Thai females average weight now 63kg!!!!

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

all contain high levels of fat which people like you ignore and instead blame the sugar 

they contain bad fats ie seed oils, trans fats.

both unhealthy fats and sugar are bad for you

good fats are good for you. these are not found in junk food. 

sugar is bad for you is health 101. no one in their right mind should be promoting sugar. 

10 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

sugar is bad for you is health 101. no one in their right mind should be promoting sugar. 

Correct.

1 hour ago, save the frogs said:

Try this sugar.....It is loaded with nutrients....

https://shopee.co.th/น้ำอ้อยผง-น้ำอ้อยป่น-โบราณ-หอมหวาน-โรยหน้าเครื่องดื่มหวานชื่นใจ-ทำขนมหวาน-ประกอบอาหารอร่อย-Sugar-cane-powder-1000-gm-i.191051478.6761360839

น้ำตาลอ้อย น้ำตาลโอทึ้ง น้ำตาลแดง 1 kg | Shopee Thailand

Edited by redwood1

9 hours ago, still kicking said:

Red meat is high in saturated, unhealthy fats and energy, and so has often been focussed on as a target food for causing weight gain. Although red meat also provides valuable nutrients and is a good source of protein, it is often consumed in large quantities and can thus be a key factor in weight gain.

Red meat has nothing to do with weight gain, otherwise all keto diets would be tossed out the window. Alcohol, sugar and high carbohydrates all cause weight gain. Where do you think the expression "beer belly" came from?

Fat accumulates in the liver and other organs when one's metabolism is busy trying to deal with a flood of sugar and carbohydrate. It gets burned as an energy source by the liver if one eats a low carbohydrate, no sugar diet.

My proof of this is going from 93 kg to 78 kg on said diet while eating plenty of cheese, which is 35-40% fat. Admittedly I don't eat much red meat in Thailand, due to its' poor quality. I am eating plenty of red meat in Australia, and have not had any measurable weight gain. Eating even more cheese, cheap and good here.

Your post is unsupported by fact. Mine is.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, save the frogs said:

good fats will still make you fat, are you overweight? if trying to lose weight avoid good fats too

Obesity is caused by a dysfunctional metabolism. Nothing wreaks more havoc in the body than  refined sugar, preservatives, GMOs.

If the "health" authorities actually cared about people's health, all the above would be forbidden by law. 

Im 65 and still 68KG  same as I was when I was 25  ,, so slim Hansum man

My wife was 53kg when I married her 25 years ago she is 63kg now but she is 54  but she eats like a grazing elephant  but only thai food  no 7-11 junk

My Mia Noi is 55year old  she was 43kg  when I met her 18 years ago she is now 336 kg which is under weight now has body of 14 year old girl or an Auschwitz survivor !!!!  she does not have cancer or worms   ha ha  and she eats like a horse

a fat mate of mine in UK was 232kg 2 years ago but he is now a Hansum slim 92kg  by will power and  a rigid 600 calorie a day diet he is 62

a lot of thai women eating too much crap and not exercising , but not as bad as UK.

Edited by liddelljohn

On 5/15/2023 at 6:41 PM, torturedsole said:

My wife and I visited Lao in 2011 and the residents didn't appear to be the happiest nation on earth and I can't blame them.

I'm glad we visited to see the other side of the river, but won't be going back. 

Blame it on the commies. Actually, most people who visit seem to really like the place. 

26 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Obesity is caused by a dysfunctional metabolism. Nothing wreaks more havoc in the body than  refined sugar, preservatives, GMOs.

If the "health" authorities actually cared about people's health, all the above would be forbidden by law. 

plenty of people eat sugar without getting obese, howabout obese people controlling themselves?

22 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

plenty of people eat sugar without getting obese, howabout obese people controlling themselves?

Obese people can't control themselves, that's like asking a crackhead to control oneself.

The drug manufacturing and distribution processes have to be eliminated.

I didn't read every post but skimming through the 7 pages so far I didn't realize that there were so many nutrition experts within the AN members.

Now I would have to ask, how many have/had a profession in this field?

BTW, FWIW, I prefer a 'spinner' which in my definition is a significant other that weighs less than 46kg. 

23 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Obese people can't control themselves, that's like asking a crackhead to control oneself.

The drug manufacturing and distribution processes have to be eliminated.

they need to teach self discipline to everyone at school, for food, drink, drugs etc

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

What's your self discipline like? able to control what you eat and drink and when

can't control myself when people make mean comments, if that's what you mean - you like fat shaming people. That's pretty nasty - did you get bullied by a fat guy or do you just enjoy being a bully? 

I can not like lazy fat people who know they eat unhealthy and on top of that drink alcohol to much to often. Then you deserve critic and be called out as one without dicipline.

Chronic and mental health do tonoften play a huge role when it comes to both self control and managing a diciplined life, so there is not just black and white, even knowingly destroying their life. 

Overweight is Complicated 

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

good fats will still make you fat, are you overweight? if trying to lose weight avoid good fats too

without adequate good fats, you may be at higher risk of alzheimer's ... but i'll try to find some links to back up that claim. 

25 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

can't control myself when people make mean comments, if that's what you mean - you like fat shaming people. That's pretty nasty - did you get bullied by a fat guy or do you just enjoy being a bully? 

maybe focus on self discipline so can control what you eat and lose weight, rather than focusing on who's being mean, children say that

On 5/15/2023 at 2:06 PM, bignok said:

Does it really matter if people are fat or skinny? People live longer. 

Some developed countries have seen a slight downward trend in life expectancy (at least the US). I don't expect people to live longer eternally if they are less healthy and more unfit. Modern medicine can only go so far. Also quality of life is IMO better for those who are at least somewhat fit.

36 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

a lot of posts are supported by misinformation, of which there is a lot of.

it's hard to sift fact from misinformation. 

I can usually sift fact from misinformation on the basis of experience, training and evidence. The usual signs of misinformation are circular argument and red herrings.

"of which there is a lot of"? My English teacher just turned over in his grave.