British boy, 16, is found dead with head wounds in a Thai forest: Police hunt for teenager's missing girlfriend

webfact

9 hours ago, Thechook said:

Why is a 16 yr old British kid travelling in Thailand alone.  There is absolutely no way I would let my child travel alone.

Back in late 1972 I met a 14 year old American teenager outside of Udon Thani.  He traveled to Thailand with his parents on vacation.   At the end of the vacation his parents went back to America and left their son there, because he wanted to stay longer.  They would send money to him as he needed it.   When I met him he had just traveled from Vientiane.   He was living out of a backpack.  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

RIP kid.   There is no mention of his motorbike's whereabouts, find that and with luck find Yam, sounds like an abduction maybe, rival boyfriend? 

More assumptions...

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, daiwill said:

OH, here we go again with Messers Agatha Christie and Hercule Poirot enthusiasts, RIP for the kid and let's not jump to any conclusions etc .  <deleted> ?

Yeap the Thai visa super sleuths are on full form, hope they solve it quickly 

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

8 hours ago, Phil1964 said:

WTF! Thais are much better parents??

Well if you like your schooling and upbringing theories to be that of the Victorian era, it may well be.

But from my first hand experience of living with my Thai wife of 46 and her 10-year old daughter, I'd say the exact opposite is true.

All I know is that Thai Psychosis would make a great dissertation topic for a degree! And that in our town our hard pressed social services and police team are too underskilled at knowing how the Thai psychosis works to understand how to diagnose the 10year old fledgling psycho! I really can't be arsed with providing a sponsorship for their family visa much longer, seeing as they both show no respect to this country, other people around us along with me and my family. They do like Sterling however! No, not the useless Liverpool and Man City reject, but the financial variety of Sterling!

I hope you had a few sherbets before writing that post because it's bizarre dribble. On a whole I have found Thias to be poor parents with little to no regard of danger (some exceptions). There is a distinct difference between how boys and girls are brought up. To even think it is ok for 10 year olds to ride around on motorbikes, kids of all ages 4 or 5 up on motorbikes, basically letting children do as they please is not good parenting it is lazy parenting. This poor boy was 16 and living in Thailand the Thai way (you can't ride a motorbike at 16 in the uk). I would be very concerned for the Young girl who is missing. I hope she is alive but then will have lots of questions to answer. This is a very sad situation. You were to young to die especially in this way.

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This is very tragic. No parent should ever have to bury their child. It certainly appears to be murder, most foul. Let us hope the superior minds at the RTP are able to solve this case soon. 

Hm,...I get the sarcasm,...but let me remind you that those so called "superior minds" as you stated so well, have solved very complex cases in the recent past !! The RTP have there own ways of doing things for sure. but they can be very efficient some times !

Best regards.

9 hours ago, Phil1964 said:

WTF! Thais are much better parents??

Well if you like your schooling and upbringing theories to be that of the Victorian era, it may well be.

But from my first hand experience of living with my Thai wife of 46 and her 10-year old daughter, I'd say the exact opposite is true.

Perhaps it's just that you married a person that is terrible at parenting. ????

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, radiochaser said:

Back in late 1972 I met a 14 year old American teenager outside of Udon Thani.  He traveled to Thailand with his parents on vacation.   At the end of the vacation his parents went back to America and left their son there, because he wanted to stay longer.  They would send money to him as he needed it.   When I met him he had just traveled from Vientiane.   He was living out of a backpack.  

When I was 12 years old my dad, who was a tour guide, left me in Grindlewald to enjoy 3 weeks skiing in the Bernese Oberlands.  I stayed in a small hotel and the concierge gave me money when I needed it.  When it was time to go home, I got a train down the mountain and across Switzerland and France, the ferry to Folkestone and the train to Victoria where my relieved mum met me. By the time I was 16 I could have traveled round the world on my own.

• Confused 1

As usual there is a lot of the usual, predictable anti Thai comments;  bad parents, bad schools, useless police. One could almost be forgiven for thinking that  this sort of thing has never happened and would never happen in  any western country. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

How do you know that? I haven't seen any reporting that establishes what happened. As far as I'm aware, she's still missing, fate unknown.

Or do you have access to some updated info? If so, please share.

I believe the confusion arises from there being two girlfriends. One has been located and one is still missing. 

6 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

How do you know that? I haven't seen any reporting that establishes what happened. As far as I'm aware, she's still missing, fate unknown.

sure she is still "missing", but according to the news there is currently no evidence that she has been abducted or that she was involved in the lads murder,  Patience all will be revealed in time

3 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

sure she is still "missing", but according to the news there is currently no evidence that she has been abducted or that she was involved in the lads murder,  Patience all will be revealed in time

But "no evidence" means we have no idea whether she was kidnapped or not. It simply means we don't know what happened.

20 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I was replying to the claim that she had been kidnapped .

Her current fate is unknown and there are numerous scenarios about what could have happened to her (and she may have been kidnapped) , but its incorrect that state that she has been kidnapped because her fate is unknown

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

But "no evidence" means we have no idea whether she was kidnapped or not. It simply means we don't know what happened.

That is exactly what i meant, the only thing that is known about her is that she cannot be contacted, for whatever reason

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

That is exactly what i meant, the only thing that is known about her is that she cannot be contacted, for whatever reason

The way I read it is one dead, one missing. That situation often doesn't end well.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, radiochaser said:

Perhaps his parents were hoping he wouldn't find his way back to his US home.

Off topic and lengthy post about 

"B-52s were still flying regular strikes, including on the HCM Trail in Lao (and Cambo)"

& other off topic ramblings has been removed. For the second time!

The topic of this discussion is:

British boy, 16, is found dead with head wounds in a Thai forest: Police hunt for teenager's missing girlfriend

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

The way I read it is one dead, one missing. That situation often doesn't end well.

from what i just saw on the news it appears that the police have arrested a guy who has confessed to killing the boy but denies killing the girl , claiming he never saw her

• Thumbs Up 1