Pattaya Transgender Person Pickpockets Russian Couple and Gets Arrested

webfact

I thinks its fine to identify transgender people in the news. That's much better than the right wing movement in the US to make LGBT people especially transgender people invisible and act like they don't even exist.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

For crying out loud do I need to go down there and go to the 20 bt shop to get a plastic board and a sharpie to write "STOP WEARING GOLD NECKLACES!!!!" and wave it around Pattaya?!!!

I just cant wrap my head around this UNLESS they themselves are trying to pull and insurance scam.........reminds me of the chinese gals in CM dressing up and showing off how rich they are as the tuk tuk "vultures" circle in....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, parafareno said:

the problem with ladyfruitcakes is that thai society shuns them and they cant get a proper job, so they either steal, or sell their bodies....same as blacks in USA...so they have to steal, but stealing from 2 russkies....that does not bother me a lot

Demonstrably untrue. I know a number of transgenders and they work in shops, bars, department stores and restaurants. They're generally seen as reliable.

And you might want to rein-in the unnecessary trans slurs. 

Edited by Baht Simpson

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It may not be up to them. It may be in possession of the extremist woke "progressives". In the US they control the way people are supposed to speak, the curriculum in schools, etc. And it is likely they are 2% of the population, if that. 

Edited by Cory1848

It may not be up to them. It may be in possession of the extremist woke "progressives". In the US they control the way people are supposed to speak, the curriculum in schools, etc. And it is likely they are 2% of the population, if that. 

Edited by Cory1848

Oh for heaven’s sake. “Transgender person” and “ladyboy” are both perfectly good words. If, in coming years, “ladyboy” comes to be considered offensive, it won’t be because of directives from “extremist woke progressives” (??) but rather the natural evolution of language, which is an entirely organic process.

Nobody “controls the way people speak,” neither progressives nor bigots who revel in deliberately insulting language. And while I agree with you that some efforts by university administrators and others to institute language policies are misguided and overbearing, they are usually well intentioned -- it’s not about “control” (control over whom, and for what purpose?) but about being inclusive and nonthreatening. Don’t misinterpret it.

I make every effort to be woke -- in the actual meaning of the word, as originally used by abolitionists in the US and later by Marcus Garvey, Lead Belly, and many others others who were active in civil rights and other efforts. It means to be aware, and if another person’s circumstances aren’t identical to yours, to listen and try to understand. So why aren’t you woke?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathoey

"The term kathoey may be considered pejorative, especially in the form kathoey-saloey. It has a meaning similar to the English language 'fairy' or 'queen'.[12] Kathoey can also be seen as a derogatory word for those who are gay.[13]"

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, parafareno said:

the problem with ladyfruitcakes is that thai society shuns them and they cant get a proper job, so they either steal, or sell their bodies....same as blacks in USA...so they have to steal, but stealing from 2 russkies....that does not bother me a lot

is there a hypocrisy in thai society?

on the one hand, they seem to be tolerant but on the other hand not so much (employment ...)?

2 hours ago, phil2407 said:

So want happens to the necklaces - do the actual owners the people get them back is it an insurance thing as shop owner bought in good faith does the shop owner get done for "fencing"

The owner gets them back as they are his property, regardless of the "good faith" of the pawn shop buying non-Thai gold pieces from an LB.

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No.

Why not? Katoey is a Thai word. Ladyboy is English translation. I see no slur there.

Farang is a Thai word. Caucasian foreigner is English translation. Sounds racist to me.