Rented room will be locked by landlord

d4dang

14 hours ago, itsari said:

If the tenant does not leave after 7 days then a judge has to be the one to decide on eviction and not the landlord as most are saying here.

So i am correct what I say.

Over and out

I open the door of your condo, move your things out and change the locks. Then you have to sue me which means you have to pay a Thai lawyer. This would be a bigger hurdle for you than for me as if you can't even pay the rent for your place to live, how are you going to afford a very long court case? 

Over and out.

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

I open the door of your condo, move your things out and change the locks. Then you have to sue me which means you have to pay a Thai lawyer. This would be a bigger hurdle for you than for me as if you can't even pay the rent for your place to live, how are you going to afford a very long court case? 

Over and out.

Your  method of eviction could land you in jail .

Over and out 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 11:25 PM, Celsius said:

Of course it is legal. This is not Toronto where tenants can go to a board and screw landlords out of 12 month rent.

Prove it.  So many of you are faster than a speeding train to tell any foreigner they have no rights here. So prove what you say. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

What you believe has no legal value at all.

And what you believe in has no legality at all when it comes to the right to evict a tenant who refuses to leave .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

For people that refuse to pay for services rendered that would be a problem. Not for decent people.

Decent people get into financial problems as well Mr Frits

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

I am willing to take that risk as it is minute.

Many take the chance and that makes it the right thing to do ?

I prefer to handle tenants in a fair way and I am mostly treated the same .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, itsari said:

Many take the chance and that makes it the right thing to do ?

I prefer to handle tenants in a fair way and I am mostly treated the same .

That is nice. Could you give the location, so people in financial problems could live there?

Just now, FritsSikkink said:

That is nice. Could you give the location, so people in financial problems could live there?

I have had to wait a week or two sometimes . 

I have had problems from damage and lack of cleaning .

That is more annoying than a late payment . One month's rent will often not cover the cost involved to restore the accomodation to its original condition.

You want my location ?

I will not divulge sensitive information on myself or others .

Have a good day Frits

26 minutes ago, itsari said:

I have had to wait a week or two sometimes . 

I have had problems from damage and lack of cleaning .

That is more annoying than a late payment . One month's rent will often not cover the cost involved to restore the accomodation to its original condition.

You want my location ?

I will not divulge sensitive information on myself or others .

Have a good day Frits

I don't want your location. Asked where people in financial problems could "rent" from you. So as the good Samaritan you are, you would be able to help them.

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

I don't want your location. Asked where people in financial problems could "rent" from you. So as the good Samaritan you are, you would be able to help them.

I am busy tiling , have no more time for your sarcasm.

Take care 

Wait, Wait...you didn't pay rent for two months you gave the landlord one month with a promise that you would have the rest of the rent in a few days. If I where the landlord I would have taken your money and kicked your ass out right then and there, legal or not. Personally, I have no patient for deadbeats.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Over and out.

He won't need a lawyer. If your eviction attempt is illegal, it is a crime and you will face a prison sentence. The prosecution will be by the police not by him so he will not need a lawyer. You, however, will need a lawyer.

By changing the locks you've caused criminal damage to the property and may also face prosecution for that.

I am sure the police will assist him in removing your changed locks and possibly they might carry his bed back in.

There is a process for a legal eviction in Thailand and it can take many months.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gaccha said:

He won't need a lawyer. If your eviction attempt is illegal, it is a crime and you will face a prison sentence. The prosecution will be by the police not by him so he will not need a lawyer. You, however, will need a lawyer.

By changing the locks you've caused criminal damage to the property and may also face prosecution for that.

I am sure the police will assist him in removing your changed locks and possibly they might carry his bed back in.

There is a process for a legal eviction in Thailand and it can take many months.

How can changing the locks on his own apartment that HE owns be criminal damage?

IIRC the police will not be interested unless there is a reasonable amount in it for them. It will cost far more to involve the police than paying the outstanding rent, which it seems still has not been paid.

51 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

Absolutely not true. You've leased it. That means for the time of the lease you are alienated from the property. You cannot do what you want on it.

That might work if the rent is paid. It has not been paid so the renter is in breach of the contract and is illegally occupying the place. therefore IMHO the owner can do what HE wants with HIS own apartment.

It is interesting to read all the legalistic talk of what can or cannot ot be done, but nobody has sent any proof of what happens in reality, only their opinion of the law.

Edited by billd766
added extra text

2 hours ago, Gaccha said:

Don't have to change the locks.

Condo offices and smart landlords have a lovely stainless steel cap that covers the doorknob and keyhole, preventing the deadbeat tenant from entering.

Landlord doesn't have to throw the bum out, but doesn't have to give him access either.

If tenant pays past due rent and utilities, the seal is removed.

If not, eviction process is carried out.

1 hour ago, NoDisplayName said:

Don't have to change the locks.

Condo offices and smart landlords have a lovely stainless steel cap that covers the doorknob and keyhole, preventing the deadbeat tenant from entering.

Landlord doesn't have to throw the bum out, but doesn't have to give him access either.

If tenant pays past due rent and utilities, the seal is removed.

If not, eviction process is carried out.

Many people use those to keep the landlord and maids out while your gone.

just a fyi if your neighbor has one.

Legal eviction? ROTFLMAO. I  would try to work with you on the rent but the lady would have a deadbeat farnung out so fast it would knock your socks off, with paid assist from the local constabulary as has been done a few times before in this building here. 

Edited by Captain Monday

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

How can changing the locks on his own apartment that HE owns be criminal damage?

This is a well established point of law. 

As an example, here is the English Law:

"Meaning of Belonging to Another

An owner can damage their own property if, at the same time, it belongs to someone else – s.10(2) CDA 1971. For example, if a person sets fire to their own house, which is subject to a mortgage, they can still be charged under s.1(1) and (3) CDA 1971 as the mortgagor will have a proprietary right or interest in the property."

The lock is subject to the lease. He can be charged with criminal damage.

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

I leased nothing, I bought it.

You are the lessor! You created a lease on the property. That alienates you from the property for the duration of the lease.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1