Canabis - How to start?

Try vaping then.

I didn't suggest vaping before because it's an investment and we don't know how the laws will shake out.

I suggest the Fenix Pro (about 4,000 baht) used at lower temps and if you learn how to use it, you won't cough and you'll be able to do all you need.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

What a disappointing experience this weed smoking. My pipe and bong (a water pipe - see picture) I bought at markets here in Pattaya - thank you @NextG for the hint. You get them in shops too but more expensive. The pipe I bought at this big Night Market in Jomtien for discounted 250. The green bong I bought at this Made in Thailand market in Central Pattaya also for discounted 250. There are not many shops selling this. At the market in Central Pattaya was only 1 shop. In Jomtien it didn't look better. The weed I bought online.

I was a very havy smoker for very many years but could quitt about 20 years ago ????????????. I started with the pipe and had severe problems with smoking. The lungs hurt and I had to cough. So I bought the bong in the hope that it will be better. No, pretty much the same negative experience. So smoking is not an option for me. The rest of the weed I will decarboxylate in the oven and use it for food.

Did I get high? Not much, but I couldn't smoke longer in one session. But it had a huge impact if I smoked a litte bit and drank beer afterwards. After 2 beer I had the feeling that I drank at least 4 already. 

the lungs need exercise too. if you don't smoke cigs or cigars, then the lungs probably aren't used to processing large amounts of smoke.

joints (prerolls) don't hit as harsh and you can sit there smoking it slow. the added benefit is you don't need a pipe or bong.

i use a large glass bong but its definitely stressful on my lungs and i don't clean it nearly enough.

Jinthing's suggestion of vaping is the cleanest and healthiest option, but its not really for newbies. there's more maintenance in vaping - always grinding and cleaning.

cooking is good, but the THC goes way down. i don't think the cookable weight is good enough (you need an ounce for a cup of butter). can't buy that at a Nana shop for a reasonable price.

funny you mentioned leaves. when weed was first legal, i cooked the govt recommended cannabis chicken soup with leaves. my MIL had a bowl and just sat on the floor staring at the TV for hours haha

drinking and smoking is a fun activity. it removes boredom from the equation.

#

• Love It 1

5 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

What a disappointing experience this weed smoking. My pipe and bong (a water pipe - see picture) I bought at markets here in Pattaya - thank you @NextG for the hint. You get them in shops too but more expensive. The pipe I bought at this big Night Market in Jomtien for discounted 250. The green bong I bought at this Made in Thailand market in Central Pattaya also for discounted 250. There are not many shops selling this. At the market in Central Pattaya was only 1 shop. In Jomtien it didn't look better. The weed I bought online.

I was a very havy smoker for very many years but could quitt about 20 years ago ????????????. I started with the pipe and had severe problems with smoking. The lungs hurt and I had to cough. So I bought the bong in the hope that it will be better. No, pretty much the same negative experience. So smoking is not an option for me. The rest of the weed I will decarboxylate in the oven and use it for food.

Did I get high? Not much, but I couldn't smoke longer in one session. But it had a huge impact if I smoked a litte bit and drank beer afterwards. After 2 beer I had the feeling that I drank at least 4 already. 

Weed.jpg

Bong.jpg

The things are too small.   I did state ‘the bigger the better’. I neglected to mention that you were supposed to pack the bong with crushed ice….but that thing is a mini bong, rather than a bong; so you were unlikely to find ice small enough unless you have a suitable kitchen appliance. 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, NextG said:

The things are too small.   I did state ‘the bigger the better’. I neglected to mention that you were supposed to pack the bong with crushed ice….but that thing is a mini bong, rather than a bong; so you were unlikely to find ice small enough unless you have a suitable kitchen appliance. 

IceI didn't know that, but I was thinking of very cold water. I don't have any experience. I will try again. But I think smoking will still be a problem for me.

4 hours ago, roietfortress said:

the lungs need exercise too. if you don't smoke cigs or cigars, then the lungs probably aren't used to processing large amounts of smoke.

joints (prerolls) don't hit as harsh and you can sit there smoking it slow. the added benefit is you don't need a pipe or bong.

i use a large glass bong but its definitely stressful on my lungs and i don't clean it nearly enough.

Jinthing's suggestion of vaping is the cleanest and healthiest option, but its not really for newbies. there's more maintenance in vaping - always grinding and cleaning.

cooking is good, but the THC goes way down. i don't think the cookable weight is good enough (you need an ounce for a cup of butter). can't buy that at a Nana shop for a reasonable price.

funny you mentioned leaves. when weed was first legal, i cooked the govt recommended cannabis chicken soup with leaves. my MIL had a bowl and just sat on the floor staring at the TV for hours haha

drinking and smoking is a fun activity. it removes boredom from the equation.

#

One reason I recommended the Fenix Pro is that it's designed to be as easy as possible to clean. My mechanical aptitude is a weakness but even I've been able to figure it out. Yes you need to grind. No biggie. Buy a grinder. You need to experiment with bowl fill level and how much to pack it down which can vary based on strain. Also if your herb is stale dried out its no good for vaping.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

One reason I recommended the Fenix Pro is that it's designed to be as easy as possible to clean. My mechanical aptitude is a weakness but even I've been able to figure it out. Yes you need to grind. No biggie. Buy a grinder. You need to experiment with bowl fill level and how much to pack it down which can vary based on strain. Also if your herb is stale dried out its no good for vaping.

That's too expensive and complicated with the Fenix Pro. And smoking. Somehow I think that can't be. But I can still feel in my lungs that I smoked last night. I think I will give up weed in the future. But I tried, and if it might not be allowed in the future, I don't regret it - I tried it and know now it is not for me.

4 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

That's too expensive and complicated with the Fenix Pro. And smoking. Somehow I think that can't be. But I can still feel in my lungs that I smoked last night. I think I will give up weed in the future. But I tried, and if it might not be allowed in the future, I don't regret it - I tried it and know now it is not for me.

You are indeed free to NOT do weed!

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

IceI didn't know that, but I was thinking of very cold water. I don't have any experience. I will try again. But I think smoking will still be a problem for me.

The problem with the mini bong is that you can only get a very small amount of water in them, the mouthpiece is too small for crushed ice entry, unless you have a food chopper at home and even then, the smoke has too short a way to travel. So a minimal difference. 
A larger bong will enable you to fill it with crushed ice to the brim. That’s what makes the difference.  Cooler and cleaner. Those things you bought are not serious ???? That mini bong is probably only useful for discreet usage outside. For home, you should have bought something a bit better. Bigger bowl and longer stem. Take a look at the crushed ice produced by the machines in 7-11 and then buy something you can fill with that. With a little cold water at the bottom of the stem. I don’t smoke as a rule, so this is the only way I found acceptable when it was necessary. Minimum 10” bong I would say, but the bigger the better. Bong filled almost to the brim with crushed ice and a little water in the bowl. Finger over the ventilation hole. Light and fill the bong with smoke. Leave smoke in bong for a moment. Then remove finger from hole and inhale. Will be cooler and cleaner. You’ll be able to taste, rather than to cough and choke ☺️

17 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

The fact that you needed beer to realise any effect may throw some suspicion on what you have purchased. I would not ever mix alcohol and cannabis. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Preroll is just the chaff that falls off the buds imo. No one gonna grind quality bud into joints in hopes of selling them over a day or two. Don't buy preroll. That's why it's the first offered by shops giveaways even before small discounts. Besides you'd be crazy to burn a half gram+ of good weed at one go. It's expensive and you'll be totally lit!

Spend a minimum of 450-550 at Alchemi. If Mr Stoner gave you some advice (above) I'd take it. 

Edited by Plern
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NextG said:

The fact that you needed beer to realise any effect may throw some suspicion on what you have purchased. I would not ever mix alcohol and cannabis. 

Haha, I always do but would not recommend for first time user. Moderation is key.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, NextG said:

The problem with the mini bong is that you can only get a very small amount of water in them, the mouthpiece is too small for crushed ice entry, unless you have a food chopper at home and even then, the smoke has too short a way to travel. So a minimal difference. 
A larger bong will enable you to fill it with crushed ice to the brim. That’s what makes the difference.  Cooler and cleaner. Those things you bought are not serious ???? That mini bong is probably only useful for discreet usage outside. For home, you should have bought something a bit better. Bigger bowl and longer stem. Take a look at the crushed ice produced by the machines in 7-11 and then buy something you can fill with that. With a little cold water at the bottom of the stem. I don’t smoke as a rule, so this is the only way I found acceptable when it was necessary. Minimum 10” bong I would say, but the bigger the better. Bong filled almost to the brim with crushed ice and a little water in the bowl. Finger over the ventilation hole. Light and fill the bong with smoke. Leave smoke in bong for a moment. Then remove finger from hole and inhale. Will be cooler and cleaner. You’ll be able to taste, rather than to cough and choke ☺️

My goodness NextG. I was wondering why they made this hole in the bong ????. I always covered it with my finger because air came in there. I didn't understand how to use this bong properly - now I get it. I thought  after thousands of cigarettes in my former life as smoker, smoking weed can't be complicated.

And yes, that bigger bongs are better I understand now too. But I didn't want to invest much until I know if weed is something for me or not. 

The reason for this thread was to gather some knowledge. I didn't even write "Cannabis" correctly in the thread title ????????????. I blocked now the prediction "Canabis" at my keyboard so that it never happens again ????

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NextG said:

I think it is more the problem of not being able to smoke long enough because of the problems with the smoke. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/25/2023 at 9:18 PM, stoner said:

good grief......................op please just dm me and we can sort you out. i will make a donation to your cause. 

Mr Stoner sir..

I know it’s an embarrassing question, but could you please advise me on how to PM or DM to you. ( to contact you privately). I would like to discuss in detail on the same subject.

Thanking you in advance.

FUBR…

2 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

I think it is more the problem of not being able to smoke long enough because of the problems with the smoke. 

Find a larger plastic bottle with a wide rim circumference; https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Water-Bottle-Bong Take a look at Method 2. You can repurpose the pipe stem from the mini bong. 
You’ll want a rim wide enough in so that you can fill the bottle with crushed ice and then enough water to reach the bottom of the pipe stem; but not enough to reach the holes that you have made(for the pipe stem and carb hole). That part is important, as the smoke will sit in the ice for a while after you fill the bottle with the smoke. Only when you are ready to inhale the smoke, should you remove your finger from the carb/ventilation hole. By then it will be much cooler and with some more harmful components removed by the ice. Far less unpleasant. 

Edited by NextG

4 hours ago, NextG said:

Find a larger plastic bottle with a wide rim circumference; https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Water-Bottle-Bong Take a look at Method 2. You can repurpose the pipe stem from the mini bong. 
You’ll want a rim wide enough in so that you can fill the bottle with crushed ice and then enough water to reach the bottom of the pipe stem; but not enough to reach the holes that you have made(for the pipe stem and carb hole). That part is important, as the smoke will sit in the ice for a while after you fill the bottle with the smoke. Only when you are ready to inhale the smoke, should you remove your finger from the carb/ventilation hole. By then it will be much cooler and with some more harmful components removed by the ice. Far less unpleasant. 

I see - I could have even saved some money ????????????????????????. But I don't think Cannabis is for me. I will stick to my beer - perhaps with a little bit of Cannabis before I drink it sometimes ???? + ????????????????... ????????  All of this of course only for medical reasons‼️

• 1 month later...

I have tried various edibles the last time I was in Thailand because I didn't want to smoke or inhale. Never taken Cannabis before, so I was a first time user. I was eager to find out, but, I was a bit disappointed. First, it took more than 2 hours before I felt an effect at all. The effect which came suddenly then was strange, like I took a pain-killer. My body coordination was more difficult although my consciousnes felt rather clear. But, more or less that was it. No high, no joy or enthusiasm, no mood change. I could sleep extraordinarly well, though, and had no hangover like from alcohol. Maybe, I haven't found the right mixture yet. Otherwise, I'll stick to beer and a good glass of whine or something stronger.

• Haha 1