Debtor pawns 3 French bulldogs in Thailand

348240450_127175867037549_7954182515716695347_n.jpg

A loan shark in Thailand claims that a debtor who couldn’t make their repayments pledged three French bulldogs as collateral one year ago, but never returned to collect the dogs or repay the loan.

The loan shark posted in the “French bulldog club of Thailand” to seek advice…

“These are my three adopted kids. These three dogs did not do anything wrong. They were bought for nearly 500,000 baht.

“The dogs’ owner did not have enough money to pay back outstanding repayments on a loan. She brought these three French bulldogs to pledge as collateral. I can’t talk about it. If it was you how would you feel?

“Pawning a dog. 1) We have to pay for their food and 2) we have to take care of them. If the dogs get a wound or get sick, will it be our responsibility?

“One year has passed and the owner did not return to pick up her dogs. I repeat that the loan is still not repaid. One of the dogs had two puppies. She kept making appointments, saying I will return the money this day or that day. But that day never came.

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/debtor-pawns-3-french-bulldogs-in-thailand

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“One year has passed and the owner did not return to pick up her dogs. I repeat that the loan is still not repaid. One of the dogs had two puppies. She kept making appointments, saying I will return the money this day or that day. But that day never came.

7 days to repay or the dogs go up for auction... 

2 minutes ago, quake said:

His a loan shark

who cares about him.

His kind should be in jail. 

Why? Someone borrowed money...he didn't force them. He did nothing different than every bank does.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Nothing to cry about, except the shark's business savvy.  At least now has 3 living things that appreciate him, at least at dinner time.

Next time, he should probably ask for more dogs as collateral.   Will he take cats ?

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Nothing to cry about, except the shark's business savvy.  At least now has 3 living things that appreciate him, at least at dinner time.

Next time, he should probably ask for more dogs as collateral.   Will he take cats ?

Can I give 10 Geckos and 1 Tokay as guarantee for my 500.000 Baht loan?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Illegal loan shark, why don't you go to the cops and complain. :crazy: Pay me 20k and i'll take one off your hands, cash payment only. and 10 tins of food a week for 5 years 

give them fresh food....better