Military-backed senators refuse to back MFP form a government

webfact

2 minutes ago, marin said:

As I posted yesterday being done as I type via social media. Line and Twitter in particular, Once the details have been gathered photos and text will be shared on FB and Instagram. These senators have absolutely no idea of the power of social media today.

Glad someone else is on the same page. Not sure how much we can do as ex-pats, but something needs to be done to tame these goons. They must be brought into line, or pay a very, very heavy price, for their absolute repudiation of democracy. They are now starting to behave like fascist goombahs. Let us attempt to show them what a very miserable life looks like!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Duh, don't even waste your energy pitchin 'bout this.

No politicians work for us, haven't ya ever learned a lesson or you choose to let history repeat itself.

Demos /Reps / people's / military's = They are all the same buttholes that produces stinky fart, just differ in faces.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Henryford said:

Fairly obvious. One of the first things Pita would do, quite rightly, is sack all the 250 Senators so there were never going to vote for him.

He (as PM) can't sack the senators.

15 hours ago, eisfeld said:

He (as PM) can't sack the senators.

Yes, i didn't mean sack in the normal sense, but reform how the Senate operates so they are probably voted in, which for those in post now amounts to the same thing.

9 hours ago, Henryford said:

Yes, i didn't mean sack in the normal sense, but reform how the Senate operates so they are probably voted in, which for those in post now amounts to the same thing.

Well any change to the powers of the Senate probably needs an amendment to the constitution and in order to amend the constitution at least a third of the Senate has to vote for it (Chapter XV, Section 256). I don't think it will be easy to make a third of the Senate approve something that strips them of their powers.

(6) voting in the third and final reading shall be by roll call and open voting,
and promulgation of the Constitution must be approved by the votes of more than one-half
of the total number of the existing members of both Houses, provided that in this number,
Members of the House of Representatives from political parties whose members do not hold
the positions of Minister, President or Vice-President of the House of Representatives must
vote for approval in the number of not less than twenty per cent of the total number of
members of all such political parties combined, and Senators comprising not less than one-
third of the total number of existing members of the Senate must vote for approval;

A main role of the Senate in Thailand is to provide a counter to the elected Hosue for better or worse. And so the House can't just go and change the Senate.

But as mentioned next year the Senate will end its term and will be filled with completely new senators. Those will not be selected by the NCPO as was the case the first time so the new Senate might act very differently. We'll have to see.

What will happen until then? Not sure really. There is a bit of an impass right now.