Thai females average weight now 63kg!!!!

Just now, bignok said:

Seem plenty of fat europeans. Lived to 92 to 99.

Probably true but most likely they aren't gaining weight from unhealthy fast food and sugary drinks. Most of them likely eat a healthy diet. Just too much of it. The Mediterranean diet is well known and very healthy. Also, a person's genes plays into it. 

When you introduce greasy hamburgers and greasy, salty French fries and sugary drinks to a culture used to rice, beans, fish, pork and water they will gain unhealthy weight. 

1 minute ago, HuskerDo2 said:

Probably true but most likely they aren't gaining weight from unhealthy fast food and sugary drinks. Most of them likely eat a healthy diet. Just too much of it. The Mediterranean diet is well known and very healthy. Also, a person's genes plays into it. 

When you introduce greasy hamburgers and greasy, salty French fries and sugary drinks to a culture used to rice, beans, fish, pork and water they will gain unhealthy weight. 

European food is full of sugar and pastries. The missing thing is trans fat.

Just now, bignok said:

European food is full of sugar and pastries. The missing thing is trans fat.

There are pasteries everywhere and unless you make them the main course everyday a person will be fine. Lack of trans fats is a huge plus. The Mediterranean diet I refer to includes the following. Very healthy....

• Lots of vegetables, fruit, beans, lentils and nuts.
  • Lots of whole grains, like whole-wheat bread and brown rice.
  • Plenty of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) as a source of healthy fat.
  • A moderate amount of fish, especially fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
  • A moderate amount of cheese and yogurt.
  • Little or no meat, choosing poultry instead of red meat.
  • Little or no sweets, sugary drinks or butter.
  • A moderate amount of wine with meals 

51 minutes ago, bignok said:

The study would produce a different result if you eliminated drug addicts and people chronically ill or dying.  It is a message that sells and hence the flawed study.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, HuskerDo2 said:

There are pasteries everywhere and unless you make them the main course everyday a person will be fine. Lack of trans fats is a huge plus. The Mediterranean diet I refer to includes the following. Very healthy....

Why is red meat bad?

Why is grain good?

I would say the opposite

6 minutes ago, atpeace said:

The study would produce a different result if you eliminated drug addicts and people chronically ill or dying.  It is a message that sells and hence the flawed study.

All studies are limited. Drug addicts are rare.

Edited by bignok

4 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

The researchers found that the consumption of energy from carbohydrate crops (grains and tubers) does not lead to greater life expectancy, and that total meat consumption correlates to greater life expectancy, independent of the competing effects of total calories intake, economic affluence, urban advantages, and obesity.

https://www.sci.news/medicine/meat-consumption-life-expectancy-10577.html

1 hour ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

I think people here eat a lot more meat (pork) than they used to when they were poorer.

Plus, too much sugar.

Meat does not make you fat, in fact people who quit meat typically pile on the kilos as they compensate with too many carbohydrates.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

nah they were slim for generations on rice, chicken, pork etc

They never eat as much meat as they do now. In our village 7/11 arrived first last year, 90km to closest city and shopping mall

2 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Animal fat does not make you fat, that's a myth.

Sugar, sugar, sugar, it's all about the sugar, it's everywhere and it destroys the metabolism.

If you already eat enough calories, additional fat will make you fat, as well more salt gives you other additional health problems as well, more fish sauce and less hard work on the fields. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

If you already eat enough calories, additional fat will make you fat, as well more salt gives you other additional health problems as well, more fish sauce and less hard work on the fields. 

Of course, I agree with that.

1 hour ago, bignok said:

The researchers found that the consumption of energy from carbohydrate crops (grains and tubers) does not lead to greater life expectancy, and that total meat consumption correlates to greater life expectancy, independent of the competing effects of total calories intake, economic affluence, urban advantages, and obesity.

https://www.sci.news/medicine/meat-consumption-life-expectancy-10577.html

This study was most likely paid for by the meat companies.

7 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

This study was most likely paid for by the meat companies.

No it was a University led study. If read up on nutrients in meat you would know it's good for you.

Edited by bignok

One of mine was 42 kg, wore mini skirts and heels all the time, thats fine..  but my dog was 45 kg, and 4 legged drive, a total run off when can... ...  I live on a steep hill and one day she wanted to take the tractor for a walk.. nooooo very bad idea....

6 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

Animal fat does not make you fat, that's a myth.

Sugar, sugar, sugar, it's all about the sugar, it's everywhere and it destroys the metabolism.

Garbage but i know people believe that. Post links to studies, not youtube

9 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Last night I was at the market in Phuket town and had some fatty fried pork which hit the spot but I do see a lot eating deep fried salty meals and snacks and other meals deep in black soy and fish sauces. That is ok in moderation but I think not as a regular thing and isn’t the same as what your talking about I think. 

Salt is OK when just added to taste. AFAIK there is no research which shows normal levels of salt in food are harmful.

I don't eat much pure fat, but I do love my cheese and yoghurt.

Sugar is the enemy when it comes to obesity and inflammation.

It's ironic people consume skim milk thinking it will help them lose weight, when in fact that portion of milk is enriched with lactose.