A few noob questions I just want to confirm

1 hour ago, Heythereguys said:

Since I am not in my home country I cannot do the e visa right?

Sorry. When I said you'd need to be in your home country, that is a specific requirement for the multiple entry tourist visa.

I don't know if the evisa system itself has any stipulations that you must apply from your home country. I suspect not, and you should therefore be able to apply for a single entity tourist visa online if you're in a country that supports the evisa system. Hopefully somebody else can confirm?

Edited by JayClay

19 minutes ago, JayClay said:

Sorry. When I said you'd need to be in your home country, that is a specific requirement for the multiple entry tourist visa.

I don't know if the evisa system itself has any stipulations that you must apply from your home country. I suspect not, and you should therefore be able to apply for a single entity tourist visa online if you're in a country that supports the evisa system. Hopefully somebody else can confirm?

AFAIK he can, yes.

60 + 30 on a standard tourist visa seems a reasonable option for him free of any uncertainty  or return flight booking requirement.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Heythereguys said:

I am now thinking that doing the 60 + 30 tourist visa is my best option, but I am not sure if I can

Since I am not in my home country I cannot do the e visa right? If I am an American in a European country can I go to the Thai consulate in this city and apply in person? Or is it not possible here? Sorry to be annoying

A couple of embassies (including the UK) have made clear that to make an e-visa application through them you must

1. be a citizen of, or have a right of abode, in the country where you are making the application; and
  2. you must be physically present within the country at the time of the application.

At the time the e-visa system was first introduced a few people did successfully use it without being in home country. However, that is open to obvious abuses, and official statements now state that it is forbidden.

If you make an application, there is a chance it might slip through, but you are not supposed to do that.

Outside of countries close to Thailand, I do not think there are any embassies/consulates left that will accept visa applications for anyone other than that country's citizens (or those with right of abode).

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/13/2023 at 10:07 PM, KannikaP said:

That depends on which of the many sites Mr G comes up with, that YOU click on.

First let me address what we were just discussing, I am pretty sure that I just wasted an hour filling out all that paperwork Thai makes you do (so much more than the countries I have been in recently, like 5x as much as some places)

I am pretty sure it was letting me know that if I didn't have some sort of German residency (which I dont) that what I just did was all for nothing, but we will see

Now to address the troll (because I am tilted over wasting an hour, otherwise I would let this slide)

Considering I have spent the last 7 years building and running 35+ websites I think I have a pretty decent grasp on this whole interwebs thing

If you don't think Googs search results have fallen off after the past few years you aren't paying attention

A couple of off the top of my head recent examples, Googling 'how many days is 90 days from April 7th' and being told August 11th  (they gave me the business days without stating it was business days and when I hadn't asked for business days)

And searching about when a festival in Birmingham, UK was and having the featured snippet give me the answer for when a similar festival in Toronto was

I could go on, as could anyone who has used their search a lot recently

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/9/2023 at 2:40 PM, London Lowf said:

Incorrect - my last trip was from 15th Jan to 29th Mar this year and that was the only ticket that I provided for my e-Visa. I had also done a similar long trip just as Thailand re-opened after Covid.

I was asked for a forward ticket from a schengen country in Switzerland with an USA passport .

Edited by CartagenaWarlock

16 minutes ago, Heythereguys said:

First let me address what we were just discussing, I am pretty sure that I just wasted an hour filling out all that paperwork Thai makes you do (so much more than the countries I have been in recently, like 5x as much as some places)

I am pretty sure it was letting me know that if I didn't have some sort of German residency (which I dont) that what I just did was all for nothing, but we will see

Now to address the troll (because I am tilted over wasting an hour, otherwise I would let this slide)

Considering I have spent the last 7 years building and running 35+ websites I think I have a pretty decent grasp on this whole interwebs thing

If you don't think Googs search results have fallen off after the past few years you aren't paying attention

A couple of off the top of my head recent examples, Googling 'how many days is 90 days from April 7th' and being told August 11th  (they gave me the business days without stating it was business days and when I hadn't asked for business days)

And searching about when a festival in Birmingham, UK was and having the featured snippet give me the answer for when a similar festival in Toronto was

I could go on, as could anyone who has used their search a lot recently

Nah.. Bit touchy for an ace website guru, go with newbie! ????

28 minutes ago, Heythereguys said:

For a website guru you aren't paying attention.
I think most people know that normally the first 4 or so answers are sponsored sites so are to be dismissed. 
Be more patient and read a little further down. The first few actually state they are referring to business days so you should dismiss them. Under that is the answer you're looking for ..... I personally think that Giggle has improved by giving me more options to answers on general questions.

You sound just like my impatient Canadian neighbour!

Chill petal.433039138_Screenshot2023-05-15175238.jpg.fb03481382b7630840ddde1de0548bd9.jpg   

• Like 2

Those aren't ads mate, google tells you when it is an ad

Even if that is an ad, if you think its good practice to have the answers that everyone is going to look at be incorrect then we have a different opinion on this

And you can clearly see why I no longer take google search results at face value, thanks for adding the screenshot to prove my point

Anyways... sorry I shouldnt have let the troll sidetrack us... am I supposed to be paying for this e-visa now? I can't tell if I am done with the process, or if the process is waiting to start once I pay

Considering how it kept saying I needed German residence which I don't have I don't really want to pay when they say no refunds

Should have just saved myself the hour and gone to the consulate

• Haha 1

Got my answer already when they replied to my email, yup wasted an hour... 

You can apply for a visa with us if you have the resident Certificate from German Government (must be valid for no more than 6 months)

In case If you have the resident Certificate from German Government.

you can send your visa application online via the webpage: www.thaievisa.go.th 

Edited by Pink Mist