Public advised to protect themselves as COVID-19 cases surge

webfact

2 hours ago, bogs smith said:

The Deep State flexin it's muscles. ???? 

FEAR is the order of the day for this fella.

That is really rich...to propaganda works in one sentence.....look look the virus, don't look at the government....
We may disagree on on other topics but here I agree 100%

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sharp said:

So if 50% of the dead are vaccinated 

and 50% are not what exactly is the vaccines usefulness 

Hm,...To give you a 50% chance of survival !!!

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, sungod said:

I had a sore throat for 2 days, who's denying anything?

My father was sick...did not need the doc, but it needed a few weeks till he was 100% the same and not tired all the time.
He wasn't sick with anything else the last 30 years....so it had more power than every other thing the last 30 years.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Spellforce said:

I and my wife catched (one more time) the covid in Patttaya 3 weeks ago, it's over today in Pattaya.

I had fever for 2 days, not worse than a bad flue in Europe but worse that my covid in 2020 (fever only 1 day)

99,9999% of people wont die, dont think too much :).

How did you get tested?

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

And they haven't ordered any of the new vaccines.

I wonder what happened to the homegrown vaccines.  Never hear about them anymore. 

They have ordered.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Spellforce said:

I and my wife catched (one more time) the covid in Patttaya 3 weeks ago, it's over today in Pattaya.

I had fever for 2 days, not worse than a bad flue in Europe but worse that my covid in 2020 (fever only 1 day)

99,9999% of people wont die, dont think too much :).

I just had covid too,first time.Had 5 vaccines and felt a lot worse than I thought I would.over it in a week.got no idea where I caught it as haven't been anywhere,bars etc

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Without going into comorbities and with covid or from covid I find the interesting bit is an average of "376 cases a day" being admitted yet estimating "actual daily infections could be between 18,800 and 26,112.... ." We can average that to around 21 or 22,000. Out of this number 376 average are admitted to hospital. Chances of getting it is very slim. Chances of needing to be hospitalized is very slim and chances of dying almost nil. 

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, DjSilver said:

And again as everyone with a brain knows that covid-19 is not dangerous for a normal person and that nobody have "died" from covid-19. 

For younger healthy people , covid is no issue . For elderly it is a different story. Many people around the world have died from it , and yes not with it but really from covid. Relatives from me ( married on family) lost 4 people in 3 weeks in 2020 , yes to covid . 1 person of those was expected to die anyway as she was very old and had multiple things going on already , there you can say , died with covid but not from covid (which is actually also not true , since then nobody ever died of AIDS ) . The others were not young , but were just normal people  of around 70y old .

Anyway , covid strains now are lot milder and are more or less on par with flu . I had flu this y and i gave it to my parents also unfortunate . Nearly killed my father ... i hope the covid i had now didn't go to them , since it might just kill them easy .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sezze said:

The others were not young , but were just normal people  of around 70y old .

Yes, over 70  is old and they should be vaccinated, as in the danger demographic. Actually, I think 65 is.

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, DudleySquat said:

I don't believe the numbers. Two hundred twenty-six people on ventilators due to Omicron Variant? Where are these people?

There  might be this number on ventilators but are they on ventilators because of covid. There's something else going around. Friend thought he might have covid. Got tested twice at hospital. Nurse told him he didn't have Covid but there is a cold going around. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, sezze said:

I had flu this y and i gave it to my parents also unfortunate . Nearly killed my father ... i hope the covid i had now didn't go to them , since it might just kill them easy .

My mother just turned 80 and had covid 2 months ago. She was fine as she was up to date with vaccines.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Have you been vaccinated? Not sure covid can give you COPD. Certainly a comorbidity so can make it worse.

https://sprylyfe.com/blogs/oxygen-blog/does-covid-19-cause-copd

Interesting, thanks. All I know is I was fine until I got Covid.

Actually fine now, and thinking of coming off the inhalers.

Edited by Neeranam

1 hour ago, gungadin1 said:

I just had covid too,first time.Had 5 vaccines and felt a lot worse than I thought I would.over it in a week.got no idea where I caught it as haven't been anywhere,bars etc

My wife and I caught it last September. Odds are, given timing, that we got it at the hospital where we got our fourth jab. Place was, as usual, overcrowded by sick folks.

It really was not too bad, sure I've had worse bronchitis, but hate to think how sick this old man might have been without the jabs.
My poor wife was miserable, too, but did the usual wifely thing of pretending not so she could take care of her "old boy".

• Like 1
  • Love It 1