Future Visits to Thailand - How to approach this

Hi all

Back in 2021 i stayed bkk with tourist visa plus about 5 covid extensions.  

I left in 2022 with 4 day overstay and the  reapplied tourist visa and rentered via chiang mai and then bkk after 1 month back in uk.

Recent trip i got tourist + 30 days + 1 covid extension and left with 14 overstay(was hospitalied and needed to.opearte).

I entered bkk on 1st Feb 23 via TR and extended and left on 1st May.  

I am now back in UK and plan to return in July  for about a month so thats 2 months away and another trip in October again for a few weeks.  What is my best way in trying to get into Thailand?

Edited by pantsonfire

You may be fine on visa exempt entries for both, but you might want to get tourist visas.

If you don't want the hassle of applying for two individual tourist visas, you could get yourself a Multiple Entry Tourist Visa so you only have to apply once.

• Like 1

Do you know how long exactly your July trip will be, and will you have a return ticket before arriving in Thailand?

As you wrote "about a month", getting a tourist visa would look better than maxing out another visa exempt entry or having to extend it.

1 hour ago, pantsonfire said:

Should i got to Bangkok airports or somewhere else to enter?  Being 2 months away and going with a TV iam not sure

If you have an actual tourist visa, entering via one of the Bangkok airports ought to be OK. However, the officials there have been known to go rogue occasionally in the past. Using an airport (such as Chiang Mai) that has no history of refusing to honour tourist visas might be safer.

24 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

Thanks. Just unsure if i shoiuld go through the stages of going to sg then to cnx then to bkk

Waste of money and time.

Has already been stated in thread... obtain a tourist visa and enter at Bangkok airports. 

Flying to. Saigon and into CNX not necessary with tourist visa.

If you cannot obtain tourist visa don't come. 

BTW for general info for the forum..... spoke with Oz friend yesterday and he tried to enter BKK airport from Melb visa exempt and was scammed by immigration to the tune of 15k baht.

The good old "too much time in Thailand" ....

Weird thing is it had been months since his previous entry.

He did have the notorious "volunteer visa" stamp.

Not sure if that played a part. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...