Trump’s White House lawyer predicts he’ll end up in jail as Mar-a-Lago probe heats up

Social Media

On 5/20/2023 at 11:59 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

Also, how does an individual respond when asked to return documents that are in their possession?

Do they not even wait to be asked and self report while immediately returning documents and willingly welcome a thorough search for more.

Or do they refuse to return the documents, hide the documents, lie about the documents, encourage others to lie about the documents?

Those are the sort of critical distinctions IQ45’s fan bois are happy to ignore.

What happens if tRump does go to prison?

Does he summon the confederate army again for another riot?

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, fusion58 said:

Those are the sort of critical distinctions IQ45’s fan bois are happy to ignore.

What happens if tRump does go to prison?

Does he summon the confederate army again for another riot?

I don’t think so he’s been blovating crying and begging his maga nuts to fight for his sorry rear end nothing so far so no I don’t think so perhaps an isolated incident or two but no more that that now he’s settled in to trying to tank the economy cause he can’t handle rejection a very sore loser indeed 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2023 at 7:56 AM, Tug said:

That is a possibility but I take heart in the fact of how fast a jury absolutely flushed him in 3 hours no less in the Jen Carroll trial

It wasn't the first time.  In some of the stolen election-related trials the jury sat down and had their consensus right off, took more time to walk from the courtroom to the jury room.  They decided to hold off the announcement until after lunch -- the court pays for the lunch.  Everybody appreciates a free lunch.

From reading the accounts of the lawyers who are jumping ship, I get the impression DT knows he's going to be convicted.  According to Parlatore, who quit the defense team, he said he was hired for defense but other lawyers on the team were sabotaging any defense he came up with.  I suspect DT is playing to be the Grand MAGA Martyr, the poor, persecuted narcissist.

Former Trump lawyer accuses current Trump lawyer of interfering with classified documents searches

I don’t think so he’s been bloviating crying and begging his maga nuts to fight for his sorry rear end

And get them to send him $$$.  He can sucker them out of millions per month -- like Gene Hackman's recurring line in Bonnie and Clyde "don't kill that cow!"

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Something that is not coming up in the discussion is who had access to these documents while they were in DT's possession, either during his term or after he lost the office.  This could possibly go to treason -- I don't think the US gov't would care enough about the well-being of a traitor to provide protection, he'll be just another convicted felon.  IMO he's going to do a Thaksin, and from abroad he can keep his MAGA money stream flowing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, bendejo said:

Inciting sedition is patriotic?

Censorship and medical restrictions is freedom?

The ghost of George Orwell sits off to the side, nodding knowingly.

Care to elaborate on this babble?

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

The office of President and Vice President officially ends at 12:00 noon on Jan 20

That's why you see second term winners taking the oath of office again.

Thank you for the information.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Lambert said he was also put off by Trump's recent CNN town hall, where the former president continued to falsely claim the 2020 Election was "rigged."

"2020 election was stolen" is his 2024 platform.  He's holding onto it like a soi dog with a pork bone. 

In 2016 he started the stolen election thing a few weeks before election day, the media should replay those bits and take him to task along the lines of "so YOU stole the 2016 election?"

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

trump will never ever go to jail.

If/when convicted Biden would commute his sentence (assumes a Federal crime, so Georgia is still on my mind I guess).

We'll just have to be satisifed with the copious orange make-up and forego the jumpsuit.

2 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

trump will never ever go to jail.

If/when convicted Biden would commute his sentence (assumes a Federal crime, so Georgia is still on my mind I guess).

We'll just have to be satisifed with the copious orange make-up and forego the jumpsuit.

Biden would do no such thing.

But if it comes to sentencing  he won't be treated exactly the same as a regular citizen and the majority of Americans would understand why that would make sense