Crackdown on foreign tourism abuses with police in hotspots targeting Chinese and Russian gangs

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The moves are also being accompanied by a renewed crackdown and tightening of regulations in the visa regime.

Pah, they have made what used to be a straightforward procedure, the extending of a tourist entry, into a chore and money making opportunity with the TM30 nonsense!

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Stop all extensions.

Certainly the BS ones, like ED visas and retirement extensions obtained without the listed requirements, fake marriages too. My comment wrt tourist entries, was more to whine how the welcoming holiday country the place once was, is becoming  less welcoming. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Most of them are under 50 years old and are buying ED visas from schools in Phuket. Start cracking down on the schools to eradicate this illegal business.

Yes agree.

But also get the bent immigration officers involved in it,

as well. 

• Like 1

Make ED visas a max of 6 months unless you're enrolling in an accredited university. Suddenly nobody will be very interested in pretending to learn Thai and the Russian population suddenly declines.

Edited by Karma80
  • Like 1

Who issues the licences to these companies in the first place?

And who fronts them during that process?

Thailand makes of itself the perfect environment for rats (domestic and foreign).......and then blames the rats for making the most of it.

That, like it or not, is the real "reputation" of Thailand.

Hub of self-delusion.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Pah, they have made what used to be a straightforward procedure, the extending of a tourist entry, into a chore and money making opportunity with the TM30 nonsense!

I did my TM30 myself, it cost me nothing but time.

what is the money making opportunity ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Certainly the BS ones, like ED visas and retirement extensions obtained without the listed requirements, fake marriages too. My comment wrt tourist entries, was more to whine how the welcoming holiday country the place once was, is becoming  less welcoming. 

Ban the agents as well.

• Thumbs Up 1