Another stamp which needs explanation

Well, I finally I have succeeded to make it through Nongkhai immigration. No visa from the the Thai embassy was used. Some humiliating procedures later (like multiple photos of myself with the dollar banknotes in my hands) and voila - I am back to the land of 45 degrees weather.

Now, I have also presented an onward ticket back to my country on the 6 of June. The stamp  which I was given is exactly until that day. And the stamp does not look like a normal visa free entry stamp to me. Here I post it and want to know if I will be able to prolong it for one more additional month at the immigration?

64592A4D-A863-4861-ABD2-3645F9897EF5.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks like visa exempt to me minus 1 day which could depend on your arrival time, or the IO has coordinated with your outward flight date.
Whether or not you can extend or not, will probably depend on your history and amount of land crossings per year.
If you are one of those who lives here on free visas instead of the appropriate long-term visa to do so, then your extension may be denied.
For an accurate answer, contact the immigration office concerned.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Day 1" is your day of arrival so you really only get stamped for 29 days on a "30-day" visa exemption ???? 

It's just a different style of entry stamp, not all are the same.

• Thumbs Up 1

You will almost certainly have no problem with the 30-day extension.

I wonder if you would mind expanding on your experience at Thai immigration entering at Nong Khai. It does seem that things have changed, and it would be useful to know what can be expected going forward. Some relevant factors that would be great to include:

• your age;
  • your history of stays in Thailand over the last couple of years;
  • questions asked by the officials, and whether the questioning was polite or aggressive;
  • did officials suggest you would be denied visa exempt entry in the future?

Many thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This stamp is exactly the same as what I've received in BKK since Jan 2022. Before that were all square stamps (last in Nov 2019 as covid stopped me coming)

You've also been stamped in for the correct 30 day visa exempt time as entry and departure day are counted in the 30 days, so Extension will be as per normal process

(My same stamp below, but for the temp 45 day entry)

20230509_100239.jpg

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

You will almost certainly have no problem with the 30-day extension

OP is an Israeli passport holder.

Rules and regulation differ according to nationality.

Edited by DrJoy

5 hours ago, JWNZ said:

Looks like visa exempt to me minus 1 day which could depend on your arrival time, or the IO has coordinated with your outward flight date.

Nope, IO was spot on. 8th of May plus 30 complete days = 6th of June.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DrJoy said:

OP is an Israeli passport holder.

Rules and regulation differ according to nationality.

Israeli citizens receive visa exempt entry under the regular visa exemption scheme. All those who enter under this scheme are eligible for the 30-day extension. Although, technically, all extensions are at the discretion of the immigration officials, the 30-day extension of a visa exempt entry has virtually never been denied. I can recall only two cases in the last 20 years (most likely when someone seriously annoyed the officials).

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BritTim said:

I wonder if you would mind expanding on your experience at Thai immigration entering at Nong Khai. It does seem that things have changed, and it would be useful to know what can be expected going forward. Some relevant factors that would be great to include:

• your age;
  • questions asked by the officials, and whether the questioning was polite or aggressive;

Many thanks.

11 hours ago, BritTim said:

• your age;

Many thanks.

I will reply you later in personal messenger

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

13 hours ago, BritTim said:

• your age;

Many thanks.

You can find my story and background in the other thread of mine in this section of the forum (“the meaning of the stamp”). I am in my late forties. The officials were quite aggressive in the beginning (as much as Thai people can be aggressive). The entry denial stamp I got back in December on the Cambodian border was the real reason for my troubles.  Luckily, boss-woman turned out to be a positive person at the end which definitely decided my case. I presented the money, onward ticket and hotel booking which eventually satisfied her. She told me to get a visa next time.

Edited by Father of Godfahter