Rented room will be locked by landlord

d4dang

8 minutes ago, itsari said:

Oh dear, hopefully you are not a landlord with that attitude 

It's my property.

I own it. Why would I let a freeloader stay in my property?

Am I running a charity??

Edited by bogs smith
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

So when he gets locked out, he can just kick in the door and stay?. Asking for a friend  :giggle:

I wish them good luck with that procedure no landlord will comply with this they will take it back and photo the whole procedure so there no drama from the tenant and then the tenant has to take the action if they can't afford to pay the rent, I am sure if they can't afford a lawyer or the translators they need to proceed with a case, or the months needed. I'm also sure the judge will have the same comments can't pay the rent but can waste money on court cases.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, itsari said:

Look up the Thai rental law .

You will find the law in English 

I did

“If rent is not paid within 15 days of the original due date, the Tenant is in breach of the agreement and must leave the Premises and forfeit the deposit. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, itsari said:

In breach of his agreement yes, but an eviction order must be obtained to remain within rental law in Thailand 

Show me the proof. I did.

And even if this is true, I doubt the system would even deal this such issue.

Edited by Celsius
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, bogs smith said:

how can i be evicted from a property that I legally own??

are you a full shilling? 

I leave that to others to decide if I am of sound mind .

If you are not a landlord what is the point of mentioning a property you live in .

Have a good day

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bogs smith said:

how can i be evicted from a property that I legally own??

are you a full shilling? 

In Canada you actually have to pay your tenant to leave. 

I wish I was being sarcastic.

8 minutes ago, Celsius said:

I did

“If rent is not paid within 15 days of the original due date, the Tenant is in breach of the agreement and must leave the Premises and forfeit the deposit. 

I think if you read carefully the article that you quoted that from (Fresh Property), it is not actually quoting the law. It is quoting what that property firm put in their standard rental contract.

https://freshbangkok.com/bangkok-landlord-dealing-with-difficult-tenants-late-rental-payments-and-evictions/

Edited by asf6
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Show me the proof. I did.

And even if this is true, I doubt the system would even deal this such issue.

If you can not find the law then that's the way it has to stay

• Sad 1

Just now, itsari said:

Contracts are made according to the relevant laws on renting property in Thailand .

If the contract is not following the law then it's becomes an illegal contract.

Over and out 

That's fair enough, but if the law does not cover a particular area of a topic, then there would be no law to follow and (in this instance) landlords could write what they want. We need to see what the actual law states on this particular topic. It may be clear, it may not be clear on this topic. 

The following appears to be part of the law on renting property in Thailand. 

Thai Law Translation Civil and Commercial Code 'rent of property'

Section 560. In case of non-payment of rent, the letter may terminate the contract. But, if the rent is payable at monthly or longer intervals, the letter must first notify the hirer that payment is required within a period not less than fifteen days.

https://www.samuiforsale.com/other-miscellaneous/translation-thailand-lease-law.html

46 minutes ago, itsari said:

Look up the Thai rental law .

You will find the law in English 

"A year ago a new law came into place that applies to rent properties in Thailand. Named the Thai Rental Law, it affects rental properties that form part of a business. Any person who owns in excess of five rental properties is now classed as a business operator who has a contract controlled business.", it would all depend on the property owner whether the rental laws apply.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, d4dang said:

actually it is my next door neighbor....looks like he has to leave...legal or not

If you do not want other members to know it is you, when posting it's best to say 'asking for a friend'. 

LOL 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

12 hours ago, d4dang said:

I then found a note on my door saying I would be locked out in 7 days. Is this legal?

The tenant has a period of 7 days to leave the premises before launching an eviction procedure before the judge.

It is legal.

39 minutes ago, itsari said:

If you can not find the law then that's the way it has to stay

I'm not sure that's the way it works.  If you make a claim, it's up to you to back it up with supporting evidence.  It's not true until proven false.

Of course all the landlords and all the condo management offices that seal doors for non-payment of rent COULD be wrong and not following the law.  But then again, since when is following the (alleged) law part of doing business in Thailand?

yeah '   it's legal .....   and don't worry about the rent ,  you just pay when you can .....   if you don't have this months rent, don't worry just fix it up when you've got a bit of spare cash ....  and what about food?  would you like a 55 baht 1+1  burger and drink from McDonalds?       don't worry about the rent '  it'll be fine .......  :cheesy:

1 hour ago, itsari said:

Without a judge allowing the eviction to take place the landlord would be acting illegally by locking out the tenant or removing any articles belonging to the tenant .

So what?  What is the tenant going to do when they find a new lock on the door ?  They don’t even know who put it there.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

So what?  What is the tenant going to do when they find a new lock on the door ?  They don’t even know who put it there.

I have rental property and I know there are landlords who do not follow the law as in any country but as I am a foreigner living in Thailand I like to keep on the right side of the law and treat people with respect.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, d4dang said:

after being late with rent about two months I paid one month and promised to pay in full in two weeks. I then found a note on my door saying I would be locked out in 7 days. Is this legal?

Read your lease agreement.  If it is not specified, the owner, obviously, can give you notice to leave for not paying the rent, why should he risk allowing you to stay when you've already shown that you're not a good rent payer?

Edited by Liverpool Lou