Thai schools to re-introduce disease precautions as Covid cases rise

webfact

1 minute ago, stoner said:

covid is such a non burger in persons aged 0-19 it only accounts for 2 percent of the total death in that bracket.

You neglected the following from the same source:

"Findings  Among children and young people aged 0 to 19 years in the US, COVID-19 ranked eighth among all causes of deaths, fifth in disease-related causes of deaths (excluding unintentional injuries, assault, and suicide), and first in deaths caused by infectious or respiratory diseases."

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You neglected the following from the same source:

"Findings  Among children and young people aged 0 to 19 years in the US, COVID-19 ranked eighth among all causes of deaths, fifth in disease-related causes of deaths (excluding unintentional injuries, assault, and suicide), and first in deaths caused by infectious or respiratory diseases."

none of that is relevant. 

covid makes up 2 percent of deaths among 0-19 year olds. fact. 

Here's the full chart... COVID deaths among infants and young people in the U.S. were almost double the rate of deaths from influenza and pneumonia during the period of the study, August 2021 through July 2022.

Non-disease causes like birth defects, accidents, suicides and assaults top the list of causes. COVID still killed 800+ young people in the U.S. during the year studied.

Screenshot_8.jpg.97c1e1d86ca1d39ea40165f27ba14689.jpg

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2800816

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Puccini said:

Why, exactly, are you damning the WHO or exhorting the readers of your post to do so?

WHO-International flights can continue. Have you forgotten how covid was allowed to spread globally. The US and Australia had shut their borders whilst the WHO was saying international flights should continue.

15 hours ago, Snugs08 said:

The NHS is sending out messages? Which message did you receive - one for over 75? or 5 and under with a weakened immune system?

It actually says '5 or over' in the part you copied and here. 

• Thanks 2

An inflammatory personal attack making a statement that Thailand is a failed society because of weak minded parents has been removed.

9. You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages. You will respect other members and post in a civil manner. Personal attacks, insults or hate speech posted on the forum or sent by private message are not allowed.

• Like 1

Talking with the 80 year old neighbors wife this morning, her husband is in the hospital with Covid as of yesterday, having breathing troubles.

Last weekened over the holiday they were visited by the grandkids ages 6 and 7, and who the parents thought jyst had colds. Looks like they transmitted the virus to poor grandpa. All were tested yesterday, grandkids positive for covid as well as there parents, neighbors wife negative, but since the kids visited us she wanted us to know.  Sigh.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

It actually says '5 or over' in the part you copied and here. 

Original point stands,  point being the NHS is not mass messaging the larger community to get boosters despite what the person originally claimed, it now only suggested for a very limited % of the community - for those with weakened immune systems over 5 years old, and those over 75. NHS acting with common sense, not like the vaccine drives in maskland, I know some people (healthy middle aged) have had 4 boosters - insane..

Edited by Snugs08
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Snugs08 said:

I know some people (healthy middle aged) have had 4 boosters - insane..

Worrying so much about what other people believe and do is insane. We all have to make our own minds up. 

6 minutes ago, Snugs08 said:

Original point stands,  point being the NHS is not mass messaging the larger community to get boosters despite what the person originally claimed, it now only suggested for a very limited % of the community - for those with weakened immune systems over 5 years old, and those over 75. NHS acting with common sense, not like the vaccine drives in maskland, I know some people (healthy middle aged) have had 4 boosters - insane..

Yet they are still concerned enough to keep the programs up and running despite what you folks claim is over.  Covid is not over, endemic yes, but over not in the eyes of many in the medical profession, which includes my daughter and her partner..

21 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yet they are still concerned enough to keep the programs up and running despite what you folks claim is over.  Covid is not over, endemic yes, but over not in the eyes of many in the medical profession, which includes my daughter and her partner..

Covid will never be over, but it will be something like many other diseases....Dengue Fever is horrible...many die or limbs get amputated.....No one care

A troll post discussion other members has been removed. Continue and your posting rights will be suspended.

11. You will not troll or stalk other members by misusing forum posts, private messages, reactions, emojis or by any other means.

31. You will not publicly discuss other members or post any member's personal information including but not limited to emails, social media messages, private messages, photos or website details. Contact information is permitted in the Jobs Offers and Jobs Wanted sections, but for the privacy and security of our members we strongly urge the use of the private message function rather the posting of personal contact information.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2023 at 1:06 AM, dinsdale said:

WHO-International flights can continue. Have you forgotten how covid was allowed to spread globally. The US and Australia had shut their borders whilst the WHO was saying international flights should continue.

Do I understand correctly that in the context of this topic (see topic title and first post with the news article) you are damning the WHO because it has not issued a recommendation that international flights should be discontinued?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, rabang said:

I fail to see any hope for Thailand, it will be the land of masks for the foreseeable future.

I guess you are right, but there are exceptions. I am in Patong beach now, nobody is wearing these dirty masks, I would say people do not like to follow this covid nonsense any more and prefer to have an pleasant, normal life. maybe I saw 10 mask junkies in 5 days.

there is still hope some normality will return. I am scared to return to the middle ages Isaan city Korat. I have my girlfriend there.

16 minutes ago, luckyblock token said:

I guess you are right, but there are exceptions. I am in Patong beach now, nobody is wearing these dirty masks, I would say people do not like to follow this covid nonsense any more and prefer to have an pleasant, normal life. maybe I saw 10 mask junkies in 5 days.

there is still hope some normality will return. I am scared to return to the middle ages Isaan city Korat. I have my girlfriend there.

Another mask nagging post......

I was in Pattaya, very few wearing masks......

None wearing dirty ones that I could see.

Covid killed nearly 7 million, far from nonsense.

Mask wearers are not necessarily junkies...no relationship I can think of.

Korat is a typical Thai City, too much traffic.. Don't be scared.

On 5/10/2023 at 6:51 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Talking with the 80 year old neighbors wife this morning, her husband is in the hospital with Covid as of yesterday, having breathing troubles.

Last weekened over the holiday they were visited by the grandkids ages 6 and 7, and who the parents thought jyst had colds. Looks like they transmitted the virus to poor grandpa. All were tested yesterday, grandkids positive for covid as well as there parents, neighbors wife negative, but since the kids visited us she wanted us to know.  Sigh.

Is there a real point to this story? Replace the word virus with rhinovirus, coronavirus, flu or cold. At 80 years old, anything can knock you out if your immune system is not as sharp as it once was.

45 minutes ago, Sunderland said:

Is there a real point to this story? Replace the word virus with rhinovirus, coronavirus, flu or cold. At 80 years old, anything can knock you out if your immune system is not as sharp as it once was.

The mans a Triathlete and at his age is in better shape than many 20 year olds.  The point of the story is the kids infected him on a visit with Covid.  So your view is unwarranted, as he could have been 30 and still infected. Ergo why the precautions in schools should still be undertaken as the OP says.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Ergo why the precautions in schools should still be undertaken as the OP says.

Madness.

I can still see school children being told to mask up far into the future in Thailand while the rest of the world has moved on a long time ago.

Edited by rabang
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, rabang said:

Madness.

I can still see school children being told to mask up far into the future in Thailand while the rest of the world has moved on a long time ago.

And I don't see that happening at all.

• Like 1