Palang Pracharath Might Be Dissolved To Make Pheu Thai New Core Of Coalition Govt

webfact

1 minute ago, kingstonkid said:

While I agree with what you are saying the one thing I have learnt here is never say it would not happen.  

Thaksin wants back home without free and clear of charges.

The military camel wants to keep its nose in the tent and keep some control.

ALSO REMEMBER T I T 

It would be suicide for Pheu Thai.

Thaksin, whatever you may think of him, is no fool.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Look at you.
Any tidbit of idle gossip concerning Thaksin and you take it at face value without question.

PT have issued a statement that they are 100% supporting MF as the lead party in the coalition and are making zero attempt to undermine them.

Well done Robblok for allowing your Thaksin obsession to supersede rationality. 

I agree with Roblock.

3 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

I think we should all prepare for a barrage of unsubstantiated rumors, and confirmed/unconfirmed backroom chats for the next few months.

Indeed it's all hot air and has been since the election. People are simply incapable of just waiting to see what the Senate actually decides and then discussing that. Gossiping makes them feel knowledgable about things they are unable to know such as what other people will decide in the future, which is an uncomfortable feeling.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robblok said:

Good point the guy is as bad as the milletary parties, im sure if the voters had heard of this before the PTP would have been even smaller. First claiming not to work with military parties and then including them in an around way in his party. What a country.

Nothing has happened other than a bit of idle gossip - calm yourself down.

Out of curiosity , if Thaksin remains true to his word and PT remain in Pita’s coalition will you come back here and correct your posts?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

IN A POSSIBLE TWIST of power play, the Palang Pracharath might dissolve their military-installed party with all 41 Palang Pracharath MPs set to join the Pheu Thai to make it the largest party and core of a coalition government in place of the Move Forward, partisan sources said today (May 22).

Infiltration.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

It would be suicide for Pheu Thai.

Thaksin, whatever you may think of him, is no fool.

No, but Thaksin is and always has been thinking of and looking out for 1 person and that is Thaksin.  If doing this gets him back in Thailand then that is fine and he can live with losing some of his political clout.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, kingstonkid said:

No, but Thaksin is and always has been thinking of and looking out for 1 person and that is Thaksin.  If doing this gets him back in Thailand then that is fine and he can live with losing some of his political clout.

Nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, BusyB said:

Indeed it's all hot air and has been since the election. People are simply incapable of just waiting to see what the Senate actually decides and then discussing that. Gossiping makes them feel knowledgable about things they are unable to know such as what other people will decide in the future, which is an uncomfortable feeling.

You not wrong but you have to separate those who do their research and have a good knowledge of the local political idiosyncrasies to provide an intelligent analysis as against those who has just post based on emotion and those that has little knowledge and simply troll. 

4 hours ago, h90 said:

Ah we have the same in Europe....an election and "we'll never work with the right wing party" and 2 days later they announce a coalition....
And I guess not even the strongest Thaksin supporters claim that he has integrity....His up country voters are OK with it. It angers only a small Twitter bubble who mostly vote for MF anyway. If he can form a government it is complete forgotten in 2 month....There will be every week another great media hype from Thaksin..he is a professional in marketing.

Agree, and once again the military has a foot in the door, the establishment is hard to beat. Pita should have been more careful with his announcements, he has alarmed the old war horses and Thaksin will be easier to manipulate considering the legal leverage they have against him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Agree, and once again the military has a foot in the door, the establishment is hard to beat. Pita should have been more careful with his announcements, he has alarmed the old war horses and Thaksin will be easier to manipulate considering the legal leverage they have against him.

Idle gossip.

Explicit rejection of said gossip by PT

Thaksin obsessives do what….. treat the gossip as gospel.

????????????

18 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

And Thaksin does not like to be Number 2....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Really doubt that PTP will accept all the MPs from PPRP if dissolved. Some of the MPs were from the PDRC and will be a betrayal to their supporters if they are allowed in. Others are practically ex-TRT politicians who switch to PPRP for money and power and will have no problem going back to their roots. PTP will also unlikely to step ahead and made their intention known as it will backfire on their popularity. They have also said that in the media. But the bottomline is that the military backed parties are done and the 3P involvement in politics are over and good riddance to that. Either MFP and PTP and their coalition partners gets into power, it is a win for democracy. 

That's the most likely scenario. If PPRP is dissolved, former Thaksin allies may join PPT, while the others may join United Nation. I don't see the core yellow PPRP members willing to join PPT, as well as being accepted there.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

What do you know of Thaksin other than junta loving nonsense?

been here while he was PM.....And don't know what your problem is with the Junta....everyone that has doubts at MF is not a Junta lover...I would guess there are close to non who love the junta

26 minutes ago, h90 said:

Old yellow are already starting up because the fear monarchy is in danger....Would have been wiser to not touch 112 as the first point and change the military as second....

Is this your personal opinion that the yellow elites and the military think that the monarchy is in danger or you think that they want their supporters to think there is danger to protect their existence. No one is abolishing 112. In fact, it is not even in the coalition MOU. Thailand has been a constitutional monarchy since 1932 and Thais accept that form of democracy.   

42 minutes ago, candide said:

That's the most likely scenario. If PPRP is dissolved, former Thaksin allies may join PPT, while the others may join United Nation. I don't see the core yellow PPRP members willing to join PPT, as well as being accepted there.

PPRP leaders have since refuted this rumour. There will be many more rumours that will try to cause mistrust and discord among the MFP coalition parties for self serving agenda. Lets hope they will not succeed and the majority of Thais will have their elected government. 

5 minutes ago, h90 said:

been here while he was PM.....And don't know what your problem is with the Junta....everyone that has doubts at MF is not a Junta lover...I would guess there are close to non who love the junta

Junta lovers lack the moral courage to publicly acknowledge their junta love, they instead obsess over Thaksin (and now MF) treating lies and exaggerations that portray the pro democracy side as evil, selfish and corrupt whilst turning a blind eye to the blindingly obvious evil, selfish and corrupt junta villainy that is occurring right before their very eyes. 

If you were here when Thaksin was PM - some 17 years ago, then it is an absolutely remarkable effort on your behalf to have remained so ignorant and misinformed over such a long long stretch of time. Bravo.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

If all the parties move into one for a while  to vote out the unelected senator cronies then I'm all for it

The good news is that the unelected senators are required by law to vacate their seats next year. The bad news is that they will still be around for the joint house vote for PM. 

59 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Junta lovers lack the moral courage to publicly acknowledge their junta love, they instead obsess over Thaksin (and now MF) treating lies and exaggerations that portray the pro democracy side as evil, selfish and corrupt whilst turning a blind eye to the blindingly obvious evil, selfish and corrupt junta villainy that is occurring right before their very eyes. 

If you were here when Thaksin was PM - some 17 years ago, then it is an absolutely remarkable effort on your behalf to have remained so ignorant and misinformed over such a long long stretch of time. Bravo.

I have no romantic feelings for any party....there is no one I love. They are all different shades of grey. As less the mess with my life as less I hate them. I am libertarian, if there is a party who would want to abolish the government I may love it.....else there is no love.

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Is this your personal opinion that the yellow elites and the military think that the monarchy is in danger or you think that they want their supporters to think there is danger to protect their existence. No one is abolishing 112. In fact, it is not even in the coalition MOU. Thailand has been a constitutional monarchy since 1932 and Thais accept that form of democracy.   

I mean they fire up their supporters with it. If someone says that maybe we should talk about some issues with 112 means for them the world is going under and here we have the enemy...Top News, Sondhi, etc

9 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

The good news is that the unelected senators are required by law to vacate their seats next year. The bad news is that they will still be around for the joint house vote for PM. 

If they all vacate their seat who select the next one? The next government? Would mean that instead of all selected by the military we have all selected by MF and PTP?
Who than try to block every next government that is not them? Or are they somehow different selected?

It was only a matter of time before all the infighting and dealing within the Coalition reared its ugly head.

The Country has a Golden opportunity here, and it could all go up in smoke if they cannot, or will not be adult about the situation.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

It was only a matter of time before all the infighting and dealing within the Coalition reared its ugly head.

The Country has a Golden opportunity here, and it could all go up in smoke if they cannot, or will not be adult about the situation.

What infighting? So far the coalition parties have signed an MoU agreeing on core policies. All the other talk is from outside at the moment. 

15 minutes ago, h90 said:

If they all vacate their seat who select the next one? The next government? Would mean that instead of all selected by the military we have all selected by MF and PTP?
Who than try to block every next government that is not them? Or are they somehow different selected?

Haven't you read the MOU platform signed and agreed by all 7 coalition allies? The agreement include the drafting of a new and more democratic constitution. No selection but elected senators as in the pre-coup past. 

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

Haven't you read the MOU platform signed and agreed by all 7 coalition allies? The agreement include the drafting of a new and more democratic constitution. No selection but elected senators as in the pre-coup past. 

ups yes read that...but forgot about it. But if next year, if you draft a new constitution, discuss it, have a referendum about it and than a vote in parliament and let the king sign it. I doubt there is enough time and I doubt these senators will sign it so you would select new one to get the new constitution signed

18 minutes ago, h90 said:

This subject has been discussed several times. It's not the government who will select the new Senators. The way to select them is written in the constitution.

https://www.ect.go.th/ect_en/download/article/article_20210806135906.pdf

200 new Senators will be selected by selection committees, according to the process described in the Constitution. The composition of the selection committees is prescribed (ex. it includes the heads of agencies).

It is not clear who will appoint the selection committees, probably the EC.

So as usual, appointed people will appoint each other. Due to the political "colour" of the EC and the other agencies members, we can expect a dominantly pro-yellow establishment new Senate.

The key issue is then how many pro-yellow establishment Senators they will be able to select. They will probably not be able to get a 100% pro-establishment Senate. It is important because any amendment to the constitution will require the approval of at least one third of the Senate.

• Like 1