Thailand’s cannabis sellers say US growers are eating their lunch

webfact

12 minutes ago, SenorTashi said:

The prices were way too high in the beginning. I harvested a grow 3 months ago and tried to sell it but the price they offered me was so low that I decided to smoke it myself.

I've noticed that lots of ganja shops either have no customers now or they've closed down already. I suppose all of this is normal considering it's a new thing and it will all level off at some point. 

Yes feels like that. An initial high hah. I don't know that the prices per gram was before when it was illegal but I get a feeling that they started with pricing it at the same level. Now the real price discovery is underway.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

3bht/gm brick from Laos

where have you seen that? I used to pay 400 for 10 grams and that was decent quality. Then I got some for 300 once but that was rubbish.

1 minute ago, Trippy said:

It can't be legal to Import weed from the U.S

I spoke to a couple of Thais in Chiang Rai who said they were legally importing US weed and they did have a lot of US strains. Maybe they just believed it was legal. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

But Thailand’s parliament has yet to pass a long-awaited cannabis bill, leaving the regulatory framework for the industry in limbo.

Maybe after the General Election, it will be criminalised again by a new parliament!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Thailand struck cannabis from its list of banned narcotics in June 2022 after a high-profile campaign by Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul to establish the kingdom as a global hub for cannabis for medical purposes.

For medical purposes?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, zib said:

If a farm in the US can produce weed so cheap that it's cheaper than local grown even after imports and middle man cuts then the local weed is priced wrong and they are just greedy.

isn't the US  weed smuggled?

Local businesses say foreign money is filling the gap, with many dispensaries across the country pushing low-cost cannabis imported illegally from the US.

So how is it being "illegally imported"... are customs not doing their job?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Maybe after the General Election, it will be criminalised again by a new parliament!

unless they get paid enough not to......big bucks already invested

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Would have thought the 3bht/gm brick from Laos would be of greater concern than the 500bht/gm flower from the USA.

read the story. The article claims Thia weed is 300 baht and smuggled US weed is 150-180 baht per gram.

I am assuming those are wholesale prices. 

That said i found a weed supplier that does a sativa at 3 for 1000, and it is so potent im  terrified of it despite the fact that i am a lifelong smoker used to very high quality weed.   

Edited by n00dle
  • Sad 1