Future MFP MP arrested for drink driving in Bangkok

snoop1130

Move Forward Party MP-elect Resigns After Being Arrested for Drunk Driving in Bangkok

307277335_1125277365033655_135263206612650341_n-1-696x495.jpg

The Move Forward Party party-list future member of Parliament Ms. Nateepat Kulsetthasith, 46, resigned from the party on Tuesday (May 16th) after she was arrested in Bangkok for drunk driving.

This was only one day after being elected in the Thai election on May 14th.

Ms. Nateepat told the Thai press “Last night, May 15th, I hung out with a few friends. I drank about four glasses of alcohol. After that, I drove my car though a police checkpoint. I followed what the police asked me to do in terms of a test but I called my friends to come to me before I did the alcohol breath test to be observers. This is entirely my fault and has nothing to do with the Move Forward Party. I am very sorry for the voters who have supported me. I have to take responsibility for what I have done and resign from my position.”

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/05/16/move-forward-party-mp-elect-resigns-after-being-arrested-for-drunk-driving-in-bangkok/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-05-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

At least she too full responsibility for her actions.  One wonders if she resigned on her own accord or was advised to.  We all make mistakes, and she got caught up in celebrating her win, to bad she now needs to be replaced.  The question is, will they take whoever came in second or can the MFP put someone in her place.

To the best of my knowledge as she was party list, she didn't have a constituency. So, for arguments sake if they had 40 party list MPs, whoever was in the waiting at number 41 steps up.

• Thanks 2

Move Forward party-list MP-elect given suspended jail term for drunk driving

image.jpeg

Move Forward party-list MP-elect Natheepat Kulsetthasit was sentenced by the Nonthaburi Criminal Court to two months in prison, fined 4,000 baht, ordered to undertake 12 hours of community service and banned from driving for six months this afternoon (Tuesday), after she was found guilty of drunk driving.

The imprisonment was, however, suspended for two years and she was placed on probation for one year.

Before the court’s verdict, the MP-elect announced her resignation at a press conference, held at the party’s head office, after she had been arrested last night by the police for drunk driving.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/move-forward-party-list-mp-elect-resigns-over-drunk-driving-incident/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-05-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A soon-to-be Member of Parliament from Thailand’s Move Forward Party (MFP) was arrested for drink driving in Bangkok in the early hours of the morning. Today, she apologised for her behaviour and announced her resignation from the party.

That was short lived, 

• Like 1

She should have known better and used more common sense.  
it’s not smart to drink booze and drive.  But many political candidates have done more worse things than she did.  
But she did take responsibility for her actions.  Not like some candidates or political officials for that matter. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

bet a lot of the losers drank more and then drove home !

Maybe they didn't have a target on their back or car whichever the case may be?

• Like 1

Noble of her to resign.

We've all been there and only fortunate not to have been caught - or had.

This imo hardly rises to a level that she need resign. Doubly so in Thailand for a dozen reasons.

The Thai language media reported this incident slightly different.

She got stopped, like anybody else, in a general road check and was slightly above the level of 0.5%. The police let her go without fine but her conscience and responsibility towards party and voters made her going public with this while resigning at the same time.

A very laudable while regrettable move - she removed the risk of some dirty mind who might undig this incident in the future for a smearing campaign (for which Thailand is more than known for). 

Without being able to prove it; you can take it to the bank that many more existing, past and future MPs have exceeded the 0.5% limit on alcohol and some past dinosaurs like i.e. Chalerm were certainly no strangers to the bottle ........

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

The Thai language media reported this incident slightly different.

She got stopped, like anybody else, in a general road check and was slightly above the level of 0.5%. The police let her go without fine but her conscience and responsibility towards party and voters made her going public with this while resigning at the same time.

A very laudable while regrettable move - she removed the risk of some dirty mind who might undig this incident in the future for a smearing campaign (for which Thailand is more than known for). 

Without being able to prove it; you can take it to the bank that many more existing, past and future MPs have exceeded the 0.5% limit on alcohol and some past dinosaurs like i.e. Chalerm were certainly no strangers to the bottle ........

Contrary to what I wrote yesterday, the media had a change of heart and now reports, that she has been handed down a jail sentence of two months - suspended for two years. I - for one - did not know, that the Thai courts have an overdrive but then, what does an alien know in the first place!