Public advised to protect themselves as COVID-19 cases surge

webfact

17 hours ago, Sharp said:

So if 50% of the dead are vaccinated 

and 50% are not what exactly is the vaccines usefulness 

Thats not what the OP reported...

It said 50% of the latest deaths were UNvaccinated and other 30% were UNboosted with only 2 primary shots, probably long ago.

Doctors and pub health experts have long said 2 doses only are not sufficient to protect well against the currently circulating COVID variants.

So what the article really said was 80% of the latest COVID deaths in Thailand hadn't followed the bare minimum public heath recommedation for COVID vaccinations, which is 3 shots minimum.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Nah.

Just following your brainless posts gives me nausea enough. 

XBB is the newest variant. 

If you're going to quote me at least have the manners to quote more than one word. As for XBB it's been around since the beginning of the year and is for the majority a non-severe variant and all it's sub-variants are also non-severe.

16 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Not covid. Certainly not the recent, weak, pathetic variants.

You mean the "weak, pathetic" COVID variants that killed at least 64 people in Thailand last week.

The deaths and hospitalizations keep rising, because people like you refuse to take the necessary and recommended precautions against COVID.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The deaths and hospitalizations keep rising, because people like you refuse to take the necessary and recommended precautions against COVID.

They all know better until they get sick.... then they get quiet. So many have been made to look foolish over the course of this pandemic.... but the real fools are still at it!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wealthychef said:

No, when Donald Trump announced Project Warp Speed I was skeptical about his motivations, and it turns out I should have listened to my instincts.  My sympathies are always with the working class, and the lockdowns never sat right with me.  If only I had followed the money...  I was quite convinced at first that masks and vaccines were the right approach.  I was incredulous that people were questioning any of it.  But now in hindsight we have more information available if you are brave enough to look.  I invite you to continue to explore your own thinking on the subject, happy to answer any questions from my global audience.  ????  Enjoy the sweet Thailand summer warmth.  

You appear to have strayed from the point more than somewhat. A lot of inconsequential waffle is the kindest thing I can say!

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, dinsdale said:

There  might be this number on ventilators but are they on ventilators because of covid. There's something else going around. Friend thought he might have covid. Got tested twice at hospital. Nurse told him he didn't have Covid but there is a cold going around. 

Thw only COVID deaths and hospitalizations that Thailand reports as COVID are those with confirming lab tests.

14 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Not somewhat. A lot. They are two different beasts. The emergence of Omicron, it's rapid evolution and it's dominance over Delta is a good thing. Delta has been taken out of the evolutionary process.

Except that the current variants are far more contagious than tbe prior ones, and still have the capacity to kill and sicken, especially older folks and those with other prior health problems, especially if un- or under-vaccinated.

That's nothing to wish for.

13 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Unless of couse, you were among the 64 official COVID deaths reported in TH just in the past 1 week.

64 out of >70,000,000 is still a very small number. This is undeniable and how many of these 64 had one or more severe comorbitities and how many of the 64 can be directly related to covid. These are important questions the information of which we are not given.

This is Deaths associated with Covid-19 in Australia.

https://www.health.gov.au/health-alerts/covid-19/case-numbers-and-statistics?language=und#covid19-associated-deaths

Please note the 1st dot point.

Screenshot (1127).png

Edited by dinsdale
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, wealthychef said:

No, when Donald Trump announced Project Warp Speed I was skeptical about his motivations, and it turns out I should have listened to my instincts.  My sympathies are always with the working class, and the lockdowns never sat right with me.  If only I had followed the money...  I was quite convinced at first that masks and vaccines were the right approach.  I was incredulous that people were questioning any of it.  But now in hindsight we have more information available if you are brave enough to look.  I invite you to continue to explore your own thinking on the subject, happy to answer any questions from my global audience.  ????  Enjoy the sweet Thailand summer warmth.  

Most people can't change their opinion because they can't admit that they were wrong. So they continue the wrong way.

That you complete drop 10 years of testing not only on a new vaccine but on a complete new technology was obviously wrong from the beginning. But they presented it in a way that hide the fact.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, dinga said:

No flaw - simple maths ('may well equal' indeed.....).  Regardless of the deniers, folks DIE.  Message is to take care of yourself as best you can

Yes people die all the time from various diseases, specially when we get old....That is life. If you are 90 you may die now from Covid or you die 1 year later from the flu.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, AndyFoxy said:

I always laugh at this. Where I live, masks were mandated and although they aren’t anymore, the majority still wear them.. Yet millions have had covid. So if they reduce transmission, why have so many been infected?

Because most people dont wear their masks 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? Or, in simpler terms, every time they're close around any other people. But they could...if they chose to...

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

There are millions of people who don't take any precautions against Covid. No vaccinations, they get Covid and die. So they can't post here.

please provide a link to this claim. 

• Thumbs Up 2

50 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

If you're going to quote me at least have the manners to quote more than one word. As for XBB it's been around since the beginning of the year and is for the majority a non-severe variant and all it's sub-variants are also non-severe.

As usual nothing to back up your claims.  

Are you new to the forum or just assume everything takes your innocuous claims at face value?

Just pure nonsense! 

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Guess what folks. These snaps below from 5 mins ago are not from TH or Japan... Folks elsewhere also still understand that COVID remains a risk to their health...

20230524_074029.jpg.ed0de2a4ab068b5d5e0ea88b6d2ff0d2.jpg

20230524_074102.jpg.630dfa945811625a83450fd5271e2fc6.jpg

and the other 8 billion humans ? 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, stoner said:

to add 

in the last 3 years approx 200 million humans have died. 7 million from covid. which represents a mere 3.5 % of all accountable deaths in that time period. 

It may represent a mere percentage, but it would be quite a pile in your back garden, and drove many countries to dig mass graves and use bulldozers...but keep on demeaning their deaths!

Resumtion of School classes, returning rainy season ? ...   No word from the UK  on Covid   despite hundreds of thousands gathered together for the Coronation where it rains   nearly every week, im  sure  half of them have never been vaccinated,  or  2  jabs only....

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It may represent a mere percentage, but it would be quite a pile in your back garden, and drove many countries to dig mass graves and use bulldozers...but keep on demeaning their deaths!

its not about demeaning deaths. its perspective. heart disease cvd's are the number 1 cause of death year over.

yet we as a population never implement the same style of tactics to stop this number 1 killer. 

7 hours ago, oslooskar said:

I have had 2 AstraZeneca vaccinations, 1 Pfizer, 1 Moderna, and a mild case of Covid. So, come what may, I'm not worried.

Johnson and Johnson.......

Bingo!

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

There are millions of people who don't take any precautions against Covid. No vaccinations, they get Covid and die. So they can't post here.

There were loads of Covid Deniers who were seriously infected and who regretted their decision publicly. Before they succumbed to Covid:

https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/

reditt, must be true then.

16 minutes ago, stoner said:

yet we as a population never implement the same style of tactics to stop this number 1 killer. 

There is massive investment and effort wrt heart disease and cancers, ie to minimize and reduce deaths from them. Sadly a simple solution like wearing a mask and washing hands is not so effective there and people seem to often resist being fitter, weighing less, and not smoking. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

There is massive investment and effort wrt heart disease and cancers, ie to minimize and reduce deaths from them. Sadly a simple solution like wearing a mask and washing hands is not so effective there and people seem to often resist being fitter, weighing less, and not smoking. 

clearly the massive effort is working well. number 1 killer for a long time and no sign of letting up. 

smoking easy. stop manufacturing them. adopt the new way like australia is trying. at least it is something different than what's been tried in the past. 

and to sound super conspiracy guy....lets pretend it is in the best interest of big pharma to cure cancer. the amount of money and infrastructure in place would collapse leaving millions without a job etc. 

same goes with any major industry like that on this planet. we are still dumb enough to make guns that must tell you quite a bit.

36 minutes ago, stoner said:

its not about demeaning deaths. its perspective. heart disease cvd's are the number 1 cause of death year over.

To prevent heart disease you would need to force the population to eat healthy and exercise--->impossible :cheesy:
In the west people should be healthy till 65 and than they are just a cost factor with their retirement payments. If they all get 90 we are bankrupt.