Musk names NBCUniversal's Linda Yaccarino Twitter CEO

onthedarkside

image.png.76d73556048cff403f9e4aadda22a0b1.png

Elon Musk has hired former NBCUniversal executive Linda Yaccarino as the next Twitter CEO.

"I am excited to welcome Linda Yaccarino as the new CEO of Twitter," Musk, the current Twitter CEO, tweeted Friday. "@LindaYacc will focus primarily on business operations, while I focus on product design & new technology.

Looking forward to working with Linda to transform this platform into X, the everything app."

READ MORE

https://finance.yahoo.com/musk-names-nbcuniversals-linda-yaccarino-twitter-ceo-162404429.html

image.png.aabacac6f3a9544d1c7c324059cb08ad.png

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, bendejo said:

Ominous.

When these SiliValley companies put a woman in CEO position good chance they know they are in bad shape, and when it goes from bad to worse it's much easier to blame a woman.  Hewlett-Packard sort of set the trend for this 20+ years ago.

That buffoon knows he'll never make back his investment and now he has someone to blame for his failure.  Well, with this company.

well spotted.

It’s known as ‘The Glass Cliff’ and not just Silicon Valley:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass_cliff

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s known as ‘The Glass Cliff’

To throw a little bit of irony this way in these hyper-political times, the woman who HP chose later ran for US president (Fiorina).  I don't think she ever made it to 1% in the GOP primaries.

Edited by bendejo