Russian Rider Dies after a Motorbike Crash in Kata, Phuket

webfact

image.jpeg

PHOTO: Bank Pongpan Nakwanit

By Goongnang Suksawat

Kata, Phuket-A Russian rider died after a motorbike crash in Kata, Mueang Phuket.

Emergency responders arrived at the scene to find the damaged motorbike.

The body of the rider was found at the scene and identified by the rescue team as a Russian national.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2023/05/08/russian-rider-dies-after-a-motorbike-crash-in-kata-phuket/

image.jpeg
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2023-05-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 1

Are the police finding it a challenge to determine the exact cause of the accident? The most important detail of every investigation and media report is to determine the nationality of the deceased.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Are the police finding it a challenge to determine the exact cause of the accident? The most important detail of every investigation and media report is to determine the nationality of the deceased.

It's all their 'expertise' is capable of, unfortunately.

• Like 1

Just sad, I can't count the number of times I have either witnessed the aftermath (2nd Rd. Jomtien decapitation of a Russian on a rice rocket 2013) read or heard about Russians dying by big bike. The 2nd road Jomtien collision was particularly gruesome as pieces of his body were strewn about.

It's a tragic fact, but this guy is just one in the endless parade of tourists in Thailand dying on motorbikes or big bikes.

I hate to say it but Thailand is a place where Darwinism and survival of the fittest is quite operative.

Edited by likerdup1
  • Like 1

A couple of months ago I was riding along the beachfront in Kata on my little 110 cc wave and a big bike blasted past me Deff European. He only had a pair of shorts n flip flops on. I thought you won't last long.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

A couple of months ago I was riding along the beachfront in Kata on my little 110 cc wave and a big bike blasted past me Deff European. He only had a pair of shorts n flip flops on. I thought you won't last long.

Oh.

• Haha 1

Other countries take steps to minimise tourist deaths.  In Bagan (Myanmar) tourists can only hire electric motorcycles (maximum speed maybe 40 kph) and in Luang Prabang (Laos) the same is actively encouraged.

15 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

How long did he last?

Enough is enough. When will the Thai government learn? Stop allowing tourists or Thais to ride without driving licenses or without helmets and no more than 1 pilion on a motorbike. So easy to start prosecuting the shops that are renting tourists motorbikes that have left their brains at the airport. Stop renting motorbikes. Start prosecuting. We should never hear of a tourist laying in hospital with massive bills as the shop should be adequately insured. Other countries manage this why not Thailand?

A fully insured Rider, full license holder, not a lot of good, if you decide to jump on a bike without good clothing, doesn't need to be leathers just adequate jeans and a jacket and of course, a decent helmet, believe me, you do not want to slide down the road with a bare chest like this idiot i saw in kata.

40 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

A fully insured Rider, full license holder, not a lot of good, if you decide to jump on a bike without good clothing, doesn't need to be leathers just adequate jeans and a jacket and of course, a decent helmet, believe me, you do not want to slide down the road with a bare chest like this idiot i saw in kata.

I see many poo ying riding half naked on a bike around Rawai, If they come off they would be standing there naked, 

• Haha 1