Psychiatrists in Thailand?

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe you know what you are looking for. But many people confuse psychiatrists and psychologists.

Better confirm if you look for a psychiatrist or psychologist.

As above and assuming you mean pyschiatrist please specify type of problem as they have sub specialties.

Thailand has a severe shortage of mental health professionals but there are a few  good ones in Bangkok.  Expensive though.

There are a small number of government pysch hospitals which cost much less but are crowded. 

Just now, kingofallasians said:

Psychiatrist as in able to prescribe pills.

Hopefully English speaking and trained in Western Medicine as well.

There are some in Bangkok but again,they have subspecialties so I need to know type of problem. If not comfortable posting it  send me a PM. 

2 hours ago, kingofallasians said:

Any suggestions for Chiang Mai?

Any number of psychaitrists there  -- and a government psych hospital -- but few if any who trained and worked in a Western country.

With psychiatry in particular this is very important.  Cultural differences can seriously impede diagnosis.

I suggest you stick to the western trained psychiatrist I recommended by PM. You will not find anyone of her caliber upcountry.

Note that the air in Chiang Mai is unbreathable (literally the worst air pollution in the world) for a couple of  months a year. So even if you choose to live there should plan on traveling at least once a year for a couple of months.