Pattaya City Makes Progress on Removing Old Cables on Walking Street

webfact

image.jpeg

By Adam Judd

Pattaya, Thailand-Pattaya has made significant progress on removing old cables on Walking Street that have been an eyesore for many years.

The ongoing project, which is working in sections, removes unused cables entirely and moves others that are needed underground.

This greatly improves the aesthetics of the street and also makes things safer for businesses.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/05/14/pattaya-city-makes-progress-on-removing-old-cables-on-walking-street/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-05-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, webfact said:

on Walking Street that have been an eyesore for many years

I can think of dozen other eyesores around that area that need removing, infect, it would be easier to name what IS NOT an eyesore than what it it is. 

• Like 1

What a coincidence... I was thinking of this only yesterday while looking at the incomplete ankle breaker condition of the pavement Infront of Foodland and the eyesore cables  above on the side streets. (And the abundance of litter).

Pattaya will always be scruffy. 

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

What a coincidence... I was thinking of this only yesterday while looking at the incomplete ankle breaker condition of the pavement Infront of Foodland and the eyesore cables  above on the side streets. (And the abundance of litter).

Whatever. I am going back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Scruffy... hmmmm

4 hours ago, webfact said:

removes unused cables entirely

Well not entirely; tons of plastic left lying around for weeks after cables are cut to the ground; occasionally followed by choking fumes from mysterious fires that spontaneously combust during the night.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mikebell said:

Well not entirely; tons of plastic left lying around for weeks after cables are cut to the ground; occasionally followed by choking fumes from mysterious fires that spontaneously combust during the night.

Burning off the cable covering (plastic/rubber) to get at the scrap metal - copper in particular??

7 hours ago, skorp13 said:

I will miss the old cables, was part of the 3rd world charm. If you want to fly 3,000 miles to be like you're in Miami, just go to Miami

Well I suppose so, but if you want to fly 3000 miles to be in scruffy dirty place there is always Calcutta!

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Burning off the cable covering (plastic/rubber) to get at the scrap metal - copper in particular??

I presume so.  Or just laziness.  Either way it adds to Thailand's haze problem.

• Thanks 1