Chuwit Inspires 27 Million Voices Against Senators: Urges Not to Obstruct National Progress

webfact

7 minutes ago, Toolong said:

My goodness, I was recently beginning to just get annoyed by Chuwit's continuous theatrical bleating & showboating, but what he says here cancels that annoyance out at a stroke, and my regard for him has now (for the moment anyway!) U-turned upward immeasurably.

Whatever else he is, he is a man of influence and lots of media exposure. His message is the most vitally important, much-needed thing to be said at this time.

Right now, I'd even buy him a beer. Maybe two even. ????????

care to comment on the assault he committed the other day ? 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

After 20 something coups and 30+ year of watching Thai politics, the populist present elected government is as always subject to the whims of the military elite, who WILL step in, if they feel their power is diluted or the elected government doesn't serve their needs.

The only thing that has changed now that was never present in the past is, that we now have second by second social media coverage which is very powerful!

Does it have the power to limit bad actors, or is it going to be the same, the people with the guns can still run the people with the social media?    

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, MrMojoRisin said:

In your rushed and impulsive need to support the junta, you have perhaps locked in on a too narrow a definition of inspire. Inspire also means to motivate and influence - in this case, by speaking up loudly and publicly, Chuwit is doing both

I understand that claim, but there is zero evidence of that in the article.

Unless you can point to some?

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

The senators will of course bow to will of the people. ????

The ptb will already have their plans in action to ensure that the incumbents don't lose their places at the trough.

Hope I am wrong.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrMojoRisin said:

The article is the evidence.

The article is evidence of the claim made in the article?  That's very convenient.  

Can you explain how the article is evidence of 27 million voices being inspired by Chuwit?

• Confused 2

So has he been speaking out about the Senate in general, since the latest Constitution was ratified?

Most who voted for MoveForward probably think this guy is part of the problem.

With this endeavor it seems like he's jumping on a train late. That's never a good look.

IMO, he's just trying to remain relevant and remain in the pbulic eye because, well, he's vain.

He should move back to whistleblowing, police corruption.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

You don’t like free speech?

What has free speech to do with giving a idiot like this guy media attention all the time, to then discuss things that are not up to him. Free speech my ass, we would need 10,000 interviews.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

46 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

How do you navigate life in Thailand taking  everything translated into English literally?

If there is an error in translation on an English language news site, that isn't my fault.

Perhaps you can provide a more accurate translation?

You're being pedantic here because you can’t bring yourself to comment on Chuwit’s actual message. Go on, try it, I dare you…

No.  I'm pointing out that the headline makes a claim that is clearly not supported by any evidence, neither in the article, nor anywhere else.

You're being ridiculous because you don't like what I have written.

Do you think the Senators should accept the result of the election?

Can you answer?

What has that got to do with the accuracy of the headline?

So you cannot explain it?  OK.  Fair enough.  At least you can admit when you are wrong.  But in future you probably shouldn't make claims that you can in no way back up with evidence. :thumbsup:

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

What has free speech to do with giving a idiot like this guy media attention all the time, to then discuss things that are not up to him. Free speech my ass, we would need 10,000 interviews.

He wants to, fairly ironically, prevent you from criticising Chuwit, because he likes what he is saying.  As he is doing with me.

It's so funny when these nutty ideologues end up being total hypocrites and trying to silence people sharing their opinion using claims of "free speech" as a method to put them off commenting.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Do you think the Senators should accept the result of the election?

That's probably between them and the person they swore an oath to when they were installed.

According to the Constitution (Sec. 159), they have a role to play, unfortunately.