Nigel Farage: ‘Brexit has failed’

webfact

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The current gap between worker incomes and the cost of living has been growing since the Tories took office, exponentially so since Brexit.

No. Not since Brexit. The cost of living crisis has been going since the end of Covid crisis and the Russian invasion of UK. Nice try though.

Prior to Covid the UK had low inflation, low energy costs, low fuel costs, low interest rates......need I go on? No I don't. It's all on the big Ole WWW for all to see.

Just now, RayC said:

I'm sure that it was unintentional but thank you for providing further evidence to support the idea that "It is always someone else's fault".

The Tory Party which I refer to in discussion is the one which was purged of its' pro-EU MPs prior to the 2019 election, has been led by 3 pro-Brexit PMs and has had the likes of Bill Cash(!!!) and Jacob Rees-Moog in the cabinet.

Is that the same 'Remain' Conservative Party which you are thinking of?

The Conservative Party initially were in the Remain camp , David Cameroon who was P.M at the time was very much pro remain in the E.U .

One of the UKIP  ideas of Leave was to reduce immigration.

Who are responsible for U.K's immigration policies ?  

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

None of the Nordic countries has a statutory minimum wage.

The number of unemployed people in Finland is 186,000

Eurostat estimates that 13.120 million persons in the EU, of whom 11.142 million in the euro area, were unemployed in February 2023.Mar 31, 2566 BE

Finland to attract more migrant workers from Vietnam

Finland identified Brazil, India, Vietnam and Turkey as four special target countries to attract immigrants.

https://scandasia.com/finland-to-attract-more-migrant-workers-from-vietnam/

The exploitation of migrant workers and its control in the Nordic countries and beyond

https://www.nsfk.org/the-exploitation-of-migrant-workers-and-its-control-in-the-nordic-countries-and-beyond/

Finland being a member of the EU has access to 13.120 million people that currently unemployed which makes you wonder why it ignores those people and prefers to take people form Brazil, India, Vietnam and Turkey

I take it you do see the connection between no minimum wage and preferring workers from Vietnam......or is that the point you are making?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m sure you would.

But sabotaged by a Tory Government in possession of an unassailable majority?

There’s a gap between what was promised and and what was delivered.

Perhaps, and you should consider this, what was promised was a pack of lies.

There are no unicorns grazing on sunlit upland pastures.

The foundations of Brexit were a lie.

Brexit has failed, as I and many others said it would.

I do so hate saying ‘I told you so’.

Sabotaged at the outset by a Tory (May) Government with a wobbly majority.

Whatever might have been promised was by various individuals who were not in power.

Perhaps you should consider this, what actually was promised (please include unicorn references)? and what were these so-called foundations of Brexit???

Brexit has not failed - were out. It is the process of leaving that has been a shambles.

I do so hate you saying ‘I told you so’. It's so boring.

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

None of the Nordic countries has a statutory minimum wage.

The number of unemployed people in Finland is 186,000

Eurostat estimates that 13.120 million persons in the EU, of whom 11.142 million in the euro area, were unemployed in February 2023.Mar 31, 2566 BE

Finland to attract more migrant workers from Vietnam

Finland identified Brazil, India, Vietnam and Turkey as four special target countries to attract immigrants.

https://scandasia.com/finland-to-attract-more-migrant-workers-from-vietnam/

The exploitation of migrant workers and its control in the Nordic countries and beyond

https://www.nsfk.org/the-exploitation-of-migrant-workers-and-its-control-in-the-nordic-countries-and-beyond/

Finland being a member of the EU has access to 13.120 million people that currently unemployed which makes you wonder why it ignores those people and prefers to take people form Brazil, India, Vietnam and Turkey

Complete whataboutary.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Nobody, the Tories lost control of the borders.

Brexit removed the UK from the Dublin agreement and from cross border immigration controls with EU nations.

Thats the same Dublin agreement that the EU comission want to abolish

I can announce that we will abolish the Dublin Regulation and we will replace it with a new European migration governance system. It will have common structures on asylum and return and it will have a new strong solidarity mechanism," van der Leyen told European lawmakers in Brussels.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200916-dublin-rule-for-asylum-seekers-to-be-replaced-eu-s-von-der-leyen-says

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Sabotaged at the outset by a Tory (May) Government with a wobbly majority.

Whatever might have been promised was by various individuals who were not in power.

Perhaps you should consider this, what actually was promised (please include unicorn references)? and what were these so-called foundations of Brexit???

Brexit has not failed - were out. It is the process of leaving that has been a shambles.

I do so hate you saying ‘I told you so’. It's so boring.

Since you asked:

https://www.politico.eu/article/15-things-uk-vote-leave-promised-on-brexit-and-what-it-got/amp/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Thats the same Dublin agreement that the EU comission want to abolish

I can announce that we will abolish the Dublin Regulation and we will replace it with a new European migration governance system. It will have common structures on asylum and return and it will have a new strong solidarity mechanism," van der Leyen told European lawmakers in Brussels.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200916-dublin-rule-for-asylum-seekers-to-be-replaced-eu-s-von-der-leyen-says

Want to?

Still applicable within the EU?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oddly there wasn’t a plan.

Nobody on the Leave side of the argument ever presented any plan.

All arguments against Brexit were filed  under ‘Project Fear’.

And yet here it is, ‘Brexit has failed’.

Like an old, flawed 78 from a jumble sale.

2 minutes ago, candide said:

So UK won't benefit from an improved system either.

God that is so unfair, why can't they consider what the UK wants?.....selfish bar stewards......that is Europeans to a T

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The Conservative Party initially were in the Remain camp , David Cameroon who was P.M at the time was very much pro remain in the E.U .

One of the UKIP  ideas of Leave was to reduce immigration.

Who are responsible for U.K's immigration policies ?  

So 'Boy David' who left office in 2016 is still pulling the strings in the Tory Party? There's straw clutching and, then again, there's STRAW CLUTCHING.

One of the Tory Party's policies is to reduce immigration. The government is responsible for implementing Immigration policy. The Tory party are currently the party of government. 

Once again, I'm glad of your support in providing evidence to support my points.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 7:47 AM, webfact said:

Former UKIP leader blames Tory government for not taking advantage of leaving the EU

BY ANDREW MCDONALD

LONDON — Nigel Farage, one of the biggest advocates of Britain’s departure from the European Union, reckons Brexit has failed.

Speaking on the BBC’s Newsnight program Monday night, the former Brexit Party leader — one of the most famous figureheads of the Brexit cause — admitted the U.K. had not benefited economically from leaving the bloc.

“What Brexit has proved, I’m afraid, is that our politicians are about as useless as the commissioners in Brussels. We’ve mismanaged this totally,” Farage said, responding to a raft of data suggesting there had been a negative economic impact of Brexit.

“Brexit has failed,” he added. “We’ve not delivered on Brexit and the Tories have let us down very, very badly.”

From the OP, what part of FAILED do you not get.

Edited by Jeff the Chef
spelling
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Brexit hasnt actually "failed" and Nigel didnt say that it had.

Nigel was responding to a reporter who said the word "failed" and he replied using the same word

And 'Never ending Brexit' rears its'head again????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, RayC said:

So 'Boy David' who left office in 2016 is still pulling the strings in the Tory Party? There's straw clutching and, then again, there's STRAW CLUTCHING.

One of the Tory Party's policies is to reduce immigration. The government is responsible for implementing Immigration policy. The Tory party are currently the party of government. 

Once again, I'm glad of your support in providing evidence to support my points.

Yes, so UKIP's Nigel Farage saying that the Conservative party are responsible for the U.K's immigrations policies isn't a case of blaming other people , because the Conservative party are actually the ones who are responsible for the U.K's immigration policies .

UKIP/Brexit wanted to reduce immigration , the Conservatives have increased it