrases such as “Calling oneself a King” and making accusations as “Parading around the country like you are above and better than some"...erm.... seasonal game birds"... ( I think you meant peasants BTW !!!)”...

There’s plenty that can be criticised, there’s plenty of politics, plenty of virtue signalling on both for and against the Royal family, also virtue signalling by those running such ’shows’ to highlight how they are all inclusive.... I’m surprised they haven’t got an Ex-Transgender non-binary Bangladeshi Assylum seeking half blind autistic paraplegic to sing the National Anthem.....  Yes, I’m cynical... 

But there is a bottom line - This is good for the UK, its good for the UK economy - the UK brings in more money from having a Royal family than if it didn’t and I believe the Royals work very hard for what ultimately is a life in the public eye under extreme criticism many of us would hate... 

That doesn’t make me a Royalist, it makes and a lot of people like me Realists....     

Thanks for that a great post.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, stoner said:

denounce your throne and give all the money and land back to the people of england.

I very much doubt that King Charles will be reading your advice to him  as I don't think that he posts here .

You could send him a letter ?

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

I bet you wouldn't come out with that Anti Monarchy in Thailand.

if allowed by law i would yes. however that would be breaking the law here so i shall refrain. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crossy said:
1 hour ago, stoner said:

how tone deaf can one be in the modern world. i bet the money used for this coronation could of paid every pub in england's electric bill this past winter. 

Actually, the global TV rights alone have apparently paid for the coronation!

With all the tourist income generated it's definitely a net-profit event.

Careful....  don’t let facts get in the way of negative bias.... :whistling:

I’m loving the manner in which stoner attempted to virtue signal using pubs as the moral high-ground as if going down the local boozer is the same as starving school children !!!!... 

• Haha 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

I very much doubt that King Charles will be reading your advice to him  as I don't think that he posts here .

You could send him a letter ?

i will send with one of his messangers....good idea.

• Thumbs Up 1