Jury finds Donald Trump sexually abused E. Jean Carroll in civil case

Scott

2 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Well excu-u-use me. * You're the one who wants to make this personal.

Like for someone who is anti-Trump I'm not sufficiently anti-Trump.

* Cue John Belushi

If you feel you wish to introduce your voting record into discussion that is your decision.

It doesn’t mandate I or anyone else must do so.

Who I vote for and which candidates/parties I donate to is a piece of information I choose not share.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

This kind of speculation is precisely why I choose to keep my voting out of discussion.

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If you feel you wish to introduce your voting record into discussion that is your decision.

It doesn’t mandate I or anyone else must do so.

Who I vote for and which candidates/parties I donate to is a piece of information I choose not share.

You can ponder as many probables as you need to fill your day wish, but you’ll never know. 

You are right. As a Florida resident (at least while my Mother was alive) , I only mentioned that as you were questioning my bona fides as an anti-Trumper.

But you will maybe still insist, if I ever try to explain via sources and rarely my own verbiage, the Trump legal position, I am rooting for Trump.

And I've heard that Man-of-Mystery line of yours before.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

You are right. As a Florida resident (at least while my Mother was alive) , I only mentioned that as you were questioning my bona fides as an anti-Trumper.

But you will maybe still insist, if I ever try to explain via sources and rarely my own verbiage, the Trump legal position, I am rooting for Trump.

And I've heard that Man-of-Mystery line of yours before.

I judge others on their posting record, not what they later claim.

My view is you constantly present pro-Trump legal arguments.

Others, I am sure, have their own view.

• Haha 1

I don't care what is your view or anyone else's. I look at that case like I am on Court TV. There are certainly the anti-Trumpers and then there are the MAGA 'it's all a witch hunt' gang.

I actually look at the docket.  I have done that since the 1980's when you actually had to sit in a law library and go through the stacks. Oil & gas stuff then.

• Like 1

From yesterday's court case it seems Trump cannot remember when he was married to his first wife, Ivana.

She was the one who in their divorce case brought a "rape" charge against him.

He also cannot remember what years he was married to his second wife Marla, along with what she looks like, after mistaking Carroll for Marla in a photograph.

Seems paradoxical that one of his main defence arguments is that Carroll cannot remember the exact date of the 'rape'.

He himself cannot recall long past events yet he continuously attacks Carroll for the same reason.

Moreover, it’s not uncommon for people to forget, especially when it comes to traumatic events like rape.

Previously, Trump had also attacked Christine Blasey Ford after she could not remember certain details when she was a witness in the Senate hearing against Brett Kavanaugh for his alleged sexual assault.

An expert talking about PTSD or trauma 'cautions against dismissing a sexual assault survivor’s credibility because they can’t remember every single detail of an alleged attack.'

'Would you say this about a soldier who is having difficulty reporting what happened when his buddy got killed in that firefight?'

Donald Trump Messes Up His Marriage Details in Testimony (newsweek.com)

Trump’s Attack Against Christine Blasey Ford Mischaracterizes How Memory Works, Experts Say

Edited by LosLobo

1 hour ago, Purdey said:

I guess Trump already paved the way for this verdict when he boasted how easy it is to grab 'em by the p*ssy. He let people know what an old goat he is.

Did Trump really say that ?

How come that no one has ever mentioned that before ?

Why did you get your info from ?

We have a World exclusive here 

• Confused 2

20 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Moreover, it’s not uncommon for people to forget, especially when it comes to traumatic events like rape.

So then how come two professional journalists like Carol Martin and Lisa Birnbach also could not remember the date -- what was their trauma?

Edited by jerrymahoney

4 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

So then how come two professional journalists like Carol Martin and Lisa Birnbach also could not remember the date -- what was their trauma?

It’s important to note that memory, especially in the context of traumatic events or events that happened a long time ago, can be complex and is not always precise.

This applies to everyone, including Trump, Carroll, Carol Martin, Lisa Birnbach, and Christine Blasey Ford.

Trump had difficulty remembering details about his first two marriages.

Similarly, Carroll, Carol Martin, and Lisa Birnbach could not remember the exact date of the incident involving Trump. 

This doesn’t necessarily indicate trauma on the part of Martin and Birnbach, but rather the natural fallibility of human memory.

As for Christine Blasey Ford, it’s been noted that Trump made a series of false statements about her testimony. Experts have stated that Ford’s account of memory during the event was accurate.

Regardless of the above, that is all about the jury verdict in the NY State Assault victims case in Ms. Carroll's favor. Water under the bridge.

There is an appeal now in the first level NY State Court of appeals and that no-date may not even figure in Trump's appeal.

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You don't read? I gave you the links.

• Haha 1

You really must not comment without checking

Transcripted! https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/us/donald-trump-tape-transcript.html

Learn to read before commenting

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_Access_Hollywood_tape

https://www.vox.com/2016/10/7/13205842/trump-secret-recording-women

https://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/10/07/donald_trump_2005_tape_i_grab_women_by_the_pussy.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN1CB2EK/

Listen for yourself

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Purdey said:

You don't read? I gave you the links.

It was sarcasm . 

He said it 20 years ago and barely a day goes by without someone quoting him on that .

People quote him on that , thinking they are bringing something new to the discussion , but it something that everyone knows and they are just being repetitive 

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

It was sarcasm . 

He said it 20 years ago and barely a day goes by without someone quoting him on that .

People quote him on that , thinking they are bringing something new to the discussion , but it something that everyone knows and they are just being repetitive 

It wasn't sarcasm as it happened in 2016 - not 20 years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Purdey said:

It wasn't sarcasm as it happened in 2016 - not 20 years ago. 

From the Wikipedia link above:

On October 7, 2016, one month before the United States presidential election, The Washington Post published a video and accompanying article about then-presidential candidate Donald Trump and television host Billy Bush having "an extremely lewd conversation about women" in September 2005.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I judge others on their posting record, not what they later claim.

My view is you constantly present pro-Trump legal arguments.

Others, I am sure, have their own view.

I do have other views.

He is posting factual, you're posting opinion mixed with facts. And when he posts an opinion it is clear he's not supporting trump. I'd say moderate democrat, like Biden, but that's speculation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

How much should the jury hit Trump with punitive damages so he won't defame Ms. Carroll again?

I don't believe that the law should be used to silence people , especially when its quite possible that they have faced a miscarriage of justice and they want to clear their  name

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

How much should the jury hit Trump with punitive damages so he won't defame Ms. Carroll again?

It has to hurt. Giuliani was hit with a huge amount because he wouldn't shut up. I saw an argument that it has to be calculated on reputational harm done but it's hard to see the Georgia vote workers suffered reputational harm to the value they were awarded.

• Like 1

I don't believe that the law should be used to silence people , especially when its quite possible that they have faced a miscarriage of justice and they want to clear their  name

You seem unclear on the concept.

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

As for punitive damages, I have no idea what the jury will decide, but I would go with $30 million: low enough for Trump to pay, but high enough that Trump would think twice about further defamation.

Who are you talking to ?

21 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Isnt the concept that Trumps political opposition are trying to silence him ?

No.

Trump sexually assaulted and won't stop insulting her publicly. He can't stop, because he is obsessed.

The hope is that financial penalties will make Trump stop.

If you think that Trump's enemies are behind this, great, all Trump has to do is stop blabbering about her and he wins.

Except he can't.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

No.

Trump sexually assaulted and won't stop insulting her publicly. He can't stop, because he is obsessed.

LOL, you accusing others of being obsessed .

Is there another person who is constantly on your mind and you keep talking about him ?