Expat’s driveway cut off as Phuket street paving creates one metre drop

webfact

5 minutes ago, Gold Star said:

They could have installed the sewer 1 meter above grade.

SewerAboveGrade.jpg

photo caption contest on this one. ok ill start. 

guy in blue shirt - nahhhhhh....... it'll be fine. 

Edited by stoner

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Following discussions with the contractor, concrete slabs were placed as a temporary ramp to access the property. However, the arrangement remains precarious and unsafe. Masters contacted Rawai Municipality to address the issue but was met with resistance and denial of responsibility.

Welcome home.

• Love It 1

2 similar cases I know of..

1. Mrs.T's family have a large bit of roadside land split up with different houses. The gov made a new road, but it was built up by near a metre. They could not enter the land in a vehicle. The gov did nothing about it, the land now floods in the rainy season from off the higher up roadway.

2. A guy I know has a specially built entrance gate with surround and roof. Gov built a new road, raised it up, the drive before his gate was shortened to a couple of metres, now can only see the top metre of his gate from the road, I believe he was charged 150,000bht to sort something out.

3. I have about a 15 metre drive on gov land up to my gate, it seems they are going to make the road wider, I will probably lose quite a bit of the drive, will have to see what probs I will end up wiv......???? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

An off topic post and replies which hijacked the OP have been removed.  Stay on topic or else your posts will be removed without warning next time.

The OP is:

Expat’s driveway cut off as Phuket street paving creates one metre drop

That doesn't look like a one meter drop from his driveway to the "road".  Perhaps they are referring to the holes in the ground on either side of the sewer, which will eventually be filled up.  Looking into his driveway, it doesn't look like he has a car, only a motorcycle, for which the problem seems to have been resolved temporarily with the planks.  Not really newsworthy (in Thailand) IMHO.

• Like 2

On 5/17/2023 at 5:54 PM, KannikaP said:

Don't really understand. Has the entire road outside his house been LOWERED by one metre?

No but now has a moat. The longer I live here the less I'm able to wrap my head around just how confoundingly stupid (most) locals are. The overnight/morning rain has left two parallel klongs along the soi. A mere matter of time before some driver ends up in one or either. The edges of the funnel have washed away so being able to navigate the soi is almost impossible, particularly at night.

Neither of these things would aggravate so much if they hadn't had the so many days off, hence the buttock crunchingly snails pace . Even the local Thais roll their eyes and say 'Thailand!' A Thai neighbour told me they were advertising on Facebook for more workers, and this was just two weeks into the project. Perhaps an actual 'newspaper' may give them a kick up the 4rse, but I doubt it. They.Just.Don't.Care

Edited by rabiedabruce
  • Thumbs Up 1