Is this election a new dawn for Thailand?

webfact

What would happen if the Senate is unable to vote for/against for a PM candidate? Let's say theoretically (certainly not all the possibilities) the Senate chamber is unavailable, or a quorum is not obtainable?

Can the Senate meet covertly or in some private venue (ie., military base), or must it convene in a public venue for transparency purposes? 

Rather than having to concede to an undemocratic Senate block of MFP PM candidate, might there be an action to take other than ineffective street protests for which the military likely will have the Constitutional authority to break?

No, this isn't a new dawn........it's a sunset.

Next comes a stormy, dark, night.

After that comes the dawn.

What it will bring is as yet unknown........but we do know what is hoped for it by the majority of the people of Thailand.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, h90 said:

No before Covid it was running well....and what self censoring, there is exactly one topic that can not be discussed and no one really cares in their normal life. That is a very small left wing and right wing bubble everyone else cares about the important things in life.

Didn't someone have trouble for leaving a bad review of a restaurant? I've forgotten the details, so maybe I'm wrong.

15 hours ago, HappyAF said:

A new dawn, a new day or deja vu?

Pita was born on 5 September 1980. He is the nephew of Padung Limjaroenrat, a former secretary to the Interior Minister and a close aide of then Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

(but at least when Thaksin appointed his relatives to head both army and police he was elected)
Seems new PM or proxy in waiting Pita/Tim may be a bit controlling as well:

“We broke up because of accumulating conflict,” Chutima said when asked about her broken romance during the Club Friday Show on GMM25. “He grew jealous when I played a role which involved holding hands. After that, more rules emerged, including one that banned me from coming home later than 6pm. Not even business appointments were exempt.”

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2019/07/30/parina-slams-future-forward-mps-separation-with-series-of-commandments/

Certainly Thailand needs a change, hopefully Tim's the real deal.

You know your sh-t....tnx.  How many coups have we experienced? Remember when the Aussie journo was machine gunned on the news. I support the Thai people.

16 hours ago, h90 said:

No before Covid it was running well....and what self censoring, there is exactly one topic that can not be discussed and no one really cares in their normal life. That is a very small left wing and right wing bubble everyone else cares about the important things in life.

Placating foreign classifications such as left and right wing to the Thai political situation is completely irrelevant. For example, the Bangkok middle-class which elected MF in ALL Bangkok districts used to supports coups, and it is certainly not left-wing. Thaksin is certainly not left-wing, etc...

There is barely anyone left-wing in Thailand. The relevant distinction is between appointed people and elected people. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I have quite enjoyed it. Building my house here, going on holiday to UK, Italy and Dubai a few times, having my lovely Thai girl partner, her daughter producing a lovely boy, 

No problems at all at Immigration for Retirement Extension using the Combination Method ie Bht 400k in the bank and Bht 40k a month from Wise which is plenty to live on.

Horrendous..........rubbish.

You don't show any awareness of the deep corruption displayed by the military regime and the consequent disadvantages that the general population have suffered. You seem to live in a privileged bubble.

These senators need to be declared enemies of the state. A list of their names and photos needs to be circulated. The people need to call them and their children, siblings, and parents out at work, school, at restaurants, and in public. Shame them into submission. Make their lives so uncomfortable they quit a year early. It just might work. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The new Pattaya Mayor, the new Governor of Bangkok ran on the same message.  Thais are wondering now where are they? What I heard is change but no plan how to change it  one major obstacles the good Old boy network through out the country who operate on their own terms.

New Dawn,  hope it happens until then it is same <deleted> different day.

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Hakuna Matata said:

I do not agree with OP. In my opinion, the last 10 years in Thailand were the most stable  and mature period in its history. The mentality of Asian people is very different from Western. American Democracy Model is not applicable to many countries in South East Asia.

Utter tripe. Unemployment soared, homelessness soared, and the general lack of contentment plummeted. The economy has slowed down, and so have the property markets. Prayuth nearly destroyed both the economy and tourism. Blame covid all you want. It is an ineffective army rule, and the tremendous lies and fabrications, that are hurting the Thai people. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grandpa Cool said:

You don't show any awareness of the deep corruption displayed by the military regime and the consequent disadvantages that the general population have suffered. You seem to live in a privileged bubble.

Quite correct. I seem to be enjoying myself here.