VPN use

pizzachang

Does anyone know offhand if I can use VPN to purchase digital download [Windows 11] ? The (amazon ) company states the don't sell outside the USA, for digital but will send a flash drive - I don't really want to wait, unless there's no other way.

• Confused 1

Additionally to above:

A long time ago there were different Windows versions per country or language. That is not the case anymore. It's all the same now. So it doesn't matter where you buy it. The language is up to you.

You like you can buy it online or offline in Thailand and it will be the same as if you would buy it in the USA.

And obviously don't download it from dubious sources including malware. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

Surely just download the ISO from Tinternet.

Already posted that in post #2, but this I only posted as an alternative if the OP wants to order from an actual store. 

Edited by MJCM

8 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

Cool, but still a lot of faffing about. 

I think using a VPN to order from a US store and have them send a USB to Thailand (as the OP was asking about) is a lot more faffing about :thumbsup:

Edited by MJCM

21 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

ou need a Windoze Product Key to activate it.

I just got Windows 11 Pro key for £9.99 emailed immediately, off ebay UK. Worked like a dream.

Edited by KannikaP

7 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

That's right, you didn't provide any useful information at all, just  pointless criticism of a valid suggestion by @MJCM.

I think that he just meant that he could install Windows 11 immediately and activate it later.

I don’t think that he was criticising MJCM, but the whole idea of the OP’s in the first place. 

Download and create installation media immediately and for free. It works without a key.  He might not even need a key in some cases. 

Edited by NextG
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, NextG said:

Download and create installation media immediately and for free. It works without a key.  

Or while downloading the ISO (5GiB I believe) order the key online, that way before the download is finished you already have the key :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, MJCM said:

Why get a USB stick from the US? You can download the ISO from the Microsoft site and burn that to a usb stick you have and then install Windows 11 that way.

A key can be bought for a couple of USD online (ebay for example)

https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows11

I must not know how to do this, as I have tried the ISO Microsoft download but never worked for me. 

2 hours ago, MJCM said:

Why get a USB stick from the US? You can download the ISO from the Microsoft site and burn that to a usb stick you have and then install Windows 11 that way.

A key can be bought for a couple of USD online (ebay for example)

https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows11

Guess I wasn't clear. I already have a non activated, free Windows 11.  I want a product key so I can activate my OS. 

5 minutes ago, pizzachang said:

Guess I wasn't clear. I already have a non activated, free Windows 11.  I want a product key so I can activate my OS. 

Ebay. you can buy a key, other sites I don’t know if I can link them

My actual question was intended  to be: Will using a VPN allow me to purchase/download a digital product key from (amazon) ? Company states they don't sell digital product keys outside the USA.

However, I appreciate all the reasonable suggestions, but wonder about the validity of internet product keys.  10 Euros seems too good to be true.

5 minutes ago, pizzachang said:

My actual question was intended  to be: Will using a VPN allow me to purchase/download a digital product key from (amazon) ? Company states they don't sell digital product keys outside the USA.

However, I appreciate all the reasonable suggestions, but wonder about the validity of internet product keys.  10 Euros seems too good to be true.

Since you already have it installed and insist on paying full price, buy it from Invade IT. What’s the rush? It will arrive in a day or two. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pizzachang said:

Microsoft sells the key for 4000+ baht and you really wonder if a key for 300 baht is legit? Clearly not legit, but they still might work though... You can also find those "discounted" keys on many other websites, ebay etc., why the focus on amazon?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Shop.aspx

With the exception of Product Key Cards (PKC’s) distributed with COA’s, Microsoft does not distribute products keys as standalone products. If you see a listing on an auction site, online classified ad, or other online page advertising product keys for sale, it’s a good indication that the keys are likely stolen or counterfeit. If you were to purchase and use a stolen or counterfeit product key to activate Windows installed on your PC, the key may not work for activation, may already be in use on another PC, or it might be blocked from use later by Microsoft when the key is reported stolen. The best way to get everything you expect up front is to buy genuine Microsoft software preinstalled on a new PC or genuine Microsoft software from an authorized reseller.

17 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

Microsoft sells the key for 4000+ baht and you really wonder if a key for 300 baht is legit? Clearly not legit, but they still might work though... You can also find those "discounted" keys on many other websites, ebay etc., why the focus on amazon?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Shop.aspx

Nice cut and paste…

How would you explain this?

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/windows-11-pro-home-64bit-eng-intl-1pk-dsp-dvd-i3679500129-s13890964704.html