Public advised to protect themselves as COVID-19 cases surge

webfact

8 hours ago, Spellforce said:

I and my wife catched (one more time) the covid in Patttaya 3 weeks ago, it's over today in Pattaya.

I had fever for 2 days, not worse than a bad flue in Europe but worse that my covid in 2020 (fever only 1 day)

99,9999% of people wont die, dont think too much :).

I had it a few weeks ago as well. I was sick for five or six days but the stymptoms were mild, no fever, just sore throat and nasal congestion mainly.

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I guess you are the expert on Immunology. 

But, those poor saps who went to University and then went on to work in Immunology for decades claim that keeping up on booster shops is the best way to avoid contracting Covid. 

Hard to know who to listen to.

Are you saying that getting vaccinated against Covid means you can avoid contracting it?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

Why? 

Bubonic plague is spread through bites from an infected flea or exposure from a break in the skin.

"Bubonic plague is transmitted through the bite of an infected flea or exposure to infected material through a break in the skin. Symptoms include swollen, tender lymph glands called buboes."

https://emergency.cdc.gov/agent/plague/faq.asp#:~:text=Bubonic plague is transmitted through,tender lymph glands called buboes.

COVID -19 has claimed almost 7,000,000 lives world wide.

Your post shows the utter ignorance of COVID by so many blowhards on this site unfortunately. 

https://covid19.who.int/

How many lives globally since Omicron took over? Well let's have a look at how things have changed shall we.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Screenshot (1126).png

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

shall we.

Nah.

Just following your brainless posts gives me nausea enough. 

XBB is the newest variant. 

Edited by MrJ2U

8 hours ago, h90 said:

All philanthropists.....not a second they think about the money :cheesy:

how can they?  Too busy saving the world with cutting edge medical technology that is "guaranteed safe and effective or your YouTube account will be deleted."  That's a promise!  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Is that what you said when vaccines were developed by these companies from scratch in record time at a time when the world was in turmoil and they came in at about €20 per shot and 100s of millions were produced under huge logistical pressures?

No, when Donald Trump announced Project Warp Speed I was skeptical about his motivations, and it turns out I should have listened to my instincts.  My sympathies are always with the working class, and the lockdowns never sat right with me.  If only I had followed the money...  I was quite convinced at first that masks and vaccines were the right approach.  I was incredulous that people were questioning any of it.  But now in hindsight we have more information available if you are brave enough to look.  I invite you to continue to explore your own thinking on the subject, happy to answer any questions from my global audience.  ????  Enjoy the sweet Thailand summer warmth.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DudleySquat said:

I don't believe the numbers. Two hundred twenty-six people on ventilators due to Omicron Variant? Where are these people?

In a hospital.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

happy to answer any questions from my global audience.

Oh please.

Get over yourself. 

Looks like you've been conned by a bunch of YouTube conspiracy theorists. 

Edited by MrJ2U

What this article fails to mention is what underlying illness the the 64 were suffering before their passing. 

One thing i have noticed is that many Thai's will report to hospital over next to nothing and the one that have medical insurance of cause will be admitted so that the hospitals can make a few extra bucks, My Wife has had a few time that she has not been feeling well (From food pensioning, Flu) and has reported to the hospital to see a doctor and they have admitted her, each time she is asked if she has insurance before they start the admission procedure, so many of these hospitalizations maybe the same. 

Thai's however do live in fear from what ever they read on the many social media platforms, as they take what they read as being the truth and live in fear that they maybe next, 

One other point, i work on a cruise ship and have been on board for 3 months, most covid protocols have now been stopped, no more mask for anyone on board, and to be honest since last year when the company i work for took away the mask mandate the number of C+ case dropped dramatically. Now for my current contract on the ship which is over 3 month we have not had one reported C+ case on the ship

So as the WHO stated it is over..... 

8 hours ago, DudleySquat said:

I don't believe the numbers. Two hundred twenty-six people on ventilators due to Omicron Variant? Where are these people?

I suspect they tested positive for Omicron (hospitals are rife with it), but I'd wager most of those 226 people are being treated for something more serious than Omicron.

They should be more transparent when giving out these numbers. They can cause real anxiety among the general population by obscuring the facts (as can be seen on this forum with some posters still thinking Omicron is as serious as the plague). 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dinsdale said:

How many lives globally since Omicron took over? Well let's have a look at how things have changed shall we.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Screenshot (1126).png

looks self explanatory  to me . Why are people still so scared of just this one virus,?  maybe they are suffering from a different condition?

Personally I'm more concerned about (not in any specific order)  Malaria, Rabies, Dengue fever, Syphilis. and Hepatitis to name but  a few. But I'm sure if I read a few "peer reviewed" reports , I'd have a lot more things to worry about

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DudleySquat said:

They have not.  I have personally read several peer-reviewed published articles that say otherwise.

Ju, T. J., Boisvert, L. N., & Zuo, Y. Y. (2021). Face masks against COVID-19: Standards, efficacy, testing and decontamination methods. Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, 292, 102435. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cis.2021.102435

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DudleySquat said:

Ju, T. J., Boisvert, L. N., & Zuo, Y. Y. (2021). Face masks against COVID-19: Standards, efficacy, testing and decontamination methods. Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, 292, 102435. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cis.2021.102435

While the methods and results presented here do vary, all available epidemiologic evidence suggests that community-wide mask-wearing results in reduced rates of COVID-19 infections.

The effectiveness of masks in population-wide scenarios has been proven to be significant, and as a result, universal face-masking has been encouraged by many national and international agencies.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Are you saying that getting vaccinated against Covid means you can avoid contracting it?

It means you have a lesser chance of contracting the disease, a lesser chance of dying from Covid, and a lesser chance of transmitting the virus if you are infected.

Vaccination is a good thing.

The pro-virus crowd may disagree.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dinsdale said:

If another variant other than Omicron comes in and could be fatal as you say then the current vaccines would be useless. 

The above statement is unfounded.

Vaccines developed for Delta had some efficacy against Omicron.

2 hours ago, oslooskar said:

I have had 2 AstraZeneca vaccinations, 1 Pfizer, 1 Moderna, and a mild case of Covid. So, come what may, I'm not worried.

I have 8 vaccinations, including a bivalent Omicron booster.

I have spent the night with ladies infected with Covid, vaccination is clearly effective for me.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I have 8 vaccinations, including a bivalent Omicron booster.

I have spent the night with ladies infected with Covid, vaccination is clearly effective for me.

I'm at 5 with the last one being the bivalent one in combination with a flu shot.  Probably due for another one soon but I am not sure if it's still free for me.  Maybe only once a year.

They have the pills now that can save most people if taken in the first 3 days after getting infected. 

Edited by shdmn

6 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Infections are rising and your response is to advocate fewer precautions. Rather Lemming like.

Masks have been shown unequivocally to reduce transmission.

I always laugh at this. Where I live, masks were mandated and although they aren’t anymore, the majority still wear them.. Yet millions have had covid. So if they reduce transmission, why have so many been infected?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Willy Wombat said:

Even Boutros Boutros Tedros from the W.H.O  said its over but Thailand just can't let it go

No, he didnt...

He declared the WHO's emergency declaration re COVID over.

But also warned COVID is still killing and sickening thousands, and called on goverments and the public to maintain their COVID precautions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Spellforce said:

Better to catch that covid every year, you'll have a good protection just in case there will be a new bad variant.

If a younger person, unlikely to get severe symptoms I might agree..... but if older the small risk of it killing you, or you developing  'long' Covid symptoms, or inducing other complications from comorbidities, I wouldn't be out looking to catch it on purpose. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyFoxy said:

I always laugh at this. Where I live, masks were mandated and although they aren’t anymore, the majority still wear them.. Yet millions have had covid. So if they reduce transmission, why have so many been infected?

It's a fair point. When China lifted it's zero covid lockdown everyone was wearing masks and covid spread thoughout the country in a matter of weeks.